• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

dark side amps

in star wars, the ability to tap into the dark side force for a big increase in power seems to be somewhat ignored by us, never mentioned in any pages. a few important character would be anakin and luke skywalker, for example, whose increase in power by using the dark side gave them the ability to defeat their most powerful foes, whom they always lost agasint, time and again- those two being count dooku and darth vader respectively. more characters could also be affected by this, some that i might unaware of, so if you do know of one, please do mention him or her below. as for another topic, neither anakin skywalker, nor obi wan kenobi have have keys portraying them before the clone wars (aka as padawans, if you will). they cannot be fused into a single key, which is the current case case, as the difference in power from one to the other is exponetial.

while that is completely true it is a case to case basis thing, however, I don't think it requires an entire separate key, id be up for a Higher with Darkside Amps if the certain user has shown a drastic increase.

Mace Windu is generally the only character I think should get a key that separates his Amp form from his normal form but that requires us opening a whole can of worms, it's something that I think should be discussed in its own thread.

as for Anakin, Absolutely he should have Keys for his Attack Of the clones self and Clone wars era self as they have varying levels of power.

i thank thee good sir. i actually had more to say, but i didnt wanna be like one of those who makes like, 5 threads to try and make momoshiki 4c over and over. but yes, users do have shown big increases when tapping into the dark side. luke was losing quite well in his second duel with vader, but the dark side even helped him beat vader once and for all.

Second Duel?

you mean aboard the death star II?

Luke was purposely avoiding a fight with Vader, only parring and countering him when needed.

I wouldnt call that losing though

well, i did rewatch the fight twice the other day and luke was the one to attack fisrt actually. he even tried to deal more blows than vader mid fight. he started to lose once vader used the force a bit, so he got mad and boom, u have the final scene. ps luke did have the advantage at first, cuz of his surprise attack, but he lost it immedietly after vader got "back on his feet"

Can somebody summarise the changes that you want to do here in an easily understood manner?

oh.... um, my bad sorry. what do u mean? like, bullet points or something like that?

if thats the case, i dont really know how to do bullet points, btw. i would have to ask someone else. im sorry ant

"in star wars, the ability to tap into the dark side force for a big increase in power seems to be somewhat ignored by us, never mentioned in any pages. a few important 'characters' would be 'Anakin' and luke skywalker, for example, whose increase in power by using the dark side gave them the ability to defeat their most powerful foes, whom they always lost 'against', time and again- those two being count 'dooku' and 'darth' 'vader' respectively."

Yes this is true, it's not exclusive to the darkside, it's something that force users experience in certain situations, however, it is more apparent with the darkside due to the emotions connected with using it, opposed to the relative peaceful state of mind that is more commonly, it's almost similar to Hysterical strength, with lightside cases being Leia,Rey,Obi Wan,Qui Gon Jinn ect, however i do not think the gap between their base powers and their "Emotion-based amps" are large enough to constitute a new key.

neither 'anakin' 'skywalker,' nor obi wan 'kenobi' 'have have' keys portraying them before the clone wars (aka as padawans, if you will). they cannot be fused into a single key, which is the current 'case case', as the difference in power from one to the other is 'exponetial'.

I agree with this heavily,it's more apparent in Canon than in Legends though

Thanks for replying. As for another thing that I feel would be important to mention somewhere is to point out that light and dark sides are both equally potent/powerful, and neither is actually stronger than the other. The dark side is just faster and easier to acquire. I don't know if this is stated in the force page, but I think it should mentioned

Back