• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DB Toei - About Buuhan's Tier 2 rating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultima_Reality

?????????
VS Battles
Administrator
Hi all.

So, by pure chance, I found that we have a profile for Majin Buu from the Toei Continuity. More importantly I also noticed we now finally use this feat:

Low Multiverse level Environmental Destruction with Outside Space (Warps space and rips through the wall between dimensions, which would have eventually resulted in a multitude of alternate dimensions flowing into the universe and crushing it)

I took a peek at the thread where that was added, and from what I can tell (Here, here, here, here and here), it was decided that it's best to rate Outside Space as being just Environmental Destruction because it would not directly destroy the universe, just break down the dimensional walls surrounding the living world, which would then result in a bunch of alternate dimensions coming through and crushing the whole thing. In other words, the destructive aspect of the feat is being considered a chain reaction, and not something that Buuhan is doing by his own power.

Yeah, so, I disagree with that, namely because even the bit about "Breaking down the walls between dimensions" should already be considered an AP feat on its own right. Here's the full scene, for context:

As Dende says, what Buu is doing is really just an amplification of the Vice Shout, which is the pseudo-technique he uses to escape the RoSaT earlier in the story. Notably he says that the Vice Shout was Buu managing to "break through" the wall between dimensions and come back to the normal world, and as he says this, we're treated to a flashback of the scene where he punctures a hole into the space of the RoSaT. Quite frankly I feel weird having to actually break this scene down because the conclusion is pretty obvious all around: The "wall between dimensions" that Buu's tantrums affect is literally just the fabric of spacetime.

An analogy that would probably help visualize this a bit better would be that the different planes of existence are just like different rooms that stand side-by-side with each other, while the walls that separate them, and which they all share, are the structure of spacetime. Tear a hole through one of the walls, and you can now see the room next over, and maybe even enter it through said hole. Remove the walls entirely, and all of these rooms are now the same room.

So, yeah, needless to say, destroying the entire fabric of the spacetime continuum is Low 2-C at worst, which of course scales to conventional AP due to that explicitly being an effect of Buu's Ki (With whether you can even use the Vice Shout or not being directly related to how strong you are, as seen with Gotenks being unable to do it until he powered up to SSJ3). We also know he is destroying the entirety of the universe's fabric because of what Dende says: "At this rate, the walls between dimensions will break down," which indicates they're being entirely destroyed, as opposed to what he did to escape the RoSaT, which was just a small hole in them.

From what I can tell, there is a Discussion Rule about not making threads about this topic, allegedly on the grounds that it's been discussed and debunked "countless times." However the rule also doesn't link any of the discussions where that allegedly happened, so it's impossible to even have a sense of what the counterarguments to the feat are. So, I'm making this thread regardless.

I personally didn't payed any attention to it, it also had a rule against it, but iirc, the arguement against it was that buuhan will only damage the walls enough (creating holes as shown) which will weaken the boundaries and then other Dimensions will weight in and Destroy the Universe (he won't Destroy all of wall by himself), This hasn't been suggested in the Anime imo.

But from dende's comment it's more seems like buuhan will break down the wall/boundaries by himself entirely and then other Dimensions will rush in and Destroy the Universe. So arguements against it are naturally weak and hence, L2C makes sense.

I personally didn't payed any attention to it, it also had a rule against it, but iirc, the arguement against it was that buuhan will only damage the walls enough (creating holes as shown) which will weaken the boundaries and then other Dimensions will weight in and Destroy the Universe. This hasn't been suggested in the Anime imo.

But from dende's comment it's more seems like buuhan will break down the wall/boundaries by himself entirely and then other Dimensions will rush in and Destroy the Universe. So arguements against it are naturally weak and hence, L2C makes sense.
Actually 2-C, given that Universe in context is macrocosm.

I view it as a combo of AP and special ability but deep down in my heart I always knew it was more of a AP thing due Vegitos reaction

I never understood the mental gymnastics, even a 5 year old could grasp that scene plus you got the guidebook.
The downplay Buuhan gets outside the wiki is insane lol. 💀💀

Is pure Ki. Ki scales to all physicals, and thus it's obvious is due to Buuhan's own strengtht, if people can't grasp that, I can't help them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back