• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DCEU Superman Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://dceu-positivity.tumblr.com/post/144919408040/medias-coverage-of-superman-feats-in-18-months

There's this article showing what's written on some newspapers on the wall of that guy in a wheelchair that blew up.

And there's this newspaper in his wall:

http://66.media.tumblr.com/9ba8787cf5be1b1ddfe4efa46f5af0d4/tumblr_inline_o7r0163m111qladw3_1280.png

On the right side: "Superman shifts tectonic plate. Prevents devastating earthquake."

I know it's vague as hell, but could this be used as a feat?

@Matthew You can ask the calculation group members to take a look at those feats if you wish.

The guide does mention this supes has lightning fast reflexes, wouldn't that make him massively hypersonic?

That's at minimum a 7-B feat which lines up with supes tanking a nuke of unknown yield.

If he is downright moving tectonic plates then he could very well be 6-C like the link in Narutoforums suggests.

Has someone tried getting the KE from that SubRel feat in the blog Matt linked? Seems like it be somewhat impressive.

So if accepted (on Imperator100's post, i mean), we could have the Kryptonians, Doomsday, and Wonder Woman at 6-C, potentially 6-B with Sub Relativistic speed.

Batman on the other hand gets 9-B to 9-A with potentially Sub-Relativistic Reflex's?

Yeah, i really want this checked out as being legit. Big upgrades here, people.

>General Zod grabs Superman and the two start to spin, we see them in space still spinning as Superman tries to throw Zod.
>Geosynchronous Orbit at 35,786 Kilometers in 5 seconds.
I feel like the distance in the subrela calc is being inflated there, for one, we have no idea at what height the satellite they reached was orbiting earth.

Perhaps if someone angsized the distance it would give more accurate results.

Shouldn't we go with what we're seeing that what we're told? Man, BvS had some really inconsistent power levels.

I agree, if it's contradictory we probably shouldn't use that information on basis of an outlier unless he has other Continent level feats, then we can probably just add as further confirmation.

Imo we should wait until the blu-ray releases. I'm curious if we could get the nuke calced. That said superman shifted tectonic plates to prevent an earth quake, that's impressive. If anything that should at least be linked to his tier rating. In regard to the sub-rel calc; it seems to be the only issue is batman. I imagine the problem comes from when batman dodges doomsday with his grapple gun. Two things on that:

1. Wouldn't it be considered aim dodging?

2. Technically the feats go to the grapple guns since they yanked him outta the way when doomsday leaps at him and when doomsday fires his heatvision. True batman had to think fast enough and stretch his arm fast enough but the grapple gun made up for everything else.

Another thing to consider is that heat vision was confirmed as "light" by one of the companion guides. It also mentions it can be focused it like a "laser". In all honesty that should be enough confirmation to give the top tier characters light speed reactions as: superman and doomsday reacted to each other and clashed their heat vision and wonder woman saved batman from doomsdays heat vision after the bat wing was shot down. And I know batman...aim dodging would still explain dodging heat vision (which he only did once) plus his seemingly superpowerful grapple gun, but there's also the fact that he's batman :p

In regard to the subrelativistic calc from Narutoforums:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnAw3E_mLh8

The height they used is most certainly bull, look at the earth around de 3:49 minutes mark, that's clearly LEO which is 300-400km above earth.

GEO orbit is up to 37,000km, at that distance the earth would look barely larger than your fist at an arm's lenght.

Using that height and the timeframe of 3:47-3:49 (the moment we see them reaching orbit) gives me a speed of roughly 150km/s which translates to mach 437.318

Which may or may not apply to their combat speed, though it's likely it does considering we see them struggling all the way up.

Well, mach 437 is Massively Hypersonic flight speed, and we already have them listed at Massively Hypersonic+. I am uncertain whether it should scale to their movement speeds however.

That's what i was thinking too, Ant. Do we scale it to their speed all around or do it to one of them (ex. like you said)?

Well, struggling during a flight does not necessarily scale to movement speed, although reacting to objects moving at the same speed might.

Snyder Superman Speed
The scan used in his statpage also mentions he has lightning reflexes and can think fast enough to avoid obstacles when racing to the rescue, this could support the idea his reflexes are MHS.

I agree with TMR. However, the statement that he can react to objects in his path is probably relevant.

I think that this topic has already been answered, so I will close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back