• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

De-Compositing Garfield

Thank you. Fixing Jon's profile page seems fine to me.

alrighty then however martial arts might be able to stay since Jon and Garfield on a regular basis get into fights and Garfield is capable of fighting those who have martial arts skills (also should mention I obtained these comics from the website GoComics a website that distributes comic stripes online in a legal way)

once he fought a mailman who stated to know karate but was able to defeat him with ease

and it's shown Nermal knows what I believe is Judo who Garfield bullies on a regular basis

alrighty then however martial arts might be able to stay since Jon and Garfield on a regular basis get into fights and Garfield is capable of fighting those who have martial arts skills (also should mention I obtained these comics from the website GoComics a website that distributes comic stripes online in a legal way)
Scans? Also, keep in mind, you don't necessarily need martial arts to defeat a martial artist.
once he fought a mailman who stated to know karate but was able to defeat him with ease
In this case, based on the visual effect, & Garfield saying "& I know Fast & Furious", it seems like he overwhelmed him with speed.
and it's shown Nermal knows what I believe is Judo who Garfield bullies on a regular basis
I'm not sure Nermal's knowledge of judo is consistently accounted for in the comic strips, & in that strip, Nermal defeats Garfield with said judo, leaving Garfield upside down & wondering "How did he do that?".
Even if Garfield's bullying of Nermal were mostly physical, I'm not sure these strips would really support Garfield having martial arts.

Scans? Also, keep in mind, you don't necessarily need martial arts to defeat a martial artist.

In this case, based on the visual effect, & Garfield saying "& I know Fast & Furious", it seems like he overwhelmed him with speed.

I'm not sure Nermal's knowledge of judo is consistently accounted for in the comic strips, & in that strip, Nermal defeats Garfield with said judo, leaving Garfield upside down & wondering "How did he do that?".
Even if Garfield's bullying of Nermal were mostly physical, I'm not sure these strips would really support Garfield having martial arts.
alright I'll just leave jon with his toon force and fourth wall breaking also I made this calc for Garfield being rammed through a cement wall

anyway removed all of Jon's abilities that haven't been shown in comics and equipment but left the newspaper as he uses it to discipline his pets quite often and is usually seen reading one when he wants to relax

so I think it's safe to apply the calc I'll just replace the link for "surviving being smashed through walls" is that fine or should I put it down as a different feat let's say

"Was once used as a battering ram to smash through a cement wall" something like that

If your calculations for Garfield feats have been accepted, you can probably apply them to the relevant profile pages, yes.
so I think it's safe to apply the calc I'll just replace the link for "surviving being smashed through walls" is that fine or should I put it down as a different feat let's say

"Was once used as a battering ram to smash through a cement wall" something like that
The second suggestion seems fine to me.

I don’t believe there is much more to do here I have a couple of additional abilities for odie and Garfield and smoke’s Garfield kart stuff but those are things that don’t relate to fixing canon and should be saved for different threads since everything at least to me looks fine

Okay. Have all of the Garfield pages been de-composited then?

it appears so aside from that one tidbit on the top of the verse page that states "only having feats that range from Tier 9 to low Tier 8" while tier 8 is probably coming from a different source of canon I don't know where it comes since I don't think the profiles were ever at that tier of power

Okay. I suppose that should preferably be removed then.

I think that feat Tony can be applied in LS the feat in attack potency could be talking about another instance I remember it vaguely when it was using the more modern design of Garfield where he stands on both of his legs

also, I think that new tabber would need to be applied I think like this one on the kool-aid man's

I think that feat Tony can be applied in LS the feat in attack potency could be talking about another instance I remember it vaguely when it was using the more modern design of Garfield where he stands on both of his legs

also, I think that new tabber would need to be applied I think like this one on the kool-aid man's
oh yeah also maybe I could replace that little section of text that says only "having feats that range from Tier 9 to low Tier 8 levels of power"

to something like "only having feats in Tier 9" is that ok?

I am not sure what exactly that you mean. Please explain further.

I am not sure what exactly that you mean. Please explain further.
about the little tabber thing or replacing the text with "only has feats in tier 9"

for the little tabber if I'm remembering correctly profiles need that for multiple media a good example is superman who has films, games, and comics in the top "articles about superman (Clark kent)" wouldn't Garfield also need this since we have the profile for the live-action CGI hybrid movie as well as plans for different media such as the kart racing game smoke plans on making as well as my own plans to make one for the original cartoon

if it's that small bit of text well tier 8 isn't a thing we see in Garfield. there was a calc that got rejected we only see feats that are usually in wall tier usually for the comics

Okay. Both of those suggestions seem fine to me.

Okay. You can just copy the structure, and the URL pattern, of another template if you wish.

It seems fine to apply to me. Do you know how to create a new template page?

I had to slightly adjust the coding of your template, but it has been fully applied now:

Back