• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Accuracy Scale [Part 8, The Rebirth]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smasher, this is not the thread for an argument like this, take it and your accusations to a wall.

Weekly, you will take it to a wall as well, It is bad enough that you are continuing a derail as a mod.
Im not a mod, im barely even a staff

Son Goku vs Superman 2 (SSB Goku vs Post-Crisis/New 52 Superman) | Reason: Due to Goku being Super Saiyan Blue, the power gap between him and Supes is too big for a DC win
They used feats of superman this wiki didn't accept.

Yes but how many times have you claimed a CRT would come out during your arguments in matches and how many times did the CRT happen.

I mean both have resurrection with the only limit seemingly only limited by if they choose to use it. I know Po has abilities iron fist can't counter but does iron fist have a wincon.

Okay, I have a ton to catch up on with what's happened recently. I apologize that I'm not as active on this thread as I should be, being the creator/moderator and all. I work six days a week and do all the chores I don't have time for on my day off. I'm trying to get back into this more, but I often don't have time too. With that said, I'll address what's been happening:

Akuma in Tekken 7: That is not the Street Fighter version of Akuma, which they addressed in the QnA of Ryu vs Jin. In Tekken 7, none of the main three (Jin, Kazuya, and Heihachi) are shown beating Akuma in the story mode, removing the possibility of scaling. Also, Tekkuma joins the story because he's fighting against Mishima Zaibatsu for the sake of the environment. That's something SF Akuma would never do.

@Abysswalker2126 I watched both videos that you posted and you're absolutely right. I'm going to have to go back and write down every one of the examples that will lower episode's research levels. I'm gonna be honest, with my schedule, I probably won't be able to change the list until mid-season hiatus and/or end of season. I'm not ignoring arguments, it just takes a lot of time for me to rearrange everything.

Geese vs Heihachi: While I'm unfamiliar with KoF, I think that the issue of Geese scaling to Verse is debatable due to the canonicity issue of the manga and the iffy scaling of Geese -> 3 Characters = Verse. However, the episode said something along the lines of "even with Geese scaling to Verse, he's still way weaker than Heihachi," which is true. Will it lower the quality a bit? Yes. Is it still a very thoroughly researched episode? Absolutely.

Green Lantern vs Multivere Ctrl+Alt+Del: It's been proven that GLs could survive the physical force of the Crisis, but were erased by the actual reality change later after the deity holding it back let it happen.

Mikasa vs Blake: While I personally disagree with Mikasa getting 7-C swords (I can hurt myself by punching a wall, but I don't need to use nearly as much force as that to cut myself), I'm going to say that her swords follow the Adamantium Principle when it comes to hurting more powerful beings, just for the sake of argument. It's ultimately a moot point due to the fact that Blake is waaaay faster than Mikasa (I couldn't find the lightning-dodging feat for Mikasa in the upgrade thread, and the only thing like that I can think of is the bolts that sometimes form when Shifters transform, which aren't confirmed to be natural lightning) and her Aura can tank Thunder Spears just fine (The episode did say in a bubble that Nevermores are a non-threat at this point in RWBY, so her Aura should be far more powerful, but they act like they didn't say that in the final analysis). It's a good episode, but probably only mid-tier for Right, Good.

Now, I'm going to address some moments of heated discussion that have occurred recently in the thread. I'm not going to name names, you know who you are, and I do not want to reignite things.

Look, I get it. None of this is an exact science, we're nerds who are passionate about fictional characters and mathematical debate, and we want to be right about these verdicts. I completely understand why we can get heated about this. I've done so myself multiple times, you've all seen it. However, I do not want this thread I've been working on for so long to turn into a screaming match. I try to be civil and understanding with everyone, regardless of whether I agree with them or not, and I would hope everyone here would do the same, which is what usually happens. I am going to ask that such exchanges be avoided in the future. I know I've been too busy to take part as much as I used to, but I try to make this a calm place where we can discuss a show that we love/hate/love to hate. I don't want this to be a source of frustration for people.

Once again, this is me politely asking to try and avoid yelling at each other moving forward. This is not an excuse to point fingers or blame the other person for starting it. I'm not even asking anyone to apologize. Just please keep it civil

Akuma in Tekken 7: That is not the Street Fighter version of Akuma, which they addressed in the QnA of Ryu vs Jin. In Tekken 7, none of the main three (Jin, Kazuya, and Heihachi) are shown beating Akuma in the story mode, removing the possibility of scaling. Also, Tekkuma joins the story because he's fighting against Mishima Zaibatsu for the sake of the environment. That's something SF Akuma would never do.
Heihachi beats him if you dont attack and let him perform the rage art in the story, Akuma will just get up and do the raging demon and BFR him thinking he was done with him, otherwise they are evenly matched, meanwhile Shin Akuma battled a weakened True Devil Kazuya, i say weakened because Akuma goes to fight Kazuya immediately after the battle with Heihachi after throwing him down, Kazuya in that form even manages to knock him out of the shin form

So DB is wrong on that, not like it matters anyway as Tekkuma is above his canon self

@Sorvoe551 I think I can agree with on Mikasa vs Blake, blades in general are strength multipliers since it's an amount of force applied over a small area thus providing a large pressure, but they don't exactly multiply your strength to the point you are 7-C

Also I think Mikasa's current profile is accurate enough as it is since the Ackermans are not Titan shifter level

@Sorvoe551 I think I can agree with on Mikasa vs Blake, blades in general are strength multipliers since it's an amount of force applied over a small area thus providing a large pressure, but they don't exactly multiply your strength to the point you are 7-C
Thing is its not evn th swords that are the issue, the issue is that her swords can cut the Colossus Titan but cant cut the Armoerd Titan which is why they need the Rocket Spears to damage him
Also I think Mikasa's current profile is accurate enough as it is since the Ackermans are not Titan shifter level
Its not accurate actually, mostly because they are in fact Titan Shifter level, like thats a whole mechanic of their existence is that they have the strength of Titan Shifters without being Titans

Where was it said in manga canon that the Ackermans ate Titan Shifter level? I personally have read through 25 volumes of AoT, and that was never mentioned

Where was it said in manga canon that the Ackermans ate Titan Shifter level? I personally have read through 25 volumes of AoT, and that was never mentioned
Okay i see where the issue would be with that, its brought up in Volume 28, chapter 112. I can post scans if you'd like but if you dont want spoilers i wont

Reading that page, Eren says “Partly manifest the strength of a titan while in human form”, which can be up to interpretation, but he doesn’t explicitly say “manifest the strength of one of the nine titans while in human form”

Reading that page, Eren says “Partly manifest the strength of a titan while in human form”, which can be up to interpretation, but he doesn’t explicitly say “manifest the strength of one of the nine titans while in human form”
This was also brought up in a blurb during Mikasa's breakdown. Quote:

"Although the Ackerman Clan's strength is obviously greater than average, Eren's statement that they have the power of the Titans was likely an exaggeration to shock Mikasa"

Interpret that as you will, DB clearly did. I personally agree with it, but besides the point. In addition, they brought up these two things in bubbles during the final analysis:

"Because the Thunder Spears take advantage of Reiner’s weakness to piercing weapons, its energy is not necessarily comparable to the explosion he survived against the Founding Titan. Both Weiss and Penny have feats that surpass this that Blake would scale to."

"At a baseline level, the average Grimm has shown more feats of strength than the average Pure Titan. Barring the Nine Titans, this means that Blake has had more experience fighting stronger monsters than Mikasa."

"Because the Thunder Spears take advantage of Reiner’s weakness to piercing weapons, its energy is not necessarily comparable to the explosion he survived against the Founding Titan.

Insert gif of Reiner's armor being unpiercable by the swords, guns, hooks, cannons, and mortars of everyone in the entire series here

And the fact that the modern military literally needed to develop special anti-titan artillery shells just to be able to damage him

And the fact that the modern military literally needed to develop special anti-titan artillery shells just to be able to damage him
I'd hardly call the Military in Attack On Titan "Modern". The ODM gear is extremely advanced, but they clearly don't have technology compared to our own modern tech.

I'd hardly call the Military in Attack On Titan "Modern". The ODM gear is extremely advanced, but they clearly don't have technology compared to our own modern tech.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're not super familiar with Attack on Titan. AoT takes place in the modern day, literally only Eren's and Mikasa's home country is stuck in the 1800s due to the memory erasure used by King Fritz, the rest of the world is modern and has been fought by the Armored Titan, Beast Titan, Female Titan, Cart Titan, and Jaw Titan.

I like to think that technology in AoT is around the same level as technology in FMA, I mean they both seem to be around the same time period

I mean, don't tell me there are iPhones in AoT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back