• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is batman really a mary sue?
Personally i think Mary Sue is an invalid criticism on it’s own, buuut I guess if you go through the general definition

Dark and Tragic Backstory
Batman has this in spades

Unnaturally Talented
Batman in less then a lifetime was able to master every martial art and beat all there current masters, constantly beats people above his weight, is hyped up constantly even by those people, and Is impossibly intelligent and has absolutely superhuman feats

Plot Armor
Batman obviously has this in spades, he constantly somehow survives every encounter that would kill a Normal Human, the guy lived in Space for a few minutes

Is Romantically Loved by everyone despite having no admirable traits in that field
Batman is a Loner and Often a Asshole, even an abuser at times in cases of Cassandra Cain, yet it’s hard to time one major female character who hasn’t had some implied feelings towards Bruce or called him hot

Involved with stuff that shouldn’t involve them and often the one to save the day anyway
Him being in the Justice League at all can count as this, and often times the entire league will Job to make him more involved

There’s probably more but that’s the stuff that comes to mind

Silica_vs_Iris.png

Silica vs Iris:
3rd fave SAO character
As an SAO fan who has seen defamation aimed at Kirito ad astra, I agree with this.
Kirito isnt mary sue, else many of the situations would have turned out better for him, like saving asuna wouldnt have required others help to get through, deathgun wasnt his own merit only, the movie he had to get in shape and train, alicilization he had help all over and even got himself killed almost then became a vegetable till he managed to get back eventually

Last edited:
been awhile since i seen ya
feel on the first half s8?
I really enjoyed Cloud Vs Link and Po vs Danny. Thunder Shroud had no right to sound as awesome as it did (tho I'll admit RT has a consistent high standard for music) and the rest of the battles were decent to great, so S8 overall has been great imo.

Although I can do without the overused Boomstick dad jokes (albeit they're ultimately harmless).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back