• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When they say "Out there" franchises it makes me think that some more obscure ones might get their chance to shine

If Touhou doesn't show up this season it likely never will. There's also a chance we could get an SCP one, maybe? I think the possibility of a Yakuza fight could happen as well, with that series' rising popularity.

And then there's obvious shoe ins like Omni-Man introducing Invincible and such.
Touhou chances boils down to who the most Likeliest rep they could go with
Jack vs Cirno is a thing among the community and Hit vs Sakuya has a researcher interested in and Arguably the best way to introduce the series

Omni-Man is a popular pick for S9
Question is who
Bardock vs Omni-Man is what Ben prefers and the team likes Homelander vs Omni-Man and it is highly requested

I see them using Reimu or Sakuya as the Touhou introductory match. Hit v Sakuya already has researcher interest, while Reimu has plenty of MUs you could pull that would all introduce her and the series just fine.

I doubt we'd see Jack v Cirno first, not until both SMT and Touhou have been properly introduced imo. I doubt they would but I could see that fight being a really fun incon honestly.

I expect Omni-Man v Bardock personally, seems like a good way to pull in views on both ends and Ben likes it.

1-A Persona is only a thing in this wiki and everyone and their mother outside the site would laugh if they saw that.
Universal is still a reasonable thing though.
So what are the criteria that puts Persona god tier at universe level again? Like one P5 minor villain can create a universe of its own?

They’ll probably cite SMT as having higher-dimensions. As far as the general populous goes, Persona is a building level verse.
Persona is a building level verse
Aw. Weiss vs Mitsuru showed a literal sixty kilotons of TNT by 2 persons, so people with only Death Battle to go by would know Town Persona is a very lenient minimum. Perhaps a lowball of 21 tons of TNT for P3 cast physically.

So... 1-A most acepted among VSBW aside, which realms could the P5 casts use their 1-A powers?
IIRC P3 cast can just use the powers "in real life".

Touhou chances boils down to who the most Likeliest rep they could go with
Jack vs Cirno is a thing among the community and Hit vs Sakuya has a researcher interested in and Arguably the best way to introduce the series
Jack Frost vs Cirno
Sakuya (vs Hit, Kurumi Tokisaki, Homura Akemi...)
Reimu Hakurei vs Sakura Kinimoto or Yusuke Urameshi or Madoka Kaname
Yukari Yakumo vs Altair or Ajimu/Medaka or Hoopa or Dimentio or Kagura (Senran Kagura)...
Marisa Kirisame vs Jessica Ushiromiya
Yuyuko Saigyouji vs Kirby or Hades (Saint Seiya)
Yuuma Toutetsu vs Kirby

Omni-Man is a popular pick for S9
Question is who
Bardock vs Omni-Man is what Ben prefers and the team likes Homelander vs Omni-Man and it is highly requested
The team is totally aware about Bardock vs Omni-Man as they dished out Homelander vs Omni-Man in the Community Death Battle.

Last edited:

Touhou is kinda weird cause while it's somewhat obscure it's shouldn't be unfamiliar with the crew given Sakuya vs Dio is at 4.5Mil views practically sitting at the highest viewed OMM episode when it was on the channel (granted JJBA hype+Dio vs Sakuya being a thing ) but still

I am sure you mean Touhou Project is obscure in the US of A. Touhou has been popular worldwide until the end of Windows Generation No. 2 and is still having some residual heat at Windows Generation No. 3.

Touhou Project has (a) definite copyright owner(s) so itis not some creative commons like SCP Foundation. I would see Touhou appear before SCP Foundation.

Alright seeing that Season 9 already has Three New Franchise introduced what other new franchises could be in next season?
Think Fire Emblem has a decent shot since there has been many popular FE requests going around here.
G.I. Joe rep might be likely since Snake Eyes has been talked about and Touhou has been gaining rounds among the DB community and crew.

4f73cf65547c241b7666c5e09c063452--rising-sun-stuff-to-buy.jpg
heroes-of-the-storm-november-annabella-terra-concept-art-artist-png-favpng-77BeF7GmvMVbW3rLpFjFHRFTH.jpg

Yuriko Omega VS Nova Terra (Command & Conquer VS Starcraft)
Former is from Red alert, I know it's technically spin off of C&C, but still.

Think Fire Emblem has a decent shot since there has been many popular FE requests going around here.
G.I. Joe rep might be likely since Snake Eyes has been talked about and Touhou has been gaining rounds among the DB community and crew.
Fire Emblem is overdue.
Marth, Lucina, Dimitri and Three Houses battle royale, and Byleth.

So is GI Joe. Snake-Eyes, Cobra Commander, Roadblock, Firefly, ...
Mostly Snake-Eyes vs Deathstroke, Ice Bear, Gray Fox, Agent Venom... And perhaps Cobra Commander vs Red Skull because Ben Singer loves to send Cobra Commander to Death Battle.

Also GER is bound to time, he was affected by the time erasure and only managed to move freely after RTZ got activacted, and being "unbound by time" doesn't give you immunity to time manipulation, especially if it comes from resisting time erasure only, which he didn't.

There are Personas that transcend time IIRC.
Care to elaborate. Because GER isn’t bound by time. I don’t know persona, but don’t list any time manipulating personas or anything because GER isn’t bound by time. Remember that GER return to 0 ability activated in erased time. Time that no longer existed
Also GER is bound to time, he was affected by the time erasure and only managed to move freely after RTZ got activacted, and being "unbound by time" doesn't give you immunity to time manipulation, especially if it comes from resisting time erasure only, which he didn't.
First this.

Then... Where can P5 users use their 1-A or whatever multiversal or universe level powers exactly?

Nobody ever attempted to answer this?

Fire Emblem is overdue.
Marth, Lucina, Dimitri and Three Houses battle royale, and Byleth.

So is GI Joe. Snake-Eyes, Cobra Commander, Roadblock, Firefly, ...
Mostly Snake-Eyes vs Deathstroke, Ice Bear, Gray Fox, Agent Venom... And perhaps Cobra Commander vs Red Skull because Ben Singer loves to send Cobra Commander to Death Battle.
Dimtiri has Guts and I remember Zenkichi from P5S has another FE character

First this.

Then... Where can P5 users use their 1-A or whatever multiversal or universe level powers exactly?

Nobody ever attempted to answer this?
Yeah the more this get asked and never answered the more im getting curious, i know atleast Joker was beaten up by cops irl and couldn't just break out of custody by himself, and P4 made a big deal about irl stuff

As Tots said, it said multiple times the wand is capable of destroying the universe. It's actually universal knowledge (heh) in SVTFOE that the wand is capable of universal destruction. Skywynne's feat in the book is pretty clear cut. Merging universes together also helps, even if it's technically environmental destruction only

Even this guy in Season 1 referenced it. He mocked Star for being too boring and having a high caliber weapon

Speaking of Star, I should at least try to update her powers and abilities section. I gave up trying to upgrade her speed and rework her AP in this site. Last SVTFOE revision thread took months to resolve and I just don't want to deal with that. I ain't got time for that. Though, I may take my time with that.
Oh, Star has no power anymore. She destoyed it all because of her inpetitude and stupidity. I am literally personally insulted by that Disney Trilogy-levels of awful finale. Guess it is fitting Game of Thrones also had it's finale on the same day, 19.5.2019, and bouth were insultingly stupid.

Universe Size in Death Battle
DC-100 TRLY
Marvel-1 TRLY
Dragon Ball-9x our Universe size (higher with multipliers)
Sailor Moon-8x(HighBall)
so unless you are packing a high number and Hax don't expect to beat the top three in AP
Sailor Moon was mostly normal Uni sized, x8 is from defeated 8 uni level beings at once.

DB is 9-13x our uni since they seriously used that high-end.

If I counted it right, 46x13 = roughly half of 1 Trillion LY, right? Marvel's prolly getting buffed in Thor vs Vegeta tho.

So... 1-A most acepted among VSBW aside, which realms could the P5 casts use their 1-A powers?
IIRC P3 cast can just use the powers "in real life".
Should any Persona-user be put in a perilous situation or in deep concentration, they will awaken their Persona, Mitsuru pretty blatantly states this during Arena. So, if they put him in the real world and think he’s just gonna die, Arsene will pop out of his own volition. But no one actually saw Arena’s story, so they go with this narrative that’s been false since Persona 3 (where Mitsuru awakens it in the real world to protect her father).

Yeah the more this get asked and never answered the more im getting curious, i know atleast Joker was beaten up by cops irl and couldn't just break out of custody by himself, and P4 made a big deal about irl stuff
Not sure if you finished P5, but, they make it pretty abundantly clear that him getting caught was a plan to incriminate Akechi, and all the beatings he took were because he wanted to (not even mentioning it was a replica Joker). P4 cast wasn’t experienced enough until Arena.

For animation styles i say this: 2D works best for weaker charcters, due to their fights being more psychical and usually more colorful (Steven Universe vs Star Butterfly), while 3D animation works best when our characters are throwing planets and destroying universes (Thanos vs Darkseid)

BRANDON YATES SONG GIVEAWAY XMAS 2021
Just in case someone is still wishing to join the lucky draw.
(The winner will be decided New Year's Day, 2022. Winner will be put in the queue behind all paid commissions at time of decision.)
So likely a long wait until the new year and another long wait until the queues are cleared.

Speaking of which, last time Brandon Yates wants to test out his new system with his 5 slots. Anyone knows how is that moving on?

Oh. Over 170 commissioned music.
US$200 per 3:00 to 3:30 music IIRC, higher with longer length and with additional instrumentalists and vocalists.

I am torn into two: it sounds too much to commission one music from like a casual college student (and working adults may think twice after sparing for the family's living budget). On the other hand a US$34000 annual income, while sounding g attracting a... 11.4% federal tax. As average annual Texas household income scratches US$61,874.

For animation styles i say this: 2D works best for weaker charcters, due to their fights being more psychical and usually more colorful (Steven Universe vs Star Butterfly), while 3D animation works best when our characters are throwing planets and destroying universes (Thanos vs Darkseid)
I would say: 3D (or even live action) works best if there is a lot of action and esp. martial arts.

Hand drawn is for zany fights (but Jack vs Afro as hand drawn fights still look good).

RTZ had to be activated, if he was affected he wouldnt have been doing it

Also others were still under time erase affect, even Giorno, while GER was just casually having a monologue to Diavolo

RTZ had to be activated, if he was affected he wouldnt have been doing it

Also others were still under time erase affect, even Giorno, while GER was just casually having a monologue to Diavolo
Which is why he has infinite speed for RTZ, still doesn't change how we clearly see him being affected, RTZ is automatic.

That was during the RTZ, the others got affected by GER ability, while GER himself was freed, time was restored and being rewinded thanks to it, this is essentialy giving time stop resistance to users of it due to their own time stop.

You know, after seeing how well the team can still do hand-drawn animations with Saitama vs Popeye, I'm of the opinion now that should Hit vs Sakuya happen, it needs to be 2D hand-drawn. That shit combined with how crazy they could get with their powers could lead to something badass as shit, and potentially a 10/10 episode. What do y'all think?

If Zero doesn't turn out to be MK's matchup, who could it be? aside from Yoda (which is unlikely), i personally think Vader could be his match

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back