• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, wtf is this? Is this from the new Halloween movie that released? Good god it looks stupid as ****.
Like just ignoring the fact she missed two point blank shots at close range, the fact she dies from accidentally shooting herself when hit with the car door is just ridiculous
No that's Halloween Kills.

I'm going to save my thoughts on Halloween Kills for a review but.....they're not good.

Wait, wtf is this? Is this from the new Halloween movie that released? Good god it looks stupid as ****.
Like just ignoring the fact she missed two point blank shots at close range, the fact she dies from accidentally shooting herself when hit with the car door is just ridiculous

It's from Halloween Kills, and is kind of out of context, the whole point of the movie was basically people being thrown into the meat grinder unprepared because they were trying to be the hero even if they have no idea what they are doing (via mob mentality) just before this, she was in a group of people and saw a kid die, as well as the rest of her group and husband, and initially was running away before turning back when her husband was killed and just went apeshit, leading her to blind fire and die here. The entire film is basically a commentary about how fear spreads in a community and the issues of vigilante justice and lynch mobs, especially among people who have no idea about what is actually going on and is just jumping onto it.

Voorhees_vs_Myers_20221017132835.png

It's from Halloween Kills, and is kind of out of context, the whole point of the movie was basically people being thrown into the meat grinder unprepared because they were trying to be the hero even if they have no idea what they are doing (via mob mentality) just before this, she was in a group of people and saw a kid die, as well as the rest of her group and husband, and initially was running away before turning back when her husband was killed and just went apeshit, leading her to blind fire and die here. The entire film is basically a commentary about how fear spreads in a community and the issues of vigilante justice and lynch mobs, especially among people who have no idea about what is actually going on and is just jumping onto it.
This for the Halloween 2022 movie?
Not bad... Just not "low superhuman" slasher film but rather a drama focusing on more human level horror and social reflection.

This for the Halloween 2022 movie?
No, Kills is the movie from 2021. Ends is the one from 2022. Its goal is more about how fear and rejection can make people evil but it stumbles with its message pretty hard.

Though in that movie Myer's gets like, corruption and power enhancement I guess. Along with the person he enhanced basically getting meme tier stealth or speed.

@Qawsedf234 you mean like they give him what is basically paranormal based abilities? That's quite weird since I thought Michael Myers in the new movies was painted as being pretty strong but still human at the day.
If they're implying that Myers is supernatural in nature, it just goes back to a lot of those old Halloween sequels

ou mean like they give him what is basically paranormal based abilities?
Yeah. Spoilers:
So we have the following information
As a note the person in the second gif was beaten up by two 17-year-olds in a high school marching band, but after being infected by Michael could do the following:
Finally the novelization of Halloween Kills hints that Myers has a greater force inside of him from third person narrations:

The Shape hurts, but pain means nothing to him, whether it’s his own or someone else’s. There’s only one thing that’s important to him now: regaining his face. He feels the cool night air on his skin, and he finds the sensation revolting. His true face protects him from the outer world, helps him control the maelstrom that rages inside him. It gives him focus, purpose. Without it he is diminished. With it, he’s unstoppable.
The Shape stands at his sister’s window as he did so many years ago, blood splattered mask reflected in the glass before him. He does not see himself, though. He sees something else. Something beyond… something greater.

He sees—

But basically Ends confirms that Final Michael is paranormal, though it's not as explicit as Thorn Michael.

@Qawsedf234 you mean like they give him what is basically paranormal based abilities? That's quite weird since I thought Michael Myers in the new movies was painted as being pretty strong but still human at the day.
If they're implying that Myers is supernatural in nature, it just goes back to a lot of those old Halloween sequels
Nah, it's not....exactly supernatural. It's weird, and not exactly explained, but somewhat implied that he can corrupt someone. However there is also legitimate reason to believe that someone was already on his way down the path of evil. So you can either believe the supernatural take or the realistic one.

Yeah. Spoilers:
So we have the following information
As a note the person in the second gif was beaten up by two 17-year-olds in a high school marching band, but after being infected by Michael could do the following:
Finally the novelization of Halloween Kills hints that Myers has a greater force inside of him from third person narrations:

But basically Ends confirms that Final Michael is paranormal, though it's not as explicit as Thorn Michael.
To be fair, Micheal being a representation of pure evil as a concept, has been present in the series for a very long time. They just chose to take such themes and really drive them home by making it not exclusive to Myers and make The Shape of Evil Itself feel like the true "antagonist."

I for one still like the new trilogy a lot more than anything after Halloween '78, and personally liked Ends more than Kills too. To be fair though, I'm extremely critical of Horror because I like the genre so much, and am even harsher on Slashers. The Halloween trilogy had a point to get across and I respect the effort and attempt.

Something interesting I thought of, do you think they'll have Jason hear Pamela's voice in his head urging him to kill Michael? Not really familiar with Friday the 13th, but I do remember hearing her voice a lot when I played as Jason in the game.

depends, the movies don't really do that except for like certain very specific scenes and it usually has to do with things going on in the scene (i.e Freddy using Pamela as a disguise to guide Jason or when Ginny disguised herself as Pamela)

depends, the movies don't really do that except for like certain very specific scenes and it usually has to do with things going on in the scene (i.e Freddy using Pamela as a disguise to guide Jason or when Ginny disguised herself as Pamela)
So the solution is to have Michael put on Pamela's sweater.

though it also kind of depends on WHEN for Jason too, as he basically goes from killing for vengeance over his mothers death to killing every person who entered the camp to keep it closed to eventually killing everyone who came to crystal lake to finally a loathing for all life by itself

So the solution is to have Michael put on Pamela's sweater.
as funny as that'd be,that only worked for her for like 5 seconds and solely because she knew his story and was a child psychologist so knew exactly what to say and do, he was already questioning it but then quickly realized the moment she was going to attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back