• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DB.png

Thoughts?
I ******* love it. But, whose that against Iron Man?

Could someone tell me the connection between Gohan and Ultraman Zero?
For Zero
Sons of previous alien heroes Both were trained by an associate of their dad (Ultraman Leo and Piccolo) While both series have tons of villians both characters are mostly associated with one( Belial and Perfect Cell) Both villians came back (somewhat) in the form of kaiju forms They both have tons of forms where one is associated with their instincts (Gohan Beast and Wild Burst) One of Ultraman Zero's hosts have a similar family life to gohan where they are part of a nuclear family consisting of them with a wife and a daughter Both are skilled in martial arts and have beam attacks

Most do in general
Then reddit folks try to shill Gohan vs Supergirl as the best MU for both and try to **** She-Hulk vs Supergirl from happening

Ya work fast also idk how people were gaslight into thinking it was good Mu to begin with
She Hulk should probably fight a 4th wall breaker. And we should use the cooler version of She hulk, her old versions where she broke the 4th wall way before Deadpool.

What were even the connections for Gohan vs Supergirl? If you show that MU to a casual he wouldn't figure out the connections at first glance. It has no superficial connections.

Tbf She-Hulk vs Supergirl sucks ass too but Supergirl vs Gohan ain't any better lmao (I think I've actually seen some decent MUs for Supergirl on r/dbm, they're probably not worth pushing but they definetly deserve more attention than ******* Gohan)
She-Hulk vs Supergirl is literally just "What if Superman vs Hulk but female" ? It reduces both of either character to just female versions of their original male counterparts

eh, I find the connections to be a bit of a stretch. Typical r/dbm user stretching the connections to make both characters look more similar than they really are.
Pretty much it's trying to gass up a Mu that really isn't good and make it deeper than it actually is
This or most popular Yhwach mu?
You can't say suicide.
Neither
She-Hulk vs Supergirl is literally just "What if Superman vs Hulk but female" ? It reduces both of either character to just female versions of their original male counterparts
I mean connections are whatever but hardly the worst ya can do for both and we never had Hulk vs Superman on the show
Granted neither I'm dying to see on the show

Here is an issue I see a lot on places that make Death Battle matchups.
People pick two characters they like that barely have any surface connections and use big words and lots of words to make those two characters look very similar. Instead of trying to make the connections be as short and understandable as possible they do the opposite to avoid people from reading all of it.
That's why you see so many matchups with so many stretched and irrelevant connections that lack a core theme.

People pick two characters they like that barely have any surface connections and use big words and lots of words to make those two characters look very similar. Instead of trying to make the connections be as short and understandable as possible they do the opposite to avoid people from reading all of it.
That's why you see so many matchups with so many stretched and irrelevant connections that lack a core theme.
I've spoken to some people who make MUs and they admitted they try to add more words to the connections of their MU and overcomplicate it to make the MU more accepted.

Zatanna vs Scarlet Witch
Illusions don't count 🗿
I've spoken to some people who make MUs and they admitted they try to add more words to the connections of their MU and overcomplicate it to make the MU more accepted.
Well that explains why alot of Mid and dogshit MU be shilled there 💀

I also think that some of the reasons so many crappy MUs are promoted so much is that people want two of their favorite characters to fight but they don't have lot's of similarities and they can't bring themselves to admit they just want a simple MU between two characters they like simply because they like both of those characters so they start making up similarities or cherry picking vague similarities.

It might also be thanks to the whole "creating a matchup" gives you bragging rights thing. Somehow "creating" a death battle matchup is seen as something to brag about in death battle communities. So people are impulsed to create matchups in order to have more bragging rights, so they try to "create" matchups and make it seem like the MU has lots of connections to have something new to brag about.

TYBW returns in July so it could mean an increase in chance of a Bleach character
i mean ya only got
Kenpachi
Ichigo Runback
Rukia

thats it really
idk who the **** Kenpachi got
I also think that some of the reasons so many crappy MUs are promoted so much is that people want two of their favorite characters to fight but they don't have lot's of similarities and they can't bring themselves to admit they just want a simple MU between two characters they like simply because they like both of those characters so they start making up similarities or cherry picking vague similarities.

It might also be thanks to the whole "creating a matchup" gives you bragging rights thing. Somehow "creating" a death battle matchup is seen as something to brag about in death battle communities. So people are impulsed to create matchups in order to have more bragging rights, so they try to "create" matchups and make it seem like the MU has lots of connections to have something new to brag about.
no shame just liking a Mu with both ya favs
no need to try and gass it up

i mean ya only got
Kenpachi
Ichigo Runback
Rukia
Yhwach, Ichibei, Ulquiorra or Grimmjow, any Captain, any relevant Sternritter etc.

Basically any heavy hitter. Although not Aizen again
Agree, be honest with yourselves. Seeing characters you like fight other badass characters is fun, even if they don't have 8 paragraphs of connections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back