• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiki is writing Black Adam vs Apocalypse
Well, **** me. I’m finally sold on AdamCalypse. I suppose I will be watching.

Could just be my opinion, but BondWick has delivered on the hype I’ve had for these three months. Definitely noticed jank in some parts, but those are par for the course to me. I’m willing to hear out issues people have with it, but as far as I’m concerned, this is another S9 banger.

Well, **** me. I’m finally sold on AdamCalypse. I suppose I will be watching.

Could just be my opinion, but BondWick has delivered on the hype I’ve had for these three months. Definitely noticed jank in some parts, but those are par for the course to me. I’m willing to hear out issues people have with it, but as far as I’m concerned, this is another S9 banger.
same here honestly speaking it get better on rewatch
i give it a 7/10 the start was pretty weak, had jank but it picked up really

Yeah, its a 6-7/10. It was kinda bad at start but it picked up after second half. Man, its silly they allowed video game stuff for Bond. He didnt even seem to need those had they only used film stuff, meh.

Next time... well being interested in fight is hard because ohmyDCbigatons but screw it. What unique moves does Adam have compared to Shazam? How much hax/abilities does Apoc have? Not sure how accurate profiles are here.

same here honestly speaking it get better on rewatch
i give it a 7/10 the start was pretty weak but it picked up really
Pretty much the general consensus from what I've seen but after two watches I think I still prefer Snake Vs Sam imo.

That said I kinda agree with some of the grievances people had with the MU, with it coming out before the new Wick movie and ofc not being "thematically" the best MU for both characters but I digress.

Pretty much the general consensus from what I've seen but after two watches I think I still prefer Snake Vs Sam imo.

That said I kinda agree with some of the grievances people had with the MU with it coming before the new Wick movie and ofc not being "thematically" the best MU for both characters.
Grass is green. Peak Torrian has not and cannot be topped.

God, this fight would have gone so much harder with Torrian at the helm. Damn shame.

still prefer Snake Vs Sam imo.
well yeah this episode wasn't going to surpass it lol
That said I kinda agree with some of the grievances people had with the MU with it coming before the new Wick movie and ofc not being "thematically" the best MU for both characters.
i agree on the latter of not being the best for both characters but its far from the worst u can go with

Yeah, its a 6-7/10. It was kinda bad at start but it picked up after second half. Man, its silly they allowed video game stuff for Bond. He didnt even seem to need those had they only used film stuff, meh.

Next time... well being interested in fight is hard because ohmyDCbigatons but screw it. What unique moves does Adam have compared to Shazam? How much hax/abilities does Apoc have? Not sure how accurate profiles are here.

Black Adam is essentially a copy paste of Shazam in terms of moveset, the only two major differences that I can remember is Adam draws god energy from the Egyptian Pantheon rather than the Greek pantheon and Adam has more experience in using his powers but that's about it.

Apocalypse is one of those comic books characters that has a laundry list of powers and abilities but many of them he has only used once or twice, so yeah good luck trying to find consistency there.

I do agree it was wack giving bond videogame stuff but the DB standards for composites is so all over the place I've given up trying to comprehend it awhile ago.

Grass is green. Peak Torrian has not and cannot be topped.

God, this fight would have gone so much harder with Torrian at the helm. Damn shame.
Agreed, in hindsight it's kind of an unfair to compare BondWick with SnakeSam.
I'm not even gonna spoiler this one. Did anyone actually think this had chance to beat SnakeSam? Get outta here.
Nope but I naively thought it would beat it in at least in terms of research but ofc I was mistaken lol.

Black Adam is essentially a copy paste of Shazam in terms of moveset, the only two major differences that I can remember is Adam draws god energy from the Egyptian Pantheon rather than the Greek pantheon and Adam has more experience in using his powers but that's about it.

Apocalypse is one of those comic books characters that has a laundry list of powers and abilities but many of them he has only used once or twice, so yeah good luck trying to find consistency there.

I do agree it was wack giving bond videogame stuff but the DB standards for composites is so all over the place I've given up trying to comprehend it awhile ago.
See, move inconsistency is less bad than stat inconsistency. If you get beaten by significantly weaker stuff a lot, thats bad. But moves generally tend to just not be used often, and that itself doesn't prove that moves wouldn't exist for characters still.

See, move inconsistency is less bad than stat inconsistency. If you get beaten by significantly weaker stuff a lot, thats bad. But moves generally tend to just not be used often, and that itself doesn't prove that moves wouldn't exist for characters still.
I should mention some of those P&A, Equipment, Hax, etc vary greatly in terms of scope/potency from mind hax that only works on Street tiers to celestial armour that amps Apocalypse to Skyfather tier.

It depends on what DB considers to be standard moves Vs outside help/one off Hail-Mary amps. Ofc if Adam gets Spectre scaling of any form then the debate is already over.

Well that wasn’t worth the 1 week free trial. This is one of the first episodes that is actually carried by the analysis, it was long, in depth, and actually quite funny. The animation itself while nowhere near as bad as Blakasa or Shaokuma left much to be desired and is definitely worse than Fettdator. But despite all my gripes, I still think it’s better than the filler of Season 7 and the low points of Season 8. Just praying that the season picks up later down the line, as said before, it is the most consistent good season of the entire show now’s not the time for it to choke.

Well that wasn’t worth the 1 week free trial. This is one of the first episodes that is actually carried by the analysis, it was long, in depth, and actually quite funny. The animation itself while nowhere near as bad as Blakasa or Shaokuma left much to be desired and is definitely worse than Fettdator. But despite all my gripes, I still think it’s better than the filler of Season 7 and the low points of Season 8. Just praying that the season picks up later down the line, as said before, it is the most consistent good season of the entire show now’s not the time for it to choke.
Worse than Fettador? I don’t know about that one. I’d honestly place this like a point above Fettador. It’s not blowing it out of the water, but I’d pick BondWick for a rewatch over Fettador.

Might just be my bias for Wick though, I did binge his movies right before the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back