• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Silver trying to fight against the Keysword

FWGPi0lVEAArlPx

The fight was really good. I did not expect Apocalypse to win. Second time a Marvel vs DC episode had an opposite outcome to the general consensus this season lol

Xeno Trunks vs Archie Silver eh? Interesting

Though from Ultra's blogspots, it seems like this is more of a full on composite for both

Next MU was a very pleasant surprise, I'm actually a bit more interested in it than I was before. Fight was also good, felt a bit on the short side though? I'm glad they did more with it than just "flying bricks lol", I'd probably put it above Thorgeta (the background quality helps a lot).

Unrelated, but how do I get into the DB Discord? Can I just become a channel member at any time and get an invite?

Next MU was a very pleasant surprise, I'm actually a bit more interested in it than I was before. Fight was also good, felt a bit on the short side though? I'm glad they did more with it than just "flying bricks lol", I'd probably put it above Thorgeta (the background quality helps a lot).

Unrelated, but how do I get into the DB Discord? Can I just become a channel member at any time and get an invite?
they do weekly discord invites

not sure if they'll get mad if i share the link next time :whistle:, tho won't probably work for non-members

How is the finishing blow looking? Heard it is less satisfying than the DBX one - basically for the whole fight.

My god, this should be considered as a noble warriors' fight. The strongest vs the strongest.
Using Xeno Trunks to murder Game base Silver is a bigger disrespect.

Consider this as one big wish by many fulfilled.
Hey adam may have lost the death battle but he won the war.

(his movie will be better than apocalypse's)

AdamApoc was pretty decent honestly! Definitely no Reverse Flash v Goku Black but better than I expected, more abilities got tossed around and such. They definitely seem to have gotten their most ridiculous high end scaling possible, but honestly this verdict makes sense if they had the stats at about equal, due to Apocalypse's range of abilities. That kill was brutal and pretty humiliating, I kinda feel bad for any Black Adam fans, I know a lot of you were looking forward to your favorite DC character winning. Decent capeshit episode.

This next episode.... this is the big one for me. Heroes Trunk v Archie Silver is insane. I have extremely high hopes for this matchup, but honestly I'll probably walk into it far more critically than anybody else in this thread will. Archie Sonic is probably my favorite comic series ever, and Sonic is my favorite franchise ever, and frankly I'm pretty disappointed with Sonic's history on Death Battle as a show. I'm going to heavily analyze this episode as it has the potential to be my least favorite or my favorite episode this season depending on how they handle Silver and the general episode as a whole. Silver losing or winning wont really dictate it being a bad or good episode, just how they represent him and if their research is solid.

Now, I've noticed a lot of people immediately jumping on saying Silver is ****** but.... are people forgetting how ridiculous Archie Sonic characters are? I know DBH is insane and one of the strongest 2A's out there, but Archie is not something to roll over so easily. Frankly from my research, both of these characters are matched pretty closely, they both have reality manip, causality manip, higher dimensional manip, concept manip, space time manip, time manip (they can also all resist this) & time travel, BFR, dimensional travel, energy absorption, and are both multiversal+ and immeasurable and have a vertifiable laundry list of haxx on each end. This isn't a "Trunks sweep ggs" or a "Silver sweep ggs", there's a lot more going into this one.

Trunks definitely does have a leg up or two on Silver off of his probability manipulation, being able to alter the probabilities of his attacks landing or Silver's attacks not landing is a pretty big deal, and his Keysword being able to bypass Silver's durability and I assume his Super Form's invulnerability, as well as negate Silver's low godly regen and immortalities are definitely big boons in his favor, but those are his biggest advantages, and I wouldn't say they're complete and utter nails in Silver's coffin or anything.

Archie Silver can be argued to have a strength gap in entire levels of dimensionality (not sure if DB will buy this, but if they don't, they're 100% being around equal in AP), he also has all the same abilities netted by the Chaos Force Sonic has alongside the advantages his telekinetic abilities would net, alongside the range advantage. Those abilities allowed him to fight a Multiverse buster in base form, nevermind his super form. I wouldn't go counting Silver out of this fight, Super Form being "offscreen" or not. I'm pretty sure DB has netted characters much, much more questionable things in the past lol. Especially since the Suggested Media generally seems to be implying this MU to be more of a composite than anything else honestly.

Anyways, what I want out of this matchup, please god, just give me a single good Sonic episode on DB that I feel I can enjoy with no complaints, no little issues, just a good ******* fight with a decent analysis. This being a modern day DBS (presumably) sprite episode definitely makes me hopeful about the fight's quality. This could genuinely be a fight that could rival GB v RF in terms of fight animation & potential, and they could honestly reasonably have it have a much, much higher scale as well. Please just dont underutilize the potential of an Archie Sonic character like Sonic v Wally West did, and dont underutilize the crazy shit Heroes brings to the table either.

The Rock died....AGAIN!
Time to check out how many characters have been voiced or played by Dwayne Johnson...

Alright guys, what kill do you think was more violent, this or Homelander vs Omniman?
SPOILER_IMG_8128.gif
This is really overkill. Like: Omni-Man vs Homelander is more an execution, but Black Adam vs Apocalypse is more torturing.

Can somebody explain how does Trunks beat Archie Silver? I know keysword has alot shit but so does Silver in his super form (And yes, Silver did go super, offscreen tho, lmao)
Hmm? Archie Super is Tier 1 to Xeno Trunks' Tier 2. Unless they ignore Super form and or make Xeno outer, how does Trunks win?
He has the same speed and dura neg
First: Can that durability negation thing work on higher dimension beings?
Second: Is Archie Silver even considered a higher dimension being?
Third: How does Trunks' time travel works?

Last edited:
First: Can that durability negation thing work on higher dimension beings?
Second: Is Archie Silver even considered a higher dimension being?
Third: How does Trunks' time travel works?
From what I can gather:

1. Yes, it should, both Trunks and Silver can interact with/manipulate higher dimensional beings/powers, so the dura negation should work all the same.
2. Uhm, I don't think so, only Chaos Knuckles and maybe Titan Tails is I think. Archie Silver can affect things on a higher dimensional level with his Super Form and such, he has the regular Archie Sonic 2A-L1C AP and such, but he himself is not a higher dimensional being. He can affect higher dimensional beings/constructs tho.
3. Xeno Trunks seems to have a device on him that allows him to time travel at will, while Silver can just willingly do it.

Reason why Oscar Issac wins against Dwayne Johnson at this time by the crew

Question:

1. Given

• Shazam beat Carol Captain Marvel
  • Booster Gold beat Cable
  • Apocalypse beat Black Adam

But
  • Carol Captain Marvel is/was a rival to Iron Man
  • Iron Man defeated Phoenix Force
  • Apocalypse rivalled Cable and Jean Grey and other Phoenix Force users a couple of times
  • Billy Batson is basically the next Shazam after Black Adam

Does everyone think the above scaling chain makes sense?

2. Does anyone scale from Booster Gold and Zatanna?
(Okay we know Blue Beetle and John Constantine)
Which characters do you want to fight against Blue Beetle?
(Okay we know whom John is going to fight against)

Reason why Oscar Issac wins against Dwayne Johnson at this time by the crew

Question:

1. Given

• Shazam beat Carol Captain Marvel
  • Booster Gold beat Cable
  • Apocalypse beat Black Adam

Does everyone think the above scaling chain makes sense?

2. Does anyone scale from Booster Gold and Zatanna?
(Okay we know Blue Beetle and John Constantine)
Which characters do you want to fight against Blue Beetle?
(Okay we know whom John is going to fight against)
I think you'd better not look for any scale, actually DB Any Mu Past season 8 is probably outdated.

@Kirbonic_Pikmin
Does Archie Silver scale to Archie Sonic?
Yes, he scales to him, while probably not exactly as powerful as him, he's generally shown to be similarly powerful and can restrain an enraged Sonic with his psychokinetic abilities, and his telekinetic powers were able to reflect/contain/manipulate Enerjak's own attacks to use his own attacks against him (though Silver admitted himself he wasn't physically as powerful as him). He would have also had to fight alongside Sonic and Shadow in his super form to defeat their version of Solaris, which would have destroyed the entire Archie Cosmology if the games plot is anything to go by, meaning he should scale to him just fine.

So, uh, how will the analyses work? Will they incorporate some canon stuff what talking about their backstory and abilities?
If I had to guess, they'll mainly focus on the Archie and Heroes continuities, and will talk about Canon stuff to fill in for backstory/abilities, and also just in general, because some of the games' canon took place in the Archie Continuity, and iirc most of Z and the Z movies occurred in Heroes?

Spoilers for the next matchup but @Tipper17

You'll have to change your assessment of Silver v Trunks being a guaranteed DB dub to a 50/50 because its now Archie Silver v Heroes Trunks.
I kinda disagree. I’m not saying it’s a stomp or anything but considering that the stats are basically going to be even and trunks has the keysword. While yeah it’s not a stomp more times than not Trunks will likely just win because of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back