• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there are any MUs of DC/Marvel heralds vs any character that's not from DC/Marvel were the character that's not from DC/Marvel would win because of their haxes despite being outstatted.

I wonder if there are any MUs of DC/Marvel heralds vs any character that's not from DC/Marvel were the character that's not from DC/Marvel would win because of their haxes despite being outstatted.
There's plenty of characters that meet that criteria however:

1) Most of them are MUs that are beyond obscure plus it doesn't matter if a character hax stomps a Marvel/DC herald if the MU isn't thematic nor noteworthy.

2) DB doesn't overrated wank hax as much as VSBW does (overall), especially when it comes to passives and layers.

Reimu vs Yusuke.

Not only is Reimu absurdly above Yusuke in every category, the vast majority of her hax are just variations on "you can't touch me"; Multiversal spatial intangibility, passive probability/fatehax that make her untouchable, thought-based illusions (as well as conceptual manipulation and death hax), BFR, and paralysis inducement are just a few examples. Not to mention, she has instinctive reactions that allow her to fight while completely unconscious.

To sum it up, Yusuke cannot even touch Reimu, let alone harm her, while Reimu sits perfectly still and either thinks him out of existence or falls asleep and instinctively blows him to pieces. This is a problem with a lot of Reimu MUs, actually, although it's worse for Yusuke because he legitimately has 0 advantages. None whatsoever, not even experience (dude's a teenager while Reimu's in her early/mid-20s).
Tbh I could see someway to make it fun for a general fight animation but it does reek of ignoring a large chunk of Reimu Arsenal and doesn't help that Yusuke kinda a brick in comparison to her

Whats a Mu to you guys that feels like you have tried very hard to make it seem like the loser is comparable to the winner for a general fight animation?

we know stomps aren't new and doesn't stop a fight from being good but in a certain case what feels like you can't envision it even for the sakes of animation?
Sonic VS Sash Lilac, not only does he outstat and outhax her to oblivion, but also has far more experience as well, she's literally nothing he hasn't seen before, especially cause he already did everything she did and then a million some...yet for some reasons animations have Sonic bust out Super Sonic to finishe her off, he shouldn't even have to try. I'm planning to update and upgrade Lilac but even then she would be nowhere near him.

Honestly a lot of Sonic's fights that have him bust out Super Sonic when he doesn't need to count, I know it's for the spectacle...but really? Sonic doesn't need Super for a lot of those fights.

Seeing those Chara vs Sonic.exe renders reminded me. In fight animations with Chara, they can turn very predictable once the other character enters the dimension where Chara does her resetting and continues.
They end up finding how Chara resets after dying and then kill her in her dimension. Afterwards.

It occurs in nearly every animation that Chara loses. I hope one day an animator puts a spin on that cliche, as in, make Chara win when that happens rather than the opposite.

Sonic VS Sash Lilac, not only does he outstat and outhax her to oblivion, but also has far more experience as well, she's literally nothing he hasn't seen before, especially cause he already did everything she did and then a million some...yet for some reasons animations have Sonic bust out Super Sonic to finishe her off, he shouldn't even have to try. I'm planning to update and upgrade Lilac but even then she would be nowhere near him.

Honestly a lot of Sonic's fights that have him bust out Super Sonic when he doesn't need to count, I know it's for the spectacle...but really? Sonic doesn't need Super for a lot of those fights.
Yeah but hear me out, Super Sonic is cool. And it's cool to be flashy and unnecessary.

Rule of cool.

how strong is she anyways

After I upgrade her? High 8-C, maybe higher depending on some stuff and would gain Rage Power and Accelerated Development...nothing close to closing the gap.

mmmh why yes, of course a character from my favorite series is mentioned here

Well, if they're going just on feats alone, I'm pretty sure Rei takes the cake considering she was going to destroy an entire dimension rather casually, and even then, a fraction of her weakened power was being used to fuse two dimensions together.

Now hax? Magolor, no doubt; Rei's got decent stuff like her Creation of Goddess Clones and her portals, but Magolor is much more haxxed and is more likely to actually use his hax in a battle more than Rei

Soooo you tell me

Tbh I could see someway to make it fun for a general fight animation but it does reek of ignoring a large chunk of Reimu Arsenal and doesn't help that Yusuke kinda a brick in comparison to her
Yeah, for Reimu, if you wanna include all the unique things she has, you'd have to cover all of this:
-Spatial intangibility
-Passive probability/fatehax
-Summoning (which includes concept manipulation, illusion creation, metal manipulation, and death manipulation)
-Soul manipulation
-Conceptual manipulation
-Forcefields
-Power nullification
-Spatial manipulation
-Teleportation
-Duplication
-Perception manipulation
-Dimensional travel
-Exorcisms
-Portals/BFR
-Paralysis
-Enhanced senses/ESP
-Instinctive reaction
-Transmutation
-Astral projection

And probably some other shit I have written down in a google doc somewhere. It's just not feasible to pit her against someone whose techniques are "can punch good" and "can shoot energy blast".

Layered hax is something on here but I’m asking you guys if db believes in it too?

do they also believe in dimensional tiering?
Yeah, I think the logic of "this guy resisted some hax, but this guy's other hax are even stronger so they should work" is easy enough for casuals to digest. A > B > C isn't a difficult concept to explain, I would think.

DB does their own version of dimensional tiering that is completely separate from the way VSBW does it. It's the reason the CoT was treated as a higher dimension for DBH scaling, I assume.

Not even, at most it makes the main cast Sub-Rel with the got tiers being Rel+
Lightspeed Penny via Floating Array
tony-stark-rdj.gif

Yeah, for Reimu, if you wanna include all the unique things she has, you'd have to cover all of this:
-Spatial intangibility
-Summoning (which includes concept manipulation, illusion creation, metal manipulation, and death manipulation)
-Soul manipulation
-Conceptual manipulation
-Forcefields
-Power nullification
-Spatial manipulation
-Teleportation
-Duplication
-Perception manipulation
-Dimensional travel
-Exorcisms
-Portals/BFR
-Paralysis
-Enhanced senses/ESP
-Instinctive reaction
-Transmutation
-Astral projection
gonna apply all of this to shanghai-chan, thank you for your assistance

-Spatial intangibility
-Soul manipulation
-Conceptual manipulation
-Forcefields
-Power nullification
-Spatial manipulation
-Teleportation
-Duplication
-Perception manipulation
-Dimensional travel
-Exorcisms
-Portals/BFR
-Paralysis
-Enhanced senses/ESP
-Instinctive reaction
-Transmutation
-Astral projection

And probably some other shit I have written down in a google doc somewhere. It's just not feasible to pit her against someone whose techniques are "can punch good" and "can shoot energy blast".

Yeah, I think the logic of "this guy resisted some hax, but this guy's other hax are even stronger so they should work" is easy enough for casuals to digest. A > B > C isn't a difficult concept to explain, I would think.

DB does their own version of dimensional tiering that is completely separate from the way VSBW does it. It's the reason the CoT was treated as a higher dimension for DBH scaling, I assume.
CoT?

After I upgrade her? High 8-C, maybe higher depending on some stuff and would gain Rage Power and Accelerated Development...nothing close to closing the gap.
Spark vs Lilac is probably a lot more fair but even then I’m pretty sure Spark has some much higher tier shit. That laser at the end of Spark 1 could probably net a pretty crazy calc lol.

-Spatial intangibility
-Soul manipulation
-Conceptual manipulation
-Forcefields
-Power nullification
-Spatial manipulation
-Teleportation
-Duplication
-Perception manipulation
-Dimensional travel
-Exorcisms
-Portals/BFR
-Paralysis
-Enhanced senses/ESP
-Instinctive reaction
-Transmutation
-Astral projection

Yeah, I doubt they’ll do any crazy insane layering shit but I’m pretty sure a basic “this is more powerful than baseline” layering argument should fly just fine

how strong is she anyways

This is VS Battles Wiki and information is typically available.
Yeah, I doubt they’ll do any crazy insane layering shit but I’m pretty sure a basic “this is more powerful than baseline” layering argument should fly just fine
I feel that lowballing Reimu's haxes to the baseline is still too much for Yusuke.

For Marcy Wu's matchups, she murders Water Margin Wu Yong and Wu Cheng'en and Journey to the West Wu Cheng'en hard. Marcy Wu VS MCU Thanos is Thanso murdering Marcy Wu.

Since Valentine's is nearly closing, I thought I'd share a yandere MU....but from the digital world!

dfpdjo3-8dd6aac0-c78e-4332-b32a-7315075fe93f.gif

Monika VS .GIFFany (Doki Doki Literature Club VS Gravity Falls)

Connections:
Core:
High School girls from a romance dating visual novel simulator that are a self-aware sentient AI that are in love with the player (The Player and Soos, respectively) with obsessive yandere traits. Both have the power to delete someone and did so before (Monika deleted her club members and .GIFFany to her creators (though GIFfany's case is unclear) and try to offset their competition to be with their love interest.

Additional Details:
  • Both share similar clothing and appearences with bow on head, knee socks and pink-colored shoes. Both also have long hair. In fact, Monika heavily resembles early concept art of GIFfany.
  • Both break the 4th wall to interact with the player
  • Both attempt to escape into "reality" from their game
  • Both have references to cephalopods (Natsuki surprised Monika does not like squid given her name and Monika retorts that joke and name doesn't work well in translation, note that Ika means squid in Japanese, hence Monika, and .GIFFany's father being an octopus via textbox)
  • Both debuted on September 22

Contrast: Monika is more moral ambiguous with her actions, is more sane (in a way) and is alright with the player leaving her in the end. She wants to escape into the real world to be with the player and seems more limited in interacting within her game.
.GIFFany is much more insane and evil, cannot handle Soos (and any other player) leaving her and wants to bring the player into her game via mind transferring. She also can control electronics outside her game and can enter into other games.

Spark vs Lilac is probably a lot more fair but even then I’m pretty sure Spark has some much higher tier shit. That laser at the end of Spark 1 could probably net a pretty crazy calc lol.
He should scale to Spark 2 Super Spark explosion when he blew up the space station since he fought an upgraded form of Fark in the simulation for like...a million times.

And would also scale above the Freom form (also from Spark 2) that claimed he could vaporize a city.

IDK there's a lot to get through in Spark TEJ scaling, most of it leaves him stronger than Lilac by far.

Since Valentine's is nearly closing, I thought I'd share a yandere MU....but from the digital world!

dfpdjo3-8dd6aac0-c78e-4332-b32a-7315075fe93f.gif

Monika VS .GIFFany (Doki Doki Literature Club VS Gravity Falls)

Connections:
Core:
High School girls from a romance dating visual novel simulator that are a self-aware sentient AI that are in love with the player (The Player and Soos, respectively) with obsessive yandere traits. Both have the power to delete someone and did so before (Monika deleted her club members and .GIFFany to her creators (though GIFfany's case is unclear) and try to offset their competition to be with their love interest.

Additional Details:
  • Both share similar clothing and appearences with bow on head, knee socks and pink-colored shoes. Both also have long hair. In fact, Monika heavily resembles early concept art of GIFfany.
  • Both break the 4th wall to interact with the player
  • Both attempt to escape into "reality" from their game
  • Both have references to cephalopods (Natsuki surprised Monika does not like squid given her name and Monika retorts that joke and name doesn't work well in translation, note that Ika means squid in Japanese, hence Monika, and .GIFFany's father being an octopus via textbox)
  • Both debuted on September 22

Contrast: Monika is more moral ambiguous with her actions, is more sane (in a way) and is alright with the player leaving her in the end. She wants to escape into the real world to be with the player and seems more limited in interacting within her game.
.GIFFany is much more insane and evil, cannot handle Soos (and any other player) leaving her and wants to bring the player into her game via mind transferring. She also can control electronics outside her game and can enter into other games.
Monika should fight Miyuki

How would Monika vs Miyuki even work? As far as I know they don't even fight physically nor throw magic beams. They just hack reality in the least fight-scene-worthy ways possible.

Will they just throw hands? I am willing to see a Monika fight if she fights like a normal average human. It would be funny.

Even that might be moot as DB doesn’t believe in 1-C BB and apparently there’s some people saying Sinestro can just neg abunch of stuff for Terumi with Parallax
Rip literally every single BlazBlue character if that’s the case lol. No tier 1 BB means Rachel gets folded by Remi and Terumi gets gutted by Sinestro

How would Monika vs Miyuki even work? As far as I know they don't even fight physically nor throw magic beams. They just hack reality in the least fight-scene-worthy ways possible.

Will they just throw hands? I am willing to see a Monika fight if she fights like a normal average human. It would be funny.
This (Monika and Miyuki Sone hack reality) has to be tackled for any fight with Monika and Miyuki Sone. (IMO if this cannot be solved it would be Monika and Miyuki Sone or bust)

But given how DDLC is inspired by Totono, Monika vs Miyuki Sone theoretically works best and is the actual debate and rivalry.

Technically Miyuki Sone can whack with a baseball bat. She is quite athletic as a young girl and can do this before she officially uses the God smartphone.

I feel that lowballing Reimu's haxes to the baseline is still too much for Yusuke.

For Marcy Wu's matchups, she murders Water Margin Wu Yong and Wu Cheng'en and Journey to the West Wu Cheng'en hard. Marcy Wu VS MCU Thanos is Thanso murdering Marcy Wu.
Well Yusuke Urameshi has Yoh Asakura and Ichigo Kurosaki to deal with so he is quite safe from being pit by Reimu Hakurei.

Also Reimu Hakurei has Sailor Mars, Arle Nadja, Sakura Kinomoto and such.

Best chance at that happening is Terumi vs Sinestro if Terumi’s higher ends are bought.
Now this is a tricky question:
If Terumi wins against Sinestro by being 5D and by hax he still outhaxes and possibly AP stomps (at least not being outstatted) and does not fit your criteria.

Last edited:
Plus, the membership thing could be their way of future-proofing DB, like how moving RWBY to Crunchyroll was done to preserve that show's future.
I can't blame them, to be honest. Though it doesn't help their case when RWBY is arguably one of RT's few sources of income, outside Death Battle, and make Volume 9 a Crunchyroll for a year while ignoring people being pissed at not putting it on their First subscription

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back