• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (8) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I hope they did not used the Yusuke and Hiei mirror stuff from the first arc and Sensui english dub only statements that S class demons are as strong as pantheon gods.

How's the hell they got FTL hiei isn't what I'm wondering? There isn't that much feats that u can wank YYH to Ben FTL there's best speed feats come out as MHS

Honestly it's in-line with Strunt's other calcs. He previously calced Erza's anime meteor feat and got 130 teratons.

This is the next Dante vs Bayo for me. It's wrong as balls with a sketchy as all hell calc, but I don't care cause the animation was great and the superior character won

We also probably shouldn't blame this on Ben, but the one who calc and the ones who accepted the calc and not just one alone. I'd rather not use the bias argument here.

I'm not judging his tastes. I like the guy after all. Nobody in the team I have any gripes with. Also I like Hiei better, as you know. Similar to Gaara vs Toph, this is one where the character I was rooting for won even though they should've by all accounts lost.

What's weird is that the entire research team, including guys like Swan and Ultra would have had to look at that calc and said it's legit in order for Hiei to have won. Strunt did release his notes and calls for Aang vs Ed after that fight came out so he might do the same here. We'll see what's actually going on with that cloud dispersion lol.

Kingo the Sixth said:
Planet level YYH and PR are both equally wrong lol.
Must have imagined Rita causing a solar eclipse, this (I can explain further context if needed), and the many monsters stated to be able to destroy the planet (which is the same logic they just used for YYH)

Must have imagined Rita causing a solar eclipse, this (I can explain further context if needed), and the many monsters stated to be able to destroy the planet (which is the same logic they just used for YYH)

Rita's solar eclipse feat is unclear, we don't know whether she actually did just move the moon. Assuming so would place it FAR above anything else in the classic era, and would contradict things like Zedd needing a macguffin to change the earth's rotation, or anything to do with Serpentera. Those second and third clips are whack, the first is just a hypothetical showing what could potentially happen over time, and both it and the last point are standard "I'll destroy the world" villain bragging. It's why I said it's as valid as planet-level YYH, which is to say it's not lol.

I feel like I've gotten myself into another debate here.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
We also probably shouldn't blame this on Ben, but the one who calc and the ones who accepted the calc and not just one alone. I'd rather not use the bias argument here.
I have the same stance as Cal, I love the entire team. I just believe they hate Naruto as a verse as it's the only verse they've repeatedly ****** over hard.

Now this is simply me putting on a tinfoil fedora, but I do find it mighty suspect that these guys made this apparent anime only calc that just so happen to make Hiei go from being stomped to him having the AP advatage and for it to be calced a Planet level when another reliable calcer calced it as only Continent level+

Also, can I get a link to the calc please?

People tried, but the emotions... they boiled inside, the shells gave away and everything just... bursted out... >_>;

I personally give the benefit of doubt to DB on most cases. I mean, I use the wiki's standards as a base and reference to give myself an idea for matches, but I am fully aware other sources have different views on the same characters and all (not to mention I am not that well versed in most verses to argue other outcomes besides contrasting different sources). But I am still surprised by situations like this one.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Now this is simply me putting on a tinfoil fedora, but I do find it mighty suspect that these guys made this apparent anime only calc that just so happen to make Hiei go from being stomped to him having the AP advatage and for it to be calced a Planet level when another reliable calcer calced it as only Continent level+
Also, can I get a link to the calc please?

That's from the anime version of the Yusuke vs Yomi fight, it's a different continuity from the manga and they are not completely the same between eachother because for example Shigure is alive in the manga but killed himself in the anime [also there is the Yusuke and Sensui lightning racing stuff]. Yomi and the other final arc characters have their anime abilities because they are basically featless in the manga.

Back