• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I hope Death Battle is willing to shown other ES characters
Elder Scrolls (and Dark Souls) look well perceived by the Death Battle audience. We shall see more ES and DS characters in Death Battle.

Solaire vs Sigurd, Sif vs Zacian, Alduin vs Deathwing/Smaug/Malefor/Grima etc. Just to name a few

Discord went out quick and painless, saved his home, trapped Bill, and got the last laugh.

Compare this to Black Adam who went out incredibly painful, saw his entire home destroyed, was humiliated by Apocalypse, looked silly with his face squashed, and was threw away like trash.

They treated Discord with the utmost respect and care. Even throwing in that he'll come back as the death is only temporary.

The DB team gave the MLP fanbase so much cope. No one else in the Deathbattle has this much special treatment over a loss.
Discord also went out mocking bill, so there was no disrespect, the only people being disrespectful are the salty people

Elder Scrolls (and Dark Souls) look well perceived by the Death Battle audience. We shall see more ES and DS characters in Death Battle.

Solaire vs Sigurd, Sif vs Zacian, Alduin vs Deathwing/Smaug/Malefor/Grima etc. Just to name a few
Be cool to see the Nerevarine and Daggerfall dude

If Galactus vs Unicron gets in that tournament ballot it's easily stomping everything else lol
Folks better hope it's happening this year or next cause nothing beating it if it on a fan poll

Galactus vs Unicron one of those Mus that should've been happened already.

Honestly, I hope that one happens soon since it'll make any following ballots more unpredictable. Its one of the remaining ultra UNGA popular MUs

Screenshot_20230911-114816_CapCut.jpg

Sakura Haruno vs Grog Strongjaw (Naruto vs Critical Role)
This is probably the third time I had a dream of a death battle occuring that I never thought of. But the 3rd DB idea involving Critical Role after Scanlan Shorthalt vs Mineta and Pike Trickfoot vs Alexander Anderson

AFAIK Bill Cipher vs Discord is at least 5 years overdue, while Cole MacGrath vs Alex Mercer is at least 10 years overdue.
Yup.

Cole vs Alex is legacy match up to a T. I still remember 10 years ago where Comicvine had an 11 page debate on the match up. Seriously one of the most requested back in the day.

Wonder why it's being done now.

The nuclear war starts now

And another nuclear war is next.

One "Halloween themed" music work came early.

And one "mid-autumn themed" music work is coming soon.

Ok time to splurge out last bit of negativity.

I actually hate how a lot of tinfoil hats happened here. I completely ignored the fact that Discord was given way better preview, a death sentence. Not to mention him winning in preview and even the ending song hinting beginning. Why the **** do you think, DB Team, that we do tinfoils? Because you do them. Hell, while watching and I saw Discord eating Bill as Dorito early and Discord becoming ghost after midpoint, I knew he was ******. Predictabloo

The fact that they kinda said Discord will eventually return from soul destruction is kinda odd because... he can time travel. Nothing stopping him coming back to fight. But I guess that means jack n shit cause Bill is infinitely stronger via Ds.

God dammit they also did the WallySonic thing. They **** all talked about the dimensional shit to justify Bill being stronger in the actual ep, even said they are close but then added the text that Bill is stronger and black boxed it. "But we cant explain dimensional stuff to casuals" yaaargh if you cant explain the reason to casuals, maybe the reason just sucks ass? Explain dimensional shit already geez. Its not like most casuals already diss DB. Some might not consider analysis to ep's actual quality, but since you do insist to do research, I will count them. So please explain the real verdicts to people and not just some super nerds.

Worst of all, this is best ep of the season easy. Hell, considering last few years, this is easily most passion they have putten in a looong while and dare I say unironic 10/10 contender, at least it'd prolly be if I had to give one for one MU between modern seasons. But verdict bad, so 9 it is. I hate heartless 9/10 episodes. I haaaate them.

Time to move on from this huh, thanks for the tipping point DB.

Ok time to splurge out last bit of negativity.

I actually hate how a lot of tinfoil hats happened here. I completely ignored the fact that Discord was given way better preview, a death sentence. Not to mention him winning in preview and even the ending song hinting beginning. Why the ***** do you think, DB Team, that we do tinfoils? Because you do them. Hell, while watching and I saw Discord eating Bill as Dorito early and Discord becoming ghost after midpoint, I knew he was *****. Predictabloo

The fact that they kinda said Discord will eventually return from soul destruction is kinda odd because... he can time travel. Nothing stopping him coming back to fight. But I guess that means jack n shit cause Bill is infinitely stronger via Ds.

God dammit they also did the WallySonic thing. They ***** all talked about the dimensional shit to justify Bill being stronger in the actual ep, even said they are close but then added the text that Bill is stronger and black boxed it. "But we cant explain dimensional stuff to casuals" yaaargh if you cant explain the reason to casuals, maybe the reason just sucks ass? Explain dimensional shit already geez. Its not like most casuals already diss DB. Some might not consider analysis to ep's actual quality, but since you do insist to do research, I will count them. So please explain the real verdicts to people and not just some super nerds.

Worst of all, this is best ep of the season easy. Hell, considering last few years, this is easily most passion they have putten in a looong while and dare I say unironic 10/10 contender, at least it'd prolly be if I had to give one for one MU between modern seasons. But verdict bad, so 9 it is. I hate heartless 9/10 episodes. I haaaate them.

Time to move on from this huh, thanks for the tipping point DB.
It sucks when the episode is 19/10 then 10 marks deducted for really shaky verdict

As I thought, this one should be incorrect by Death Battle's own logic.

If you put them on equal footing, then Discord ends up becoming "Unbeatable" as they said in the black box, due to his chaos embodiment. None of Bill's soul destroying attacks would even hurt him. Chaos makes him way ******* stronger.

Bill also lacks any resistance to Discord simply transmuting his attacks into nonsense. So on top of being too powerful to kill, Bill would never hurt him.

As I recall, Spike is the one who got Bill Cipher to battle conditions.

Discord with 4th wall and plot knowledge would know this (as well as the ending of the fight) and could just go back in time to stop Spike from even making a deal with Bill in the first place.

Unlike Discord, Bill has never demonstrated much Time Travel or Manipulation and lacks time resistance and acausality so this would be one of the fights that could actually end that way.

There's also the speed equalization which makes no sense and feels like a straight cop-out to give Bill a victory. Having time manipulation doesn't just make you immeasurable speed or anything like that, especially without demonstrations.

Discord is far faster while casual and would only get faster.

For a Discord victory in animation...

I think it would've been amazing if, after the KO screen happened, we cut back to Equestria and see Discord reformed, still laughing, before just annihilating Bill's realm entirely. Then there's an ACTUAL KO.

Would've been an excellent 4th wally subversion and made more sense, without even changing much of the animation.

And another nuclear war is next.

Honestly the fandoms for both bases are too small for shit to start.

As I thought, this one should be incorrect by Death Battle's own logic...
Yeah Immeasurable for having Spacetime manipulation is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. I think the Spike thing is just a fun detail, it'd be somewhat unfair to use it as a wincon since it's an outside factor. Death Battle's logic was that since they both have transmutation magic, it'd cancel each other out. They also might've given Bill a resistance to Discord's time manip stuff too, somehow>>

Also DB said outright that Discord's regeneration was, in their eyes, non combat applicable.

So I saw the fight and I must say....Discord went out like a champ and the fun part is that that even though Bill won the battle, he lost the war.

Also DB said outright that Discord's regeneration was, in their eyes, non combat applicable.
I don't really get why it wouldn't be, like sure it'd take him a while to remanifest but he can time travel. He'd just pop back to the point when he died.

They said Bill's arguments for 5D (it was shown in the episode they were making fun of the 11D scaling by saying 11 deez nuts) were more reliable than mlp being 5D. At least that's what I interpreted.

Back