• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
What Kirb said.

Yall are so ******* detached from reality that a mainline Nintendo franchise that has sold millions of copies and is something I see talked about constantly is considered """obscure"""", and yet I log in here every day and see yall promoting shit that's infinitely more obscure. If yall want your favorite anime or light novel or whatever to even have a shot at making it on DB, maybe don't bitch and whine whenever a decently series that isn't straight up billion dollar blockbuster material is picked.
Funny thing is, Fire Emblem Heroes has made over a Billion dollars since release

The ep could bomb views wise, Guts is popular but probably not quite enough to solo carry an ep

Really depends on how much FE fans care, they have the audience to make it perform well but how much do FE fans care about vs debating is the question.

Personally don't think they'll give much of a shit, I've seen a few FE fans in some groups I'm in talk a bit about it but that's it.

Maybe if Dimitri had boobs that'd draw them in. (jk jk)

Tbh, most FE fans I’ve come across aren’t really into powerscaling. Most casuals just think everyone is normal human, maybe peak human at most, since they don’t seem to pay too much attention to the feats in the games

Gonna unfollow this thread if it's gonna be 2 weeks of "JEAN VS RAVEN WAS WRONG AND BAD" and "GUTS VS DIMITRI IS A BAD MU THAT WILL UNDERPERFORM". Yall need to learn how to not give a shit.
Oh please, the only one who's even bitching about Jean vs Raven is.....me I think.

Moving past that though, I'm actually happy Fire Emblem is finally getting an MU. I'd have preferred Aragorn vs Marth, but this works too.

My thoughts on Phoenix VS Raven!:
4f6.png

Nice to see Guts return. Wonder how he'll fare this time?

I'd probably rate Jason vs Michael and Boba vs Predator as a 2

Unrelated but I noticed that y'all give 7 out of 10 to mid episodes rather than 5 out of 10s
6s or 4s
Are y'all anime fans by any chance? They rank episodes the same way
Honestly its the modern review scaling being ******. 1-4 are almost the same really. I really dont care for difference between 2 or 3, that ***** bad either way.

0 to 6 scale would probably be less awkward but no one else uses that so ehh.

I have high hopes for Guts vs Fire Emblem dude.
I don't think it will underperform. It will probably get 1.5 million views first week because of Guts.
That being said I remember someone in this thread saying Death Battle gets most of their money from things that aren't the Death Battle YouTube episodes. I wonder if that's true?
EIther way I'm sure it will get more views than Killua vs Misaka.
Speaking of Guts vs. Dimitri, what are some highlights any of you wanna see for their fight?
It seems that both characters don't have a lot of abilities. Guts seems to just shoot arrows, use sword and turn Berserker. Dimitri seems to just be a guy with a polearm.

So I just hope the battle focuses on having a nice atmosphere that's dark, gritty, edgy and cool as hell. It should focus a lot on the giga sword and polearm fight choreography. Have it be nice and interesting. Like martial art movies but for giant weapons.

Maybe have good dialogue too. I won't understand shit because I refuse to read Berserk and I refuse go acknowledge that Fire Emblem exists. But good dialogue would be nice to see.

Have it be a serious manly edgy fight animation with no jokes please.

2 burgers with cheese, one with pickles, the other without them and 2 medium sized coca-cola drinks please. Thank you.

Rewind Rumble dropped a banger several days ago. It's way better than Raven vs Phoenix. Have I clarified that Raven vs Phoenix is the worst thing un the world yet or should I clarify it further? :v
It has a good animation, choreography and dialogue. I like it. It seems go be made by people who like both characters which is nice to see.

Something I found kind of weird is that the mental resistance scaling they use with Superman implies that the HIVE Queen is multiversal, at least when it comes to mind hax. They say he can resist mental control from "dudes who can destroy the multiverse" and show a scan of Superman talking about Parallax and then scale Raven to that by saying that she resisted mind hax from the HIVE Queen who managed to mind control Superman.

Back