• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Could Bill or Discord survive a Hakai according to Death Battle’s own logic as well as this site’s?
I’m pretty sure neither would ever be in a position to be Hakai’d to begin with but Discord probably could since he has conceptual immortality, Hakai can’t destroy concepts as far as I know. Hakai destroys the soul though so I don’t think Bill could survive it.

Could Bill or Discord survive a Hakai according to Death Battle’s own logic as well as this site’s?
By DB stats: Bill couldn’t since they said Bill could be killed by complete spiritual destruction. Idk about Discord, they said he wouldn’t be able to return quickly enough to resume a fight but it’s not like Hakai can affect concepts, so he might not be perma-dead.

By VSBW stats: Discord can since Hakai can’t destroy concepts, Bill can’t.

Billcord is no flop. but it's a kicker that they poured so much effort into it and they could've done another Marvel vs DC and it would have performed about the same. Also, RIP to those who thought Billcord would be the best performing episode of the season, which includes me. I was begging back in June for this episode to happen sooner for dem views and WELP. :cry:

Gonna need to bring back Omni-Man, Hulk, or Saitama again.

So we're basically never getting Liu Kang vs Jago now, right? Finally knowing exactly how strong Liu Kang is post MK11 really shut down any argument that the matchup could've had.

How strong?
His fight against Shang Tsung in MK11's DLC ripped time apart, resulting in their singular timeline being split into potentially infinite amounts (though we only know of 6). Liu Kang gave up the power he had during that fight before the game began but he regains it in the final chapter. Liu Kang also claims that his power as a Titan made him more powerful than all of the Elder Gods combined.

Tbh, this entire season has had much lower views. BillDiscord reaching 1 mil now is decently fast for this season.
That
1. The 5-month hiatus have a way worse and way more long lasting effect than the crew have thought.
2. The crew are happy enough they are more reliant on sponsors than on clicks. (2 or even 3 sponsors vs 1 sponsor)

So we're basically never getting Liu Kang vs Jago now, right? Finally knowing exactly how strong Liu Kang is post MK11 really shut down any argument that the matchup could've had.
Not in a debating point of perspective.
Still, it is just a legacy matchup. Not like it is worse than Master Chief vs Doom Slayer or Master Chief vs Samus Aran.
(While Master Chief vs Doom Slayer is still visible among the dedicated, Samus Aran has been offered other options like Mega Man X or Nova Terra (StarCraft).)

Made a TN for Patchouli vs Twilight, I used to dislike this MU but honestly, after seeing how well DB represented mlp recently I wouldn't mind this MU at all, the tonal clash here isn't even a big problem like in Twilight's other MUs (Yusei Fudo, Geo Stelar, Ness... Gohan...) and honestly the fight and dialogue could go pretty hard
sparkling_knowledge.png

Oh, and also connections for anyone curious:
  • Both are purple-haired smart characters from popular, fantasy media franchises with a feminine-oriented demographic.
  • Both live in a fantastical world, occupied by magic and magical races (Gensokyo and Equestria).
  • Both take care of and are associated with specific libraries (Scarlet Devil Mansion Library and Golden Oak Library).
  • Both share their residence with the more brash, outgoing assistants (Koakuma and Spike).
  • Both of them are members of specific supernatural races (Magician Youkais and Unicorns) who have the ability to perform... Magic, Duh.
  • Speaking of which, both are pretty good at it, using some of the most powerful types of magic there are (Patchouli being able to use the sun and moon magic and Twilight using the magic of friendship).
  • Both of them also became buddies with some of the people they fought before (Patchouli assisted Marisa in Subterranean Animism, even though Marisa stole her books and beat her before and Twilight probably doesn't need an explanation).
  • Both are very good friends with people of important status in their world (Remilia Scarlet and Princess Celestia) who have some weird relationships with their sisters (Flandre and Luna) and Remilia wanted to eclipse the sun, while Celestia controls the sun.
  • Both of them also have personalities that contrast: Patchouli is pretty introverted and lonely, while Twilight used to be just like that but after years of learning lessons her whole thing is having alot of friends and learning the magic of friendship.

Last edited:
Made a TN for Patchouli vs Twilight, I used to dislike this MU but honestly, after seeing how well DB represented mlp recently I wouldn't mind this MU at all, the tonal clash here isn't even a big problem like in Twilight's other MUs (Yusei Fudo, Geo Stelar, Ness... Gohan...) and honestly the fight and dialogue could go pretty hard
sparkling_knowledge.png
  • Both are purple-haired smart characters from popular, fantasy media franchises with a feminine-oriented demographic.
  • Both live in a fantastical world, occupied by magic and magical races (Gensokyo and Equestria).
  • Both take care of and are associated with specific libraries (Scarlet Devil Mansion Library and Golden Oak Library).
  • Both share their residence with the more brash, outgoing assistants (Koakuma and Spike).
  • Both of them are members of specific supernatural races (Magician Youkais and Unicorns) who have the ability to perform... Magic, Duh.
  • Speaking of which, both are pretty good at it, using some of the most powerful types of magic there are (Patchouli being able to use the sun and moon magic and Twilight using the magic of friendship).
  • Both of them also became buddies with some of the people they fought before (Patchouli assisted Marisa in Subterranean Animism, even though Marisa stole her books and beat her before and Twilight probably doesn't need an explanation).
  • Both are very good friends with people of important status in their world (Remilia Scarlet and Princess Celestia) who have some weird relationships with their sisters (Flandre and Luna) and Remilia wanted to eclipse the sun, while Celestia controls the sun.
  • Both of them also have personalities that contrast: Patchouli is pretty introverted and lonely, while Twilight used to be just like that but after years of learning lessons her whole thing is having alot of friends and learning the magic of friendship.
I like it. I will shill it.

sparkling_knowledge.png

I have seen the meme in Touhou community and MLP community before, and it is finally brought up. And I actually created the versus thread for them before MLP upgrade and Touhou upgrade. Therefore, I'll request for closing that thread.

In term of the accuracy of verdict of Discord VS Bill, the fight animation, without verdict-based plot, is not bad.
It seems that Liu Kang and Jago upgrades themselves like Saiyans.
Do normies really hate new and different series represented that much, they don't even get curious about said series?
I don't know, but the reason why I start to know Death Battle is that it (or the versus community) could introduce new verses to me.

sparkling_knowledge.png

You cooking good shit, salute on you

Never stopped stops before, like omniman vs homelander or flash vs quicksilver or really about all S8 matches

As for whether casuals want to see new verses? Its complicated.

A new verse doesnt mean niche verse in itself. Ofc as DB is soon 13 years old, a lot of big verses have already been featured. It then depends on whether the current audience of DB likes certain new verses. But that might be problem itself too. As DB is old, it has burned a lot of bridges with audience. Be it Goku L, Gaara L, Tifa L, Ben L, a lot of people might have written DB off. Being old sort of also matches issue of whats relative surrounding it. Would DP vs DS reach 40 mil + if it was released last years and and then in 7+ years? Hard to say.

I dont think new verse itself is a bad thing even for current audience. With that said, some hardcore requests are prolly not a good idea, sorry not sorry.

Tbf some matches could have been done sooner or when they had a season for were they fitted, let alone some are done too late when the series of the characters had nothing new recently about it going

One of my most wanted matchups
Definitely top 5
Stronger connections and animation potential than both Ichigo vs Yusuke or Yusuke vs Yoh
a880ed9a5f91ab34e1d52a5ec3d3ac5a.webp

Unfortunetely, Shaman King is niche series and Ichigo vs Yusuke is way more profitable and requested matchup

I have seen the meme in Touhou community and MLP community before, and it is finally brought up. And I actually created the versus thread for them before MLP upgrade and Touhou upgrade. Therefore, I'll request for closing that thread.

In term of the accuracy of verdict of Discord VS Bill, the fight animation, without verdict-based plot, is not bad.

It seems that Liu Kang and Jago upgrades themselves like Saiyans.

I don't know, but the reason why I start to know Death Battle is that it (or the versus community) could introduce new verses to me.
I don't see a point in waiting for verses to be upgraded to do matchups. That usually takes a long time.

sparkling_knowledge.png

Nice.

Is Mysterio vs Scarecrow only street level marvel vs dc matchup that is close?
How is I-Scream vs Condiment King (that atypical physiology of the Marvel goofy villain should screw the normal human over really hard)
Or Kingpin vs Penguin

One of my most wanted matchups
Definitely top 5
Stronger connections and animation potential than both Ichigo vs Yusuke or Yusuke vs Yoh
a880ed9a5f91ab34e1d52a5ec3d3ac5a.webp

Unfortunetely, Shaman King is niche series and Ichigo vs Yusuke is way more profitable and requested matchup
Shaman King was popular.

Bad thing Death Battle could not reap when it is ripe.

Also, the ... performance of Killua Zoldyck vs Mikoto Misaka really held off a lot of HXH matchups from happening. Good thing it means no Yusuke Urameshi vs Reimu Hakurei.

sparkling_knowledge.png

Is it a Twily W?

Back