• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You know after seeing the meltdown you guys had over Billcord and this, I'm gonna just stop posting things here.
Well just post whatever you wish. No pressure.

After all public figures are more prone to comments and sharp comments and personal attacks - despite they monsters are also people despite all the evil.

Get on with your work. We (at least I) appreciate every very improvement from you and your colleagues.

Maybe composite Rain with very lenient scaling from Raiden and Liu Kang and some very notable speed boost would help.

Does it actually take a Low 1-C ~ 1-A (or a 8-C with High 6-A powers) to take down a 10-A with a 6-C stand? Though I would not be surprised such 10-A can low to mid diff a 6-C .
Given how they did Shao Kahn in Akuma versus Shao this is likely going to happen

Already seeing blatant tier 2 stuff from the MK1's Invasions mode so imagine Tier 2 Rain :ROFLMAO:

Cole vs Alex is currently at 496K views while at #3 on trending

my-image.png

Hunterzillas reaction to Cole's win

THE STREAK'S OVER BOI'S! We got the W! Just for this occasion, I want to give my full thoughts on the episode and the next time.

I'm a psychic. I had an idea about Wiz and Boomstick searching through scripts to see what episode to do after Bill vs Discord, and then one of them finds the old Cole vs Alex script that they forgot to do.

- Alright review time -

Intro Analysis: Oof. Yeah I see why there's division with regards to the episodes quality. On the one hand, I can understand what they were going for. Imitating early DB episodes to show how overdue Cole vs Alex was? Makes sense. Totally should've worked. Unfortunately, the execution left a lot to be desired. I'll state the good parts first though. "Like Shadow the Hedgehog" and Wiz's evil clone were funny enough, but I really liked the wrap up on both analyses. I dare say Boomstick's retort of Alex arguably being more human than ever before was pretty clever.

That's about it for the good. Onto the bad, which unfortunately was just about everything else.

These jokes bombed. Hard. Shadow the Hedgehog was at least somewhat tangential to Cole and Alex given their edgy 2000's nature, but the Spider-Man jokes were nothingburgers. That fart joke was actually painful, and so was Boomstick's evil side was cringey. "Well that just happened" is the worst way to undercut a joke. Last but not least, they really shot themselves in the foot as soon as they joked about finding the script in the trash. I don't think it was down out of malice, merely miscalculation. In trying to joke about how bad their scripts used to be, they made Cole, Alex, and the MU itself a joke. They tried to make fun of themselves, but it was at the episodes expense.

FIGHT: Holy **** was this good. This was everything I could've hoped for and more. The animator was not lying when they said they loved these franchises, because the passion shows. First, I love me a good hero vs villain battle, and this episode delivers. Cole and Alex's banter is suitably angsty, with Alex playing up the edge deliciously. They don't have too much to say to each other, but what they do is enough.

The battle itself is dynamic and captures the sandbox nature of their games. Cole and Alex display a surprisingly diverse set of abilities and techniques that helps to keep the choreography from ever going stale, and leads to some hype moments, with Cole's Amp swing and Alex using the semi to launch a surprise attack being my two particular favorites. But even when the camera is still, the cinematography shines through. There are some spectacular stills that would be perfect wallpaper material.

All-in-all, this is probably the best fight this season, at least in terms of actual choreography.

Trying to find a happy medium between a less than stellar analysis and a top 5 contender fight is hard, but ultimately the fight is more than enough for me to make this an 8/10, with the battle itself being a 9/10.

So yeah, I'm pretty happy, all things considered.

NEXT TIME: @Tipper17, it's time.

80fkav.jpg

Now all we gotta do is convince them on Hit vs Sakuya.

The rundowns weren't bad, they managed to cover the stories and the abilites well. Of course they could have done better including more stuff, but I've got no complaints about those.
The result is right to me, even though the justifications were a little off track.
Using Cole's matter-to-energy conversion isn't outright wrong, but it's still weird considering the rest of the feats he and his enemies perform.
Cole's abilities could overall let him resist the blacklight, at least long enough to fight back any immediate attempt of corruption and absorption and then heal.
The Supreme Hunter never really survived the atomic bomb, and even Alex got turned into mush by a much smaller part of the explosion, so the two scaling to that isn't exactly correct.
I'm not really sure that draining Alex's bio-electricity would really kill him, but his lightnings can do worse so that doesn't really matter. Alex being 66% SoL through memory absorption sounds a little bullshit to me, since it should be more a willpower or info processing feat, that shouldn't automatically scale to perceptions imho.
Alex being deemed more skilled because of the people he ate also doesn't sound correct, since he lacks overall experience against capable supermutants, having fought mostly feral monsters. On the other hand, Cole ha fought both monsters and a higher number of people who knew how to utiliz their abilities, which were also more diverse.
Overall not bad or wrong, just a a little off.

Ngl, this bit reminds me of my Guts/Dimitri article, where I had to clarify Dimitri's healing abilities:

DimitrisAndConcoctions.png

But why put them in the episode at all?

What relation does he have to the topic being discussed besides being an edgy character?

Honestly comparing them to Shadow seems like more shade thrown at both series since it's kinda widely accepted that Shadow is and edgelord
Did you guys miss the part where Boomstick was complaining about the script and the multiple times they were playing it off as a script from 2013 that got thrown away? It's supposed to be bad.

Did you guys miss the part where Boomstick was complaining about the script and the multiple times they were playing it off as a script from 2013 that got thrown away? It's supposed to be bad.
I figured that was intentional to get in tjat feeling, but for modern viewers i dont know of they will like that much even so

Tbh worst part of analysis was saying they werent relevant anymore. They really didnt need to say that.
The tastes of the Death Battle research team can sometimes be so low even the general principle that they should not be personally harassed is challenged.

Now: Pray hard the fight of Frieza vs Megatron actually looks good. Whether Ultraman Zero can fight Son Gohan (or basically any david vs goliath matchup CNA happen in the future) depends on it.

honestly wondering if the crew just bout done dealing with this community
FriezaMegatron will absolutely look good graphics and effects wise, we need to pray that fight itself is not below average 7 and that itd be better than good 8.
i hope its a banger cause the last thing i need is the haters to go SEE SEE I TOLD YOU IT WAS A BAD IDEA

Huh, Infinite Multi. Danny vs Ben almost viable now lol

Also looks like Tier 1 Kratos is being cooked up :V

💀

You know after seeing the meltdown you guys had over Billcord and this, I'm gonna just stop posting things here.
Dude with all genuine respect, I've never said anything about Billcord. Don't paint with a broad brush to dismiss criticism. Just because I have an issue with that doesn't mean I hate everything else, that's not fair. I don't heavily agree with one piece of scaling used, that doesn't automatically mean I don't super respect what you do.

Doesn't Ben still have Tier 1 Alien X and some busted aliens like Clockwork?

" The script is bad because It's supposed to be bad!! It's from 2013, so it's le bad!"

OK? So it's bad then? Also their scripts to their much older episodes like Chuck vs Segata and Terminator vs Robocop were much better and still hold up and those were only a bit later than 2013. He-Man vs Lion-O, Shao Kahn vs M. Bison, Fox vs Bucky, and Ryu vs Strider all had good/acceptable scripts as well and those are all from 2013. Now of course that's putting aside the VS logic and math, I'm talking about presentation and character analysis.

The jokes were not funny and the constant references to Spider-Man and such became old very fast.

Cole MacGrath vs Alex Mercer (Infamous VS Prototype) | DEATH BATTLE!
472,976 views Premiered 12 hours ago

Hmm...
Cole MacGrath vs Alex Mercer (Infamous VS Prototype) | DEATH BATTLE!
588,464 views Premiered 22 hours ago

Back