• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death vs Cosmic Armour Superman

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I can recall, ThoughtBot is canonically below the Endless to the point that it's not funny. And Death is one of the strongest ones.

Rune Katashima said:
Uh, any reason why you didn't state which Death? Only like, idk, thousands of incarnations across all of fiction.
It is in the topics.

I vote for cosmic superman.

While death is destined to end it all, cosmic superman is destined to overcome any problem he encounters. Via reality warping, Higher-Dimensional Manipulation, plot manipulation or sheer power.

He is the ultimate plot devise!

Meaning he will defeat death no matter how unlikely it is.

It's good that DC (the supreme god) killed him off because everything in their comics would be incredibly boring if Cosmic Superman is still around.

That's a No Limits Fallacy, though. Death is transcendent to the Monitor Sphere, and should logically be impervious to the effects of the ability of being a self-assembling hyper-story beyond the standard story of DC. All of his main abilities should do nothing to dead.

I don't see how that limits literal plot manipulation.

You see nothing stops a writer, such as me, to write a literal plot devise, such as Thought Robot, into beating DC's Death in a VS. (Only death of course but joke aside.. :D)

It's after all the whole gimmick behind Thought Robot, only that he was used in a different manner before.

Raffney said:
Why should a plot devise do nothing to death if the plot is a VS between the two?
It was shown on the map of the multiverse that the Monitor Sphere is inside Destiny's book.When Creation ends Death will claim that book.

The whole Monitor Sphere >>>> Cosmic Armour Superman. A shadow of Destiny's Book is capable of destroying all of creation, presumably even the Monitor Sphere. This is a huge stomp.

Soo plot manipulation effectivly becomes unusable once somebody is in almost all other aspects immeasurable above a certain power level.

In other words, the writer first has to make it more tasteful for the reader to get use out of it, i see..

Raffney said:
While death is destined to end it all, cosmic superman is destined to overcome any problem he encounters. Via reality warping, Higher-Dimensional Manipulation, plot manipulation or sheer power.

It's good that DC (the supreme god) killed him off because everything in their comics would be incredibly boring if Cosmic Superman is still around.
Nope endless is outregeously above the monitor sphere which is CAS limit...

Grimreaperofjustice said:
Raffney said:

Nope endless is outregeously above the monitor sphere which is CAS limit...
Multiverse2
Okay i rechecked about the Monitor sphere and what i found here stated that it is in fact quite the opposite. The monitor sphere is above the endless. Only the source is above that. In severall forums are the opinions pretty divided about the endless affecting the monitors.
Why the are you so sure about it? Where is it canonically based on?

Maybe i overlooked something but it seems that there is the possibility that the endless cannot affect the monitor sphere. At least not in a "stomp" way.

Because they are abstacts but even abstacts are able to die in comic.

Also were is that based on? Any source i found, and there are not many, seem to point into a different direction.

Considering other stuff in comics a "pretty sure" is poor arguing.

Again if the DC writers write a story in which death dies because they have no need for the concept of the endless anymore, would your philosophical standpoint really be any holdback? Don't think so..

All creation within the multiverse. The monitor sphere is above. Where is the evidence that it affects the monitor sphere aswell? When it is just one line of dialog it's not really proof for anything.

In fact if you think about it if it really destroys all creation it would also destroy destiny and the book itself and that does not make much sense.

The Monitor Sphere is part of the Multiverse and is also part of Creation. :/

And no, if it destroys all creation, the Endless still exist because they're beyond all creation.

I still don't see any evidence but if you read "sphere of the gods" in the left edge the multiverse graphic you read something like "This great realm of archtypal powers and intelligences inhabited by gods and new gods, angels and the endless."

That realm is sorted beneath the monitor sphere. And yes the monitor sphere is part of the multiverse but not necessarily part of the multiverse death has effect on because it is above.

So again where do you base that certainty on?

@raffney: But death would have to be erased or something because death dying is a bit oxymoronic.

You are not asking however how literal death is living. That seems to be a bit illogical too!

Well let me answer that, it's called comics..and if we continue that logic death might be able to die aswell.

Here are some ways how to accomplish that (and remember this is a vs so the continuity of DC multiverse is not a concern):

1. The most practical way were to make anything immortal.

2. Replace death of the endless with something that serves the same purpose. That would effectivly kill it without ruining the very rules of the multiverse.

3. And the last way is the comic logic way: Simply kill death! and pretend like nothing stupid just happened..

@PaChi

I think that this is DC Death.

Although i'm almost sure that she is orders of magnitude above the Thought Robot so i'm not sure why this thread is a thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back