• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deathbolt vs Ergo - FC/OC Round 2 8-B Tournament

So now we have the premiere of round 2! Deathbolt vs Ergo !

Ergo vs Deathbolt

Both are in his 8-B keys, meaning Ergo can't amp his stats if this means a tier jump.

Deathbolt is able to use all his techniques that do not make him go under a tier jump, meaning those techniques (in case there are other ones) and Insanebolt are restricted

Speed is =

Rest is SBA

FIGHT

Grumble Grumble Ergo's supposed to be FTL Grumble Grumble calcs

Oh hai there

Input later

I don't wanna assume anything, but aside from Ergo's lightspeed aura attack, DB really just takes this to me. It seems like Ergo's max range is a few mere meters, while DB is hundreds. All DB has to do is fly really high up and spam Danmaku until Ergo is done. Yes Ergo has Elemental Resist, which is what DB uses all the time, however it doesn't mean he is completely immune. Eventually Ergo's defenses will break down. Honestly a unfair and unlucky matchup to me.

I'm gonna have to go with Deathbolt on this one. He has superior AP along with abilities that bypass durability like Blood Manipulation, which would go right past Ergo's Aura. Plus Deathbolt's Danmaku could just overwhelm Ergo and take him out then and there.

Yep. Easy Deathbolt victory FRA. All of his lightning stuff + fly + range + whatever else gives easy win.

Deathbolt only has Blood Manipulation on HIMSELF to create his Bloody Bolts. He can't control OTHER PEOPLE'S blood.

Literally 3 minutes and 3 votes already lol

Deathbolt: 3 (Izreldan, DMUA, Smashtwig)

Ergo: 0

Has Deathbolt won already?

Probably one of the fastest threads in whole FC/OC, lol. I guess next battle is up.

Deathbolt advanced against... ANGEL!

Next battle up is Depowered Izreldan vs Ethan

I didn't vote for Deathbolt

I literally just grumbled about Ergo's speed

Also, three vote matches take 24 hours grace.

so 2 votes only, alright

Mark has a chance of backing up this, i expected Ergo having at least a chance tbh

He does, it's just we're both in the middle of playing SAO Tabletop

Yeah, Grace Period starts, DM me on Discord if you want to try and join the SAO Tabletop.

Ergo's Willpower Defense is a thing... Huh Okay assuming that Ergo outlasts Ragebolt's super spam of fireballs to and uses up all his mana. (Ragebolt/Kasai's and Deathbolt's Mana are seperate, sorry I forgot to mention that in the profiles, my b), DB still has the higher range with his MHS Thunder Taser and Shadow Bind. I don't think Ergo would be able to reach him

66Gaming123 said:
Ergo's Willpower Defense is a thing... Huh Okay assuming that Ergo outlasts Ragebolt's super spam of fireballs to and uses up all his mana. (Ragebolt/Kasai's and Deathbolt's Mana are seperate, sorry I forgot to mention that in the profiles, my b), DB still has the higher range with his MHS Thunder Taser and Shadow Bind. I don't think Ergo would be able to reach him
Ergo does not have willpower defense.

Does Deathbolt abuse range and flight in-character? Ergo can't boost his stats above 8-B, so that'll be fine. Also Ergo's Stats amp is comparable to Yoshimitsu's, which boosts his stats up to its "peak", which means as high as the 8-B tier can go, which also means that he'll have higher AP and dura than Deathbolt.

Also, comparing the two combatants' intelligence, Ergo seems to have a much higher upper hand. Considering this is SBA so the setting will be New York, Ergo can just use cover, run up buildings, abuse the environment around him, throw whatever he can at Deathbolt, etc.

While DB likes ground combat more than air, he will do nearly anything it takes to win (exceptions including things like sacrificing innocents). I was under the impression DB had his EoS intellect which means his intellect was pretty much raised by Wing's intellect but thats okay if he don't. In other words yes, DB WILL abuse his flight and maximum range. In the case of looking for cover, DB would probably chase from a safe distance and blow up anything considered "cover", throwing stuff won't help because they would probs be either destroyed or dodged via flight. Ergo doesn't have much places to go. If Ergo runs up buildings, DB will just fly to a safe enough distance

If stats amp is how Mark describes it, then Ergo will just try to run up boosting his AP, i think he may have a chance dodging Danmaku considering he can amp himself up. He will eventually be the peak of a 8-B and if Deathbolt does not take up him fast enough, Ergo will eventually tank all of Deathbolt's attacks due to being at the most a 8-B can be and potentially oneshot Deathbolt.

So if Deathbolt can take him fast enough, then he has an small advantage

But if he fails to this, Ergo might just amp himself till he can resist most of DB's attacks.

I think im personally going towards Ergo, despite Deathbolt abusing range and stuff. I see this as a 5/5, since Deathbolt can take Ergo fast enough before amping himself up, but considering Ergo can resist elemental attacks long enough before this breaks, this would give him an upper advantage to amp himself.

Ergo has the upper hand in intelligence too, no idea how he will perform, but probably an strategy or something like that.

Of course, Ergo can raise his defense to 99.999999 Tons, so that's a little bit better for tanking.

Ergo for reasons above I guess. Split the board 50/50 and keep it heading to Inconclusive as per Versus thread rules

IE not concluding considering this is a tourney and should have special conditions I'll be real.

Keep in mind DB is 87.5 tons so 99.999 tons will eventually break too. Eventually he's gonna be taken down anyway. He can't one shot DB either due to his lack of range

Also if ones durability doesnt have a feat next to it is it automatically assumed that he can take what he can dish out? Thats what i was thinking this whole time.

That's what i assumed too

DBs is supposed to take what he can dish out due to newtons 3rd law so I assumed that i didn't need to justify his durability due to his attack potency explaining it

That's the general idea, unless the character is specifically a glass cannon or uses weaponry instead of punching power.

DMUA said:
Ergo for reasons above I guess. Split the board 50/50 and keep it heading to Inconclusive as per Versus thread rules
IE not concluding considering this is a tourney and should have special conditions I'll be real.
So you vote inconclusive? or Ergo? ;-;

This has already special conditions, which is Ergo can't tier jump and Deathbolt not having insanebolt

Deathbolt: 4 (Izreldan, Drag, Boc, Smashtwig)

Ergo: 1 or 2? (Uninown, DMUA?)

Inconclusive: 1? (DMUA?)

It's only immediate if it's decisive.

... Something not specified in the FC/OC Rules but is specified in the VSBW Rules.

We shouldn't have done that then.

But, let's not worry, the past is the past and It's my fault for not stopping you lol

Well... I mean, there's nothing stopping us from doing the other round 2 matches while we wait for one grace to disperse, nah.

Back