• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demigra Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Everlasting

VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
It has come to my attention that Demigra is currently 3-A via scaling from Beerus . However, Dragon Ball Xenoverse was made before Super was announced (It was even released before RoF was released in theaters), and thus Demigra only scales to Battle of Gods Beerus, who was only explicitly stated to be casually Solar System level. His note even says he can't be scaled to anyone in Super.

Hence, I feel he should be downgraded to 4-B.

I'm not sure what level Demigra should be precisely but I do find the scaling to be off. Considering this was way before a retcon of the films that held Universal feats.

I think that Beerus was stated as capable of easily destroying the Kaioshin realm even back then, and it is supposedly 1/5th the size of a universe.

In any case, I do think that it would be very confusing for visitors if we start to scale from a different incarnation of Beerus. Maybe we could just place Demigra at "Unknown", given that we do not know whether or not Beerus was always intended to be at his current level?

I think if we were to just put a footnote at the bottom of the pages even the biggest newcomers couldn't get all that confused. And it's at least better than having an inaccurate stat.

Also isn't Kaioshin Realm being 1/5 the size of the Universe come from the same retconned model that has 4 galaxies? Or am I mistaken?

I dunno. I think that it seems safer to place his statistics as unknown, given all of the question marks surrounding this issue.

That's the thing i would say here. The game of Xenoverse was made before DBS abd RoF appeared. By this time, Beerus was thought up of being around 4-B level according to Whis.

For this, and unless someone can convince me on this differently, i think that scaling him to BoG Beerus is alright.

Xenoverse mixes a lot of continuities, and with Xenoverse 2, which is going to introduce more Super characters, we can't really be for sure which continuity Demigra could be scaled to.

So, you know, things are really hard here.

Okay Beerus being able to destroy Kaioshin Realm was a Toriyama statement. By BoG film's feats and statements from Whis he is a casual 4-B. If we are going to take what Toriyama said seriously (and find out how large Kaioshin Realm was at the time) then we could go from there.

I think if he could really destroy 1/5 of a 4 galaxied universe, an "Unknown. At least High 4-A, possibly 3-A" could be okay. Or a straight up Unknown. But I think making him a direct 3-A via scaling like this is flawed.

Okay....if that's the case then i guess Antvasima's suggestion to Unknown will have to do. I do agree with having a footnote at Demigra's profile to explain the change, however.

Perhaps "Unknown. (Was supposedly able to take on Beerus, but was rather uncertain about fighting Whis. However this was before Dragon Ball Super's retcon that made the Gods Universal. Hence is is unknown how powerful they were at the time.)" would suffice.

I don't think he should be scaled to Beerus at all. It comes from text stating that he's willing to take Beerus on. However, after playing the game, even FRIEZA is talking smack to Beerus, saying he's fight (or kill. I forget) anyone he doesn't like. For the record, the 3-B Golden Frieza isn't in the game. This is final form.

Well a demon god like Demigra who posed a serious threat to the entire universe and time holding his own against Beerus is far more believable than Frieza killing him. Especially since Frieza defeating Beerus holds so much contradictions whereas Demigra fighting him technically wouldn't yield any at all.

However since it was just a (somewhat plausible) statement, and once again this was before a change in continuity that established Beerus as 3-A happened, we should make him unknown. Which seems to be what everyone here has agreed upon.

Well, didn't Beerus plan to survive the destruction of the entire DB Universe in his sleep? Or from what I remember in the clips from the game. I could be wrong though.

Sparky "Dante" Marky1234 said:
Well, didn't Beerus plan to survive the destruction of the entire DB Universe in his sleep? Or from what I remember in the clips from the game. I could be wrong though.
Honestly I think that Demigra is not close to becoming a threat to Beerus (why would Beerus just sleep while Demgra is about to destroy all the time lines?

I think that Beerus at BoG should be High 4-A (same with Whis)

Demigra is High 4-A ( lower degere than Beerus) in his final form, and low 2-C, possibly 2-C with prep (lower than Zen'o if he even exists in xenoverse

hahahaha They are taken as a reference to the characters Anime (canon), to empower xenoverse characters?

In first this is too inconsistent, because Xenoverse characters are much more powerful than the characters in the anime, as Goku base tanking an attack that could destroy countless timelines, It is also said that Beerus is capable of destroying all History (Past, present and future)

It might be best to ask Azathoth about this. I seem to recall that he knows about Xenoverse.

Back then Demigra had absorbed Tokitoki.

Also, there is nothing contradicting Beerus in BoG being on par with his Super Counterpart besides lack of feats.

Also, it's worth notice that he was willing to take him in his Final Form but his reaction to fight him at base was pretty much realizing how screwed he was. With Whis he still cows in fear.

Xantospoc22 said:
Back then Demigra had absorbed Tokitoki.
Also, there is nothing contradicting Beerus in BoG being on par with his Super Counterpart besides lack of feats.

Also, it's worth notice that he was willing to take him in his Final Form but his reaction to fight him at base was pretty much realizing how screwed he was. With Whis he still cows in fear.
in BOG exist DBGT?

in BOG exist the kaioshin of time?

Xenomorphios said:
Honestly I think that Demigra is not close to becoming a threat to Beerus (why would Beerus just sleep while Demgra is about to destroy all the time lines?

I think that Beerus at BoG should be High 4-A (same with Whis)

Demigra is High 4-A ( lower degere than Beerus) in his final form, and low 2-C, possibly 2-C with prep (lower than Zen'o if he even exists in xenoverse
Well, as we know, an unused sound clip had him say he was confident in fighting Beerus. As to why Beerus would sleep through said destruction? That's just due to him not being able to care any less. He and Whis can (supposedly) survive it, so they wouldn't really care.

The thing is, Xenoverse Beerus =/= BoG Beerus.

If we wanna say that, it should be noted that the wiki labels SSJ4 Goku at Multi-SS in SSJ4, and he was offered to be the next G.o.D in the GT DLC, which would place him at least at Multi-SS+.

Also, they're making a new Xenoverse, one which will likely include the new material from Super. If that's the case, Xenoverse Beerus could likely get feats from Super applied to him.

Ehhhhhh it might be fine to just keep the 3-A, as Super is effectively a retcon of BoG. It's not like Beerus being of that level in Xenoverse is really contradicted; he just lacked any really high tier feats before Super came around. However, I do remember the SKoT was worried Beerus training with the Time Warrior in their current realm could accidentally destroy it, and said realm might be the same as Heaven (since we see Snake Road in the distance), so there's that.

Of course, there's also the fact that Xenoverse 2 comes out soon, and that's almost certainly going to use Super as its canon, which would make this entire downgrade completely pointless.

I think that Azathoth makes a good point about Xenoverse 2 rendering this downgrade unnecessary.

Hmm. I suppose that may be a good point there, Azzy.

If anything, Xenoverse 2 having (DBS) Beerus there would just reinforce/justify his tier instead.

Azzy has convinced me against this downgrade as well.

Because Xenoverse 2 will scale from the DBS anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back