• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized Nero matches will turn just like Dante if he gets Yamato and use it with Ragtime. Inb4 "Nero slow down time and one shot with Yamato" LOL

I actually have a thought that Nero may be a glass cannon with Devil Breakers. Imagine something like:

"At least High 7-C, likely higher. High 6-A with Devil Breakers"

I can already see some guy making Nero vs Mami

Lucia and Arius profiles are kinda meh

I think they should be "At least High 7-C, Likely Higher"

At the end of DMC2, Arius obtained a portion of Argosax's powers, so he should be comparable to Sanctus, since apparently you don't have to be a good person with Argosax blood to use his powers lol. That can only be applied for Sparda's power

At best they are only Sid-Abigail level, scalling directly from his 172 pt feat, considering that Arius-Argosax have similar powers but can't control it, just like Sid was with Abigail's powers

I also thought of that, since Lucia can defeat Arius-Argosax in base at least High 7-C, likely higher sound reasonable, same for Bolverk because he likely fought Sparda when he was not ready to fight Mundus and Dante was very casual with everyone.

Wasn't Sid Abigail weaker than the original Abigail? Could swear I read that somewhere.

Also, just because Arius draw his power from Argosax doesn't mean he's on the same tier as him.

Sid Abigail is likely below an actual one, if we go by the series' "evil = no power for you" trope. But he was also the one who performed the High 6-A feat.

That's true.

He had the same powers, but Abigail is weaker then TAS Dante and Mundus

The only bet is that Sid cound't control his new powers to use its maximum potential, but we don't have evidence to confirm this

For Bolverk, he fought against Sparda and lived to tell the story and survived a round with DMC2 Dante. We know that Dante, even when playing around (DMC4), doesn't spare Demon Bosses (Echidna, for example), DMC2 Dante is at least the same, if not more deadly

"At least High 7-C, possibly High 6-A" maybe ?

Possibly yes for Bolverk, i'm wondering if we should give the true Abigail key since was said to have powers comparable to Mundus, or a note if that is vague saying that the profile covers Sid-Abigail. Sid was an extremely fodder demon that absorbed Abigail's power.

Not sure about a new key, as Abigail has no feats otherwise, and he rivaled Mundus according to Lady, who's not a really reliable source.

The profile covers the Original Abigail, so...

An Sid-Abigail key, maybe ?

Attack Potency: Multi Continent Level (when possesing Abigail's powers, Sid could create a portal that engulfed a good portion of the Planet) | At least Multi Continent Level, possibly Higher (Said to rival Mundus in terms of power)

Keys: Sid with a good portion of Abigail's powers | Original/Prime Abigail

Btw why are Baul and Modeus not part of the "Demons" category? they are clearly full blood demon.

As for Bolverk I share the same opinion yes. He fought Sparda and survived and fought DMC2 Dante twice

DMC1 Dante needed Sparda's power to fight Munuds while TAS Dante stomped Sid Abigail once he went DT, I know TAS take place after DMC1 but it doesn't seem that much time has passed tbh. I think it a fair assumption that Sid couldn't bring the full power

ZERO7772 said:
Btw why are Baul and Modeus not part of the "Demons" category? they are clearly full blood demon.
Fixed the verse page, through their profile need a little fix. Baul shoud be just at least High 7-C in both forms since he was not enthrusted with Sparda's power, but should not be that weaker than his brother Modeus, who is at least High 7-C, likely higher in both forms since he was enthrusted with Sparda's power.

We can make Agnus profile and add: Sanctus, Vredo and Aguns to "The Order" category.

I will make Agnus profile myself soon if I have time.

Bolverk, Agnus and Griffon are the last notable bosses to add, the others are minor sans Echidna whom they scale.

I wonder who's stronger between Nero and Lucia at this point. Also, Please bring Lucia in DMC5....

Eh I would say that Nero can outhaxx her right now with his Time-stop and different abilities. Lucia has never showed even half as impressive.

Edit: If it wasnt for his Time-Stop I would say that she would won with Chrono Heart... But ya know, now it doesnt matter.

Just a quick question is the despair embodied an abstract I have seen people claim that it is because because demons draw power from their name and that dante resists concept manipulation for fighting it

Their main reason is that since demon draw their power from their name asgorax is an abstractbecause of its name

I know that but they just will not agree and keep saying that since names have an importance in demons in dmc asgorax is an abstract and dante resists concept manipulation.I really hate doing vs debates in YouTube because of people like them but i am getting off topic thank you for clearing my doubts and sorry for my mini rant.Continue on with the thread.

I just realised something when sparda fought argosax his power was sealed away so he didn't really fight sparda at his full strength hence why he needed help in sealing him away

Sparda 20000000 said:
I just realised something when sparda fought argosax his power was sealed away so he didn't really fight sparda at his full strength hence why he needed help in sealing him away
Is that stated/implied anywhere? Can't recall anything that would point towards that

Sparda's power was sealed after his rebellion which was over 2000 years ago sparda fought argosax a over hundred years ago

2Devil May Cry 2 instruction manual: "One recent tale, only a few hundred years old, told of a great swordsman appearing from "the outside" to aid in exorcising the most evil god of all time. Ôåæ Devil May Cry 4 - History of Devil May Cry explicitly also state that he is a demon. Ôåæ Devil May Cry 2, Enemy File —

Okay.

So this would make the scaling more confusing, as we don't really know whether Argosax is above Prime Sparda or not.

Actually, this just upgrades Prime Sparda, since Argosax by himself is stronger then Mundus and Dante stomped him

Maybe two keys for Sparda should be good tho

It is me or this kinda bugs the scalling ?

Because...

If Sparda DT Dante is equal to his father, which makes sense, then we know that Sparda in his prime was only a bit stronger then Mundus

Then how could he fight, with his powers sealed, against a being with even more power ? Only if it wasn't a true fight but a Sealing attempt, but this would contradict Sparda entering The Demon World alone to fight

The information that his powers were traped in the other side comes from DMC3 I guess, maybe a retcon, I dunno

Sparda sealed most of his power in the demon world after the war 2000 years ago, it's stated in DMC3 Prologue and DMC2 Manual I think

So yeah Sparda wasn't at his prime when he fought Argosax. That being said, when was it stated that Argosax is stronger than Mundus? sadly I never finished DMC2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back