• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 8

Alright lads, how about we, like, drop the "SDT Dante/Vergil vs Nero" debate and just compromise with Nero being their equal? Sounds good if you ask me.

Also, Urizen's shaking feat sounds like at least Low 6-B, as it implies that tectonic plates (or smth like that) would also be affected.

But again, I think it'd be better to wait until DarkGrath's CRT.

Alright, let me clarify something about my CRT. It is practically done with writing and editing, but for reasons I would definitely rather not get into here (maybe in a personal, one on one chat) I don't want to release it yet. I'm fine with DMC being downgraded for now due to the High 6-A feat being unreliable, even though I'll be discussing why I believe DMC characters to be far higher than that. Until my CRT comes out, which might not be for a little while, I don't want it affecting anyone else's CRT's.

I think we should write all the new abilities for Nero and Dante [Vergil has only four new ones: Matter Manipulation, Type 3 Conceptual Manipulation with Yamato, Flight and Duplication in Sin DT] before dealing with the stats.

There is something I'm really curious about, but which I want to see more clarification on. You know how the DMC3 Manga talks about how a demons power is, in some form, derived from their name? In that case, this could be an explanation as to how pre-fruit Urizen is so powerful. Because while V refers to him as Urizen, he states himself that he has no name. While this is obviously meant to solidify the connection between V and Urizen, if we derive a bit from the statement in the DMC3 Manga this could be interpreted as meaning that having no name but still having a physical form means that he has the powers of all demons.

the first new ability for Dante would be heat resistence, it is stated in the reports that Balrog is so hot that if a normal human was to weild it he would instantly burn alive and die, but Dante weilds it with absolutely no problem

Well Dante has

Nero should get

• Energy Manipulation with Overture, Mega Buster, Gerbera (it says it's shockwaves although it looks like energy).

Also shouldn't Vergil get Matter Manipulation from this and this.

Well, It's Gravity and Explosion Manipulation for Dante in that move

He stops them and explodes them from the inside

Could be Paralysis Inducement aswell

Also, when Vergil hits you with that big Judment Cut, the time slows down with the same visual effects of Nero's Ragtime, maybe Vergil can use Urizen's abilities ?

And V's summons can fight and hurt Cavaliere Angelo, which obviously scales to Trish

Vergil should also get type 4 immortality since he came back from the dead and the game confirmes he was definitely dead before coming back

I'm not sure what to make of it. Although yeah it does look like Gravity/Explosion Manipulation.

As for V should get Teleportation and Summoning his familiars and with Royal Fork I'm guessing, possible Healing because he heals his familiars with just being near them.

Shadow should just have Shapeshifting.

Griffon should just have Lighting Manipulation.

Nightmare should get Teleportation, Energy Manipulation and Explosion Manipulation.

And all of the familiars should probably get Resurrection/Immortality type 4 and possibly type 8.

Urizen should get Energy, Time, Fire, Explosio and Blood Manipulation, Corruption, Forcefield Creation, Teleportation, Portal Creation, Telekinesis, Absorption, Summoning and Power Bestowal? because he gave the other bosses their powers.

I think that's about it.

Dante blocking Griffon's lightning should be calculated since some of Griffon's attacks use cloud to ground Lightning

And V can dodge Cavaliere Angelo Lighting, which since scales to Trish, is also MHS+

And we have Dante dodging Cavaliere's Lighting

His move where he summons all the light projectiles from the sky would be Danmaku, Urizen should also get summoning, since in his second bossfight after eating the fruit he summons some swords

That's not Danmaku there were only like 4-5 light beams. And I don't remember him ever summoning swords a link would be nice.

RebubleUselet said:
Where does Matter Manipulation for Vergil come from?
Vergil created a small tree where to sit on, then when Dante approached, he dissipated it molecular wise.

Vergil created a small tree where to sit on, then when Dante approached, he dissipated it molecular wise.

that sounds like creation

Not sure for Urizen, but shouldn't Dante and Vergil have Danmaku? Dante has Spectral Swords and the Luce while Vergil has Summoned Swords.

In the manga didn't sparda have type 3 conceptual manipulation from taking the seven deadly sins names away and Dante and Vergil were the only ones capable of giving their names back

Dante only has displayed Danmaku in Sin Devil Trigger and has only summoned 4 spectral swords, that's not enough for Danmaku. Same thing with Vergil he hasn't summoned more than like 7, or something, spectral swords at once that's not enough to qualify for Danmaku.

Btw, I think that Nero's Break Age w/ Ragtime is actually Time Stop, since its description refers to it as a "time-stopper" and Matt described it as such at one of the PAX events. It is also shown to stop time in one of the Gamescom trailers. Guess the seeming Time Slow in-gameplay is just a game mechanic.

Oh yeah that's summoning you're right, I had forgotten about it. Although I still don't think that's enough to qualify for Danmaku.

RebubleUselet said:
I don't think so. The description says it just slows down time. Although a link to the trailer would be nice.

"This arm was crafted from special materials obtained from a powerful enemy. It creates special force fields that warp and slow the flow of time enemies caught between them. It is convenient for taking on multiple enemies, but the utility of this Devil Breaker varies based on your playstyle."

Back