• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dimension Size Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intro
I'm basically just inquiring about how we go about determining the sizes of dimensions since we don't really have any standards for it.

Inquiry
So, in our Universe page it briefly talks about quantifying dimension sizes. And within it it says:

Having a starry sky may qualify as being a Multi-Solar System sized pocket reality

I want to focus on the word "may" for a second. I see in many verses that we default assume that if you enter a dimension and see a star in the sky, that dimension contains said star. A common example is Kaguya's dimensions, we see a star in one of them and as such we treat the dimension as a space containing a star and a planet. I'm sure there's a 100 other examples too. I'm curious what justifies said assumption? Like why do we default to "what is seen in the sky is apart of the dimension"? Because based on our universe page, stars in the sky only might qualify the dimension for containing said star.

So, I guess I'm curious how do we determine when it may qualify. Do we have an unspoken rule of thumb, or is it simply assumed as long as it isn't directly contradicted?

I think the wording is fine, "May" still means more often then not. And I didn't want to say anything stubborn or superlative. Of course there are examples where it specifically states to be only earth sized or even city sized but still has those visuals. And there are other times where they're specifically stated to be "Illusions", but we did have a lengthy discussion and most staff agreed having a sun and/or numerous stars are legit real stars if they're specifically stated to be an entire world/realm and what not.

I think the wording is fine, "May" still means more often then not. And I didn't want to say anything stubborn or superlative. Of course there are examples where it specifically states to be only earth sized or even city sized but still has those visuals. And there are other times where they're specifically stated to be "Illusions", but we did have a lengthy discussion and most staff agreed having a sun and/or numerous stars are legit real stars if they're specifically stated to be an entire world/realm and what not.
Do you have a link to that discussion?

Yeah I obviously agree that if a dimension is specifically stated to be a planet than obviously the starry sky isn’t included. Is that pretty much what is intended to be captured by “may qualify”. Aka is it just an “unless directly contradicted”?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back