• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DMC Mid Tiers Re-work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings

This CRT seeks to rework the current Mid Tiers for DMC + fix a few other problems within the profiles, it merely revises already accepted feats, so no calculations needed.

The main case here is around the infamous Beastheads demon from the 2nd novel and its feat of "shaking the world". The feat itself is already accepted, but its scale only considers the Planet being shaken, when in reality, it should be the Human World, context here is key.

"世界が震えている。 とある歴史学者の言を借りれば、この世界の成り立ちは非常に脆弱なものであり、己の法則 性に従わない存在を受け入れることはできないのだという。 では、異質な存在を無理に挿入されたとしたら、世界は果たしてどうなるだろうか。 その答えは今まさに、ここに出現しようとしていた。 ひょうし 「この世の終わりってのはちっと、派手で騒がしいものだと思ったんだがな。静かでいい雰囲 気じゃないか、拍子抜けだぜ」 ダンテは両手に銃を構え、不敵に、挑発するように、天空を占める巨大な獣の首を見上げた。 彼の言葉のとおり、世界は静かである。 いや、より正確さを重んじるのであれば、その表現はあまり適切ではないかも知れない。 静かだというよりもむしろ、あらゆる音が―音だけにとどまらず、大小様々な生命を包む 「世界」という存在から、命の営みがすべて奪い去られた、というべきだろうか。 波はさざめくことなく、凍ったように静止している。 風は止み、大気は重く澱み、ただ重力に引かれて重く圧し掛かってくる。 大地は温もりを失い、足下はまるで分厚く積み重なった氷のようだ。 「これはこれで悪くはないが、ちょっと陰気くさすぎるな。陽気にいこうぜ、悪魔野郎」

The world is trembling. As one historian put it, this world is so fragile in its foundation that it cannot accept beings that do not follow its laws. So what would happen to the world if an alien being were to be forcibly inserted? The answer is about to appear here, right now. Hailstones I thought the end of the world was going to be a bit loud and boisterous. Dante held his gun in his hands and looked up at the head of the giant beast that occupied the sky, fearlessly and provocatively. As he said, the world is quiet. No, if you value accuracy more, that might not be a very apt description. Rather than quiet, I would say that every sound - not just sound, but every living thing, large and small - has been robbed of its life in the "world" that surrounds it. The waves do not whisper, but stand still as if frozen. The wind has stopped, the air is heavy and stagnant, and only gravity is pulling and weighing down on it. The earth has lost its warmth, and the ground beneath us is like a thick layer of ice. It's not bad, but it's a little too gloomy. Let's have some fun, demon."
The feat gets a bit confusing considering the use of the same kanji for "World" (The infamous "世界", or "sekai"), which made us believe that every "world" is about our Planet, when that actually goes against why the world was shaking. The quote is clear when it says that said shaking happened because the "world's foundations" are weak for such a demon, and then Dante describes a bit of what happens in their environment when Beastheads appears, there are two "worlds" in play here. The context for the main quote follows the laws of the world, meaning foundation isn't about Earth, as we all know, the laws of a universe have universal range unless stated otherwise, and Devil May Cry never said something about Earth having its own set of laws, therefore, the statement isn't talking about the Planet. The Planet is, however, mentioned after the feat, but that isn't about the feat, but its consequences on our planet, making sense to focus on the range where Dante had his eyes at to offer us a description of the event, but said description shouldn't limit the feat from its true purpose.

Now, as listed on the Common feats page, shaking your average universe is still considered 4-A and that's where The Beastheads should be. Gilver's profile mentions that his nexus, by consuming the Human World, is High 3-A, so I guess the Human World could be infinite, but I haven't seen a scan confirming that, so he should be downgraded to 3-A if said scan doesn't appear

The next step is to clear up the scaling for the Beastheads:

The feat was done by the demon's base, cerberus-like form, that has good statements about being a weapon for Mundus, but contrary to what the profile says, nothing indicates this demon, at its base form, is stronger than the fearsome Generals of Mundus. They, just like the Beastheads, are enlisted by Mundus, but contrary to our feat owner here, the Generals are, very directly, stated to be worthy of their title, and DMC1 showed us that, by losing to Dante three times in a row, Griffon, one of the generals, was deemed unworthy by Mundus himself, meaning, it's power that makes them worthy, not other aspects. Griffon also asked Mundus to grant him "one last surge of power" in order to defeat Dante, which further proves the power of these characters as they are receiving power from a Low 1-C (Currently) source.

In other words, all Mundus generals should scale above Beastheads' base form at the very least

With that in mind, we reach at the critical point of this CRT: Some stats will change based on the power of the Generals

First things first: DMC5 Griffon and Shadow should scale to their DMC1 self just like we currently do for Nightmare. And in that game, Cavaliere Angelo is able to battle them and survive to fight another day, Cavaliere is powered up by DMC5 Trish.

DMC5 Re-scaling:

I say "DMC5" Trish despite she lacking keys because another point of this CRT is to create them and separate each scaling to each key. Note that despite losing the battle, we must keep in mind Cavaliere not only survived but fought 2 Generals + V + Possibly Nightmare, that's why, even being weaker, Trish should downscale from this, keep in mind that the enemies Cavaliere faced are stronger than the owner of the 4-A feat aswell

Malphas should also scale to this since she is superior to Cavaliere Angelo and already listed on our profiles as such. Devil Breaker Nero also gets the upgrade for casually defeating Malphas

DMC4 Re-scaling:

Like I said before, we are giving proper keys for Trish, meaning that Savior, despite scaling to her, won't receive a 4-A key because he scales to DMC4 Trish, not DMC5. However, there are still changes to be made in DMC4's case, but more in speed instead of AP. Currently, we give DMC3 Dante the same AP as DMC4 Nero for 2 reasons: They were overall comparable before Awakening their Devil Trigger, and after they got it, it was done by equal sources of power, those being Rebellion and Yamato. So Dante received Nero's scaling, but Nero didn't received Dante's speed scaling which has FTL Combat and Reaction speed, which should've been the case, their initial (attention to that) scaling is mutual, therefore Nero should scale to this.

By default, the ones who scale to Post DT Nero should also receive this little upgrade, following this scaling: DMC4 Trish = Full Power Savior (Base + Nero) >>> Base Savior = Sanctus = Post DT Nero

This scaling is already accepted and applied on the profiles, I'm just listing it to better show who gets what.

Next topic to discuss here is their current AP of "At least 6-C, likely 4-C". 4-C is the actual scale of Savior's feat, we just didn't gave him the full rating at that time because, while the God Tiers are consistently broken, the Mid Tiers never showcased power on the Tier 4 scale and that made us doubt a bit about the scale of Savior's dimensions. That shouldn't be an issue anymore as the very next level is getting a 4-A upgrade and we got scans of the Temen-ni-gru having whole moons inside of it, making it a dimenson far bigger than it seems, and the sins feat (And the Force Edge) of holding the seal of the power all more impressive. 6-C has no reason to stand anymore.

The last thing about DMC4 is that Trish (And only Trish) should have full FTL speed instead of being Combat and Reaction only, since to fight Savior (Who has FTL Combat and Reaction itself), she would need to deal with his range, meaning she needs movement speed on that level. This scales to DMC5 Trish, who in turn scales to the Generals

DMC3 Re-scaling:

Things start to get exciting here, but also a bit more complex. Post DT DMC3 Dante shoud keep his ratings, but Endgame Dante and Endgame Vergil (The one with Force Edge) should receive the 4-A scaling thanks to Before the Nightmare's statements about Vergil's powerlevel. It states that Mundus (Weakened by that time) waited the result of Dante and Vergil's battle to attack the loser, because at full power, any of the twins could have defeated him. The exact power for this Mundus is very complicated to measure (We tried in the past), but we obviously do know that he should be stronger than his Generals, who now are getting a 4-A upgrade. So we can stop making assumptions and actually rate Endgame Dante and Vergil at this level.

Force Edge Endgame Dante > Endgame Dante > Force Edge Vergil > Weakened Mundus > Generals

Force Edge Arkham should also receive the upgrade

Dante's AP section for his DMC3 self should be "4-C (After Awakening DT, scaling to Nero), up to 4-A (By the end of the game, scaling to Weakened Mundus). While Vergil should receive a 4-C key for his 2nd fight against Post DT Dante, and a 4-A key by the end of the game + receive a "Higher" with Force Edge (Note that the statement doesn't mention he needs Force Edge to defeat Mundus, only to be physically okay). You may be asking yourself why Dante isn't just 4-A and in turn scale Nero to him, but while their initial transformation should be equal, Dante's Accelerated Development renders the assumption of him being as strong through the entire game a little arbitrary, as the whole story of DMC3 is, well, Dante's Awakening, and shows him on a different path as Nero, both can jump in power, but the fact thay the scale of these upgrades can be massively different means it's situational, meaning, it depends on feats or scaling through their own individual journeys

DMC2 Re-scaling:

Rather simple, Lucia defeats Phantom in the game (A General), gets defeated by Base Arius, power ups and defeats Arius, then his Argosax-based transformatioms, all of them should now be 4-A and FTL.

DMC1 Re-scaling:

Aside from the already mentioned Generals, DMC1 Trish should receive a key with 8-C AP and Massively Hypersonic+ speed, all of them coming from her direct scaling to natural lightning (Check Griffon's link above, it shows her using this), very similar to Blitz. By the end of the game, Trish starts accepting her human side and, as always in DMC, receives a boost in her power, saving Dante from Mundus' Particle beam. Her stats should show both versions: Her initial AP at "At least 8-C, higher after accepting her humanity", and her speed being "Massively Hypersonic+, Relativistic+ after accepting her humanity"

This also helps the overall scaling for DMC4

Anime Re-scaling:

Baul and Modeus are above the Generals, so they also scale higher than their new ratings. Anime Trish, if she lacks any scaling or feat, should just upscale from her DMC1 self.

Final Results:

4-A Tier:

DMC3 Epilogue Dante (With Force Edge) > Endgame Dante > Force Edge Vergil > Endgame Vergil > Weakened Mundus/Base Lucia/Base Arius/Baul/Modeus > Generals > Beastheads (Owner of the 4-A feat)

Endgame Lucia and Arius-Argosax should be around FE Vergil's level

DMC5 Trish only gets a "Likely 4-A" aswell as Malphas who's stronger, with Devil Breaker Nero being able to stomp Malphas and thus should be enough to get the full Tier

4-C Tier:

DMC4 Trish (Full FTL rating) = Full Power Savior ( Base + Nero ) > Base Savior (Owner of the 4-C feat) = Sanctus = Post DT Nero = Post DT Dante (At first) = DMC3 Vergil (At first)

Last edited:
I obviously agree due to have seen it before hand.
This might be a good time to add all the hax's i need to add, but i'm gonna leave that for a next thread, good stuff Lightning,

Agree with everything here, in dmc when the word world is used it is mostly referring to a universe not the planet since that’s how the series treats it for the most part so the beastheads shaking the entire universe is without a doubt true.

Now, as listed on the Common feats page, shaking your average universe is still considered 4-A and that's where The Beastheads should be. Gilver's profile mentions that his nexus, by consuming the Human World, is High 3-A, so I guess the Human World could be infinite, but I haven't seen a scan confirming that, so he should be downgraded to 3-A if said scan doesn't appear
High3A existed for creating new Demon World via nexus, be because Demon World was High3A/Low2C at the time.
Gilvers profile is pending update for 2 years now.

Affecting HW is more or less useless in comparison. Unless we have started referring to DW as low2C by giving up against Fujiwara, the Nexus feat should be low1C.

I have stuff to say about Scaling, but I will do that tomorrow since I need to sleep.

High3A existed for creating new Demon World via nexus, be because Demon World was High3A/Low2C at the time.
Gilvers profile is pending update for 2 years now.

Affecting HW is more or less useless in comparison. Unless we have started referring to DW as low2C by giving up against Fujiwara, the Nexus feat should be low1C.

I have stuff to say about Scaling, but I will do that tomorrow since I need to sleep.

I talked with Tony few minutes ago and yeah, that was the case, the Nexus could be either Low 2-C, for warping the Human World and giving it the Demon World's "vibe" or straight up Low 1-C for creating another one

Hmmm, the Beastheads shaking the world feat is reasonable enough given in most cases its about a universe rather then a planet unless context is needed however in this case it has one.

Anyway, i agree with the mid-tier rating of this feat.

DMC5 Re-scaling:

I say "DMC5" Trish despite she lacking keys because another point of this CRT is to create them and separate each scaling to each key. Note that despite losing the battle, we must keep in mind Cavaliere not only survived but fought 2 Generals + V + Possibly Nightmare, that's why, even being weaker, Trish should downscale from this, keep in mind that the enemies Cavaliere faced are stronger than the owner of the 4-A feat aswell

I disagree with this part, the fight had a very specific set of circumstances for it to happen and go down like it did so lets start with "Trish"

"Trish" in this fight not only was amped by the angelo armor but had the help of the Elder Geryon Knight so it is very unlikely she could have fought on her own.

V in this case had already been out there for 1 month, both unable to replenish his power and slowly dying out. Not only he was not on top of his game but if you remember the fight he falls on 1 knee after beating Cavalier (which later the manga explained was because of the PTSD he suffered as Nelo Angelo), something that was most likely bothering him the whole time. All that without mentioning that Nightmare literally dries V demonic power and thus avoids summoning him as much as possible.

And even then if you check the manga (chapter 26) V using only Shadow and Griffon defeated them quite easily.

What I'm trying to say is that V after a month losing power and mentally not there was able to easily defeat Cavalier Angelo + EGK so Trish definitively does not scales, downscales or anything to the generals even in their weakened forms.

Malphas should also scale to this since she is superior to Cavaliere Angelo and already listed on our profiles as such. Devil Breaker Nero also gets the upgrade for casually defeating Malphas

Aye, Griffon says Malphas is a pain in the ass and someone they shouldn't mess with on their own. The thing is that I don't know if it is because she is stronger than them or because of her hax or both.

I would be willing to compromise, so Malphas would get a "Likely 4-A" rating based on Griffon thinking she would be troublesome to deal with. Obviously I don't include Nightmare in the equation here for reasons explained above.

About the DMC4 scaling

It looks fine, obviously take out the "Trish scales to the generals" part and Nero scaling to Dante seems weird because the Demonic Rooks only show in mission 16 and forwards or basically Mid-End Game Dante while Nero scales to Early-Mid Game Dante (since the Awakening happens in mission 7).

The rest seem fine except for Lucia and Co. scaling to weakened Mundus as there is no reason to assume they are comparable to Mundus beyond being stronger than Phantom.

V in this case had already been out there for 1 month, both unable to replenish his power and slowly dying out. Not only he was not on top of his game but if you remember the fight he falls on 1 knee after beating Cavalier (which later the manga explained was because of the PTSD he suffered as Nelo Angelo), something that was most likely bothering him the whole time. All that without mentioning that Nightmare literally dries V demonic power and thus avoids summoning him as much as possible.

And even then if you check the manga (chapter 26) V using only Shadow and Griffon defeated them quite easily.
If Visions of V showed that, I see no reason for Trish to scale yeah
Aye, Griffon says Malphas is a pain in the ass and someone they shouldn't mess with on their own. The thing is that I don't know if it is because she is stronger than them or because of her hax or both.

I would be willing to compromise, so Malphas would get a "Likely 4-A" rating based on Griffon thinking she would be troublesome to deal with. Obviously I don't include Nightmare in the equation here for reasons explained above.
I'll concede, Likely 4-A for her and Devil Breaker Nero should work then, although one could argue better feats for this Nero, but I left those out of the equation here on purpose as this thread will avoid any Low 1-C related topic
The rest seem fine except for Lucia and Co. scaling to weakened Mundus as there is no reason to assume they are comparable to Mundus beyond being stronger than Phantom.
It was just for the sake of both being "baseline above generals" level, they fall on the same description, although Arius and Lucia have multiple boosts after that

4-A is fine from the looks of it.

gilver's stuff should be scaling to the demon world(which is currently L1C) not the human world, as thats what the "high 3-A, possibly Low 2-C" was for, he was accessing the full power of the Demon world when corrupting the human world, so it checks out.

Don't know why the most likely assumption is the world shaking when the whole paragraph is about the planet. The world's foundation is because the things in the Human World are weaker compared to the demon world so I disagree with the thread of course.

Don't know why the most likely assumption is the world shaking when the whole paragraph is about the planet. The world's foundation is because the things in the Human World are weaker compared to the demon world so I disagree with the thread of course.
Tell me that you haven’t read the crt without telling me that you haven’t read the crt, the world’s foundation here is referring to the laws of reality and what governs it it is verbatim stated and if you have read the crt you will know that the kanji that is used within the text supports that fact but I guess asking someone to read is the equivalent of asking a wall to listen these days I guess.

Tell me that you haven’t read the crt without reading the crt, the world’s foundation here is referring to the laws of reality and what governs it it is verbatim stated and if you have read the crt you will know that the kanji that is used within the text supports that fact but I guess asking someone to read is the equivalent of asking a walk to listen these days I guess.
Sweet. It's still Earth trembling though. Now go cry about it in a corner.

You haven’t disproven anything, you made a claim and I want you to substantiate it with evidence or It will simply be dismissed.
First you have no authority to dismiss something. So go cry me a river and a half.

Second the whole paragraph talks about the earth. Also earth is a planet in the human world and thus is under it's laws so in the paragraph it makes perfect sense to talk about the Earth when referring to laws instead of saying oh it's the universe and then they just talk about the earth only.

Prove that the DMC Earth has different laws than the overall universe.
My argument relied on the earth having similar laws as the rest of the universe so no idea why I would go against my own argument.

First you have no authority to dismiss something. So go cry me a river and a half.

Second the whole paragraph talks about the earth. Also earth is a planet in the human world and thus is under it's laws so in the paragraph it makes perfect sense to talk about the Earth when referring to laws instead of saying oh it's the universe and then they just talk about the earth only.
First of all if something is asserted without evidence it can be dismissed without evidence you aren’t familiar with how epistemological razors work within a debate so let me enlighten you rq :
Hitchens's razor is an epistemological razor that serves as a general rule for rejecting certain knowledge claims. It states "what can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." The razor was created by and named after author and journalist Christopher Hitchens (1949–2011).

2- irrelevant the scans verbatim says the world is so fragile in it’s FOUNDATION which is referring to the entire universe not the planet, are planets separate realities that have its own laws now ? That’s your burden to prove.

Yeah, telling us to go cry a river doesn't sound like an argument, nor a decent and mature behavior for that matter

Let's keep the focus guys

My argument relied on the earth having similar laws as the rest of the universe so no idea why I would go against my own argument.
Because that's what the CRT's arguments rely on, the laws of the universe being, the laws of the universe. It can't obviously be talking about the laws of the earth because the earth doesn't have separate laws from the universe unless stated otherwise, so it's already implied that it's not talking about the world as in "earth" but more-so like the universe.
In fact the text goes deeper into this by saying "So what would happen to the world if an alien being were to be forcibly inserted?", within the context of Devil May Cry "alien beings" would only mean one thing, demons that aren't in the human universe, but in the demon universe, separated from the universe. So yes, it's still talking about the world like the series normally does, like a universe.

First of all if something is asserted without evidence it can be dismissed without evidence you aren’t familiar with how epistemological razors work within a debate so let me enlighten you rq :
Hitchens's razor is an epistemological razor that serves as a general rule for rejecting certain knowledge claims. It states "what can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." The razor was created by and named after author and journalist Christopher Hitchens (1949–2011).

2- irrelevant the scans verbatim says the world is so fragile in it’s FOUNDATION which is referring to the entire universe not the planet, are planets separate realities that have its own laws now ? That’s your burden to prove.

The world is so fragile yes. That can either mean the universe or the earth. It's further specified to be talking about the Earth because that's all it talks about right after. The earth also operates under the HW's laws so the whole paragraph talking about it isn't wrong.

Because that's what the CRT's arguments rely on, the laws of the universe being, the laws of the universe. It can't obviously be talking about the laws of the earth because the earth doesn't have separate laws from the universe unless stated otherwise, so it's already implied that it's not talking about the world as in "earth" but more-so like the universe.
In fact the text goes deeper into this by saying "So what would happen to the world if an alien being were to be forcibly inserted?", within the context of Devil May Cry "alien beings" would only mean one thing, demons that aren't in the human universe, but in the demon universe, separated from the universe. So yes, it's still talking about the world like the series normally does, like a universe.
That whole paragraph is explained by the Earth having problems because it operates on the universe's laws. It doesn't need to affect the whole universe to make sense. It needs to be too strong for something the universe with it's laws produces and Earth fits the bill.

And the second quote you mentioned also can refer to both but most likely refers to earth as the world mainly because that's even the only place Demons have gone to so there is no reason to assume it's talking about the whole universe because as I said it's only talking about the planet in the same paragraph.

The world is so fragile yes. That can either mean the universe or the earth. It's further specified to be talking about the Earth because that's all it talks about right after. The earth also operates under the HW's laws so the whole paragraph talking about it isn't wrong.
Not what the entire context is generally talking about tho, but it is okay we aren’t all gifted equally in terms of reading comprehension, either way we will wait for a mod’s input on this.

Keep attention to this:
The world is trembling. As one historian put it, this world is so fragile in its foundation that it cannot accept beings that do not follow its laws
The quote directly says, for the first two "sekais", that it has "its laws". Now yes, it could be Earth's laws, personally I never saw a verse where Earth has its own set, but if you think that's the case, be my guest to prove it, but until there, the world trembling isn't about Earth, it's about Human World, as the only owner of a set of Laws for what we know

Keep attention to this:

The quote directly says, for the first two "sekais", that it has "its laws". Now yes, it could be Earth's laws, personally I never saw a verse where Earth has its own set, but if you think that's the case, be my guest to prove it, but until there, the world trembling isn't about Earth, it's about Human World, as the only owner of a set of Laws for what we know
It can’t get more blatant than this.

I disagree because as I have mentioned even talking about the Earth's laws doesn't change that. It's not like it has different laws so using the Earth's laws or the universe's laws is one and the same. Considering it never specifies between the two and only talks about the earth later on my opinion is the thing trembling is the earth and not the universe. You are free to believe that the world trembling means the universe and later focuses on Earth. It's within your right to have that view. The mods will decide between the two.

I disagree because as I have mentioned even talking about the Earth's laws doesn't change that. It's not like it has different laws so using the Earth's laws or the universe's laws is one and the same. Considering it never specifies between the two and only talks about the earth later on my opinion is the thing trembling is the earth and not the universe. You are free to believe that the world trembling means the universe and later focuses on Earth. It's within your right to have that view. The mods will decide between the two.
I would like to say that I apologize if I did seem rude earlier btw,ofc the mods will decide who is correct either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back