• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hello guys

I'm making this second thread because the other one is a bit disorganized and forgotten by the staff, so I believe making this one makes things easier

So, recently, we had two excellent calcs for Dante Vs Mundus fight, were they flew to a Planet, credits for The Perpetual and KnightofSunlight for them

In the first one, the mid end was accepted, which is 4,97 C, FTL

In the second, the low end was accepted which is 813 C, Massively FTL

Both scale to movement, combat and reactions and only for the God Tiers of the verse and no one else, and they are about the same feat but with different methods. I'm with KnightofSunlight's versio, not because it's faster than the other but I believe it is more accurate with the visuals while being a safe low ball, but I'll let you guys decide that

And, well, since they are accepted, can we add to the profiles ?

Oh, just to remind that we have a Laser feat for DMC3 coming soon that might upgrade the low and mid tiers to something likely higher than Massively Hypersonic+, but don't expect FTL or something close of this lol

Imma sit back and think more on these but ,as of right now (I can't believe I'm gonna say this tbh), I agree with KoS's calc since it's more true with the cutscene and Dante himself agrees with it.

Well, yeah as people may have guessed, while the calcs are accepted as legit, whether they (more specifically the MFTL one) are outliers or not is what the discussion will be, I suggest messaging Kepe.

As should be assumed, I agree with this upgrade.

Before we hear "Outlier" we must remember that this only applies to the god tiers of the verse, no one else.

And @Matthew, it's a realm of countless stars, and they are in a place with no dominate star. Even if they jumped to a planetoid (which is unlikely given the volcanic activity and atmosphere), they'd still be jumping from interstellar space to a rocky inner world.

The god tiers are far above to all those below, if the feats are evaluated and considered fine: are FTL and MFTL, it could be possible to settle for a middle ground.

i mean i won't consider this an outlier due to how the only ppl that scale are god tiers as said above just need to figure on which one. I do feel the MFTL can make sense due to how the realm is but eh

Have God Tiers performed any feat close to this again? Like I said, just because they are God Tiers, it doesn't make it not an outlier.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I should note that just because it's done by the God Tiers, this doesn't exactly make it not an outlier.

I agree with this statement 100%. The argument that something isn't an outlier since it was done by a god tiers is very easily abused in most cases. If a god tier has a feat that's still not consistent than yeah, it's an outlier regardless of who did it .

I agree that the argument "it was done by a God Tier, it's not an outlier" is used a bit much, but I still think it applies here. The only speed feat we've gotten in the entire series from God Tiers was the particle beam from Mundus, which was found to be relativistic. Even so, it was extraordinarily casual, done by a form of Mundus with still at least partially sealed strength, and he did it against an opponent who he did not percieve as anything more than an insect to be swatted away. It's still a God-Tier speed feat none the less, but it was not even remotely a good way of determing his limits. It would be like saying Goku is an "average human" in speed because he once went for a walk. And considering that there is not a single other speed feat from any of the God Tiers in the entire franchise, scaling them to the Relativistic feat was far more of a necessity, rather than an indicator of their actual speed.

I'll still wait for more input on this before saying definitively whether I agree or disagree. I'm just putting this out there immediately to say that I don't believe the outlier argument is a valid point here.

Just because a feat is "casual" doesn't mean the character is suddenly, thousands of times faster you know. It's a God Tier feat that seemingly has no other support other than, "it's a God Tier feat". Everything else in this series seems to cap at Rel, the jump to MFTL is still extremely large. Also, the Goku example is flawed when we have more than one MFTL+ feat for him while here, we only have the one. If we have a verse of Relativisitc 7-A's and suddenly a High 6-A God Tier does a MFTL, then it is 100% valid to question it as an outlier as it is still inconsistent with the rest of the verse. Unlike the AP where we had tons of 3-A-Low 2-C feats, this is one MFTL feat in a verse with mostly Relativistic feats if not possible FTL feats.

Ah shit, I left the phone for a sec and now my response is gone.

Basically I was saying that Dragon has a good point and I was giving examples of why this couldn't be a outlier for being the single MFTL feat but **** me, Imma do it later

Well, to say that it's "mostly relativistic feats" is overexaggerating. There isn't more than one Relativistic feat, it's just the one. And the fact that he can perform a Relativistic feat doesn't prove that it's his limit to do so. I slipped on my words a bit on the Goku example, my point on it is that the fact that Goku can do an average human feat does not invalidate his MFTL+ feats in any way. Neither Goku's feats of... well, walking, nor Mundus' particle beam feat in any way indicate their limits within the context of the story. That was the point I was making.

And nobody else scales in speed to the God Tiers other than the God Tiers themselves. All of the God Tiers are far faster than anything else in the verse to a massive, but unknown degree, so there's absolutely no scaling in speed between the God Tiers and any other characters. As such, it'd require a lot to say that a speed feat exclusive to the God Tiers is inconsistent with feats performed by lower tier characters.

Again, I'm still just generally neutral on the upgrade. Mainly just because I have not taken the time to properly consider the finer details of the feat for myself, and because there's still not been much discussion to push it one way or the other. I'm exclusively saying I disagree with the outlier argument, nothing else.

While I think it'd be nearly impossible to come to a definitive conclusion on how fast they were in that scene, looking thoroughly through KoS's version I think it's as close as we can possibly get. It's a good, conservative estimate for the scene that coincides very well with the information we have on hand. I agree with the changes.

Some more things.

This cannot be a tiny planetoid for a few reasons, one of the aforementioned of which being that it is geothemically active. Unless this is a solar system in it's infancy, which it can't be, planetoids are not geothermically active.

The other reason is that this object needs enough of a gravitational pull to hold an atmosphere, one dense enough to both A. be capable of blotting out its parent star, and B. generate storms that can cause lightning strikes and tornados. Planetoids don't have this, and this also is not possible within solar systems in their infancy, as the conditions are too chaotic for the planets to hold atmospheres.

Additionally, I agree whole heartedly with Grath here. Mundus clearly was not showing his full power in the one relativistic feat he has performed, and defining his entire speed statistic by using a casual attack that he performed while being partially sealed, against someone he was not even remotely treating as a threat yet, is ludicris.

The first feat is iffy and not reliable,I don't see how we can even use it.Dante and Mundus literally flew into nothing,the calc is just a big assumption.

The second feat is just an outlier,you need more than one feat on that scale to upgrade the verse.

"Big assumption"

They literally flew to a Planet that was not visible at that distance

And you literally just said "lol outlier" without debunking Knight's and DarkGrath's posts so I'll just ignore

Not the first time dzhindzhloia says something like this on a verse about get a possible upgrade

There is no assumption here, thats a space with stars and a planet which they fight later on and calling a feat outlier just cuz its one isnt an argument either, only the strongest ones get it and they clearly are faster then relativistic

First feat is just iffy and lacks information,I guess you can give them possible baseline FTL flight speed for space travels,but that's it. The second feat is just an outlier,what else do you want to hear?The verse has no other feats on that lvl which makes it an outlier.Even if the feat was performed by the Ultimate God tiers of the verse,its still an outlier.

This is literally the only speed feat we have for the god tiers so there is nothing that contradicts the feat

Plus dmc 3 Dante has a possible relativistic+\ftl feat

Exactly,this is the only feat you have,that is the problem.

It doesn't matter if the feat was performed by the God Tiers or even Low Tiers.

Plus dmc 3 Dante has a possible relativistic+\ftl feat

What feat?

If a feat is performed by an ultimate god tier of a verse that stomps all the others, saying it is still an outlier is simply dumb and laughable

If a verse had characters full of city busters and they have like 3 characters which stomp all the others easily and have a feat well above the rest you cant claim its an outlier, especially when compared to the rest they casual or not putting a fight

Matthew Schroeder said:
They... Clearly haven't flown to a real planet and more like a tiny planetoid, and the distances that they crossed were visibly not stellar or anything like the calc is suggesting.
I don't typically agree with Matt, but I still agree with him here.

Dzhindzholia said:
You can claim that the feat is outlier if it is the only feat in that scale.
That's not how Outliers work. The feat in question is not contradicted by any of the god tiers and is done by one of the most powerful characters in the verse. If someone else that's arguably stronger than Mundus or Dante at the time does something slower than them, THEN it's an outlier.

Dzhindzholia said:
You can claim that the feat is outlier if it is the only feat in that scale.
You clearly have no idea how things work, plus your arguments are never ever good, they are mostly based on personsl opinion then anything

@Theglassman12

The feat is literally the only one of this caliber for the entire verse.Everything else is immensly below.

Back