• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DMC5 Vergil vs Julius Novachrono

I said that there CAN be a MFTL Julius calc like Astral said. By profiles right now Vergil is blitzing as he's MFTL and Julius is high into FTL.

SpookyShadow said:
I said that there CAN be a MFTL Julius calc like Astral said. By profiles right now Vergil is blitzing as he's MFTL and Julius is high into FTL.
Alright, I'll equalize speed.

Every Julius match is against opponent that can tap him once and win. Yet he wins, because of his sick precog and hax.

Unless he can pull off both of them at the same time b4 Vergil gets close then I don't think it is fair.

I mean, with the AP difference like this Vergil just glares too hard at him and be done with it.

4km with FTL speeds is nothing.

Even then this version of Vergil resist time stop meaning only the unnamed erasing attack can work and that is if they hit as Vergil can just teleport out of the way.

Using DT Vegil is inmune to the aging magic as he has inmortality type 1 & 3 as a demon on top of becoming faster and fear haxing Julius to death.

Like I said, I personally think this is spite for what you were talking in the other thread with the OP.

Welp, he said DMC3 Vergil can solo Black Clover so I just gave a handful of 6-C's and later we were arguing about Julius vs DMC5 Vergil. I said that Julius can win, not that he definitely wins.

Vergil doesn't immediately starts with DT while Julius starts with Existence Erasure. Also Julius can teleport too and the range advantage since he can cover the entire country with Mana Zone

Vergil uses DT spam in 3 and 5.

Do you know that the DT has fear hax that makes people commit suicide right?

the SDT form must kill it for mere existence :v

Not really since Julius has only one win con which is EE while Vergil still has AP, and Devil Trigger (And possibly other hax), Julius' wincon is just faster

Epsilon R said:
Not really since Julius has only one win con which is EE while Vergil still has AP, and Devil Trigger (And possibly other hax), Julius' wincon is just faster
that is the problem the precog would tell you by what is his winning form that is EE and julius would not go around and attack with that to vergil and vergil could not attack in time for what is stomp.

Passive precog + EE via time rewind is the first move for Julius.

While if I remember Vergil just go for the blitz and slash as a first move but counters by Julius broken precog. Not to mention it's speed equal

Voting Julius

MrDrProfessorPatricio said:
Passive precog + EE via time rewind is the first move for Julius.
While if I remember Vergil just go for the blitz and slash as a first move but counters by Julius broken precog. Not to mention it's speed equal

Voting Julius
The precog isn't going change much here. Precog doesn't automatically make you faster.

Julius will likely go for EE, but Vergil isn't stupid he isn't going to sit there and let a hostile projectile hit him. He'd teleport out of the way and it would basically devolve into a who hit's who situation.

Vergil would keep throwing out summoned swords and judgement cuts whilst teleporting around the field while Julius keeps throwing out EE projectiles.

It would likely keep going like this with them trying to blitz eachother, and eventually Vergil just says **** it, goes into DT and Fear haxes him.

Uhm...precog will help because Julius can see the future and dodge Vergil's first attack.

Julius's EE is him making two orbs and suddenly explode

Also Julius can speed amp himself instantly with Time Acceleration blitzing Vegil in Speed Equal

Uhm...precog will help because Julius can see the future and dodge Vergil's first attack.
Julius's EE is him making two orbs and suddenly explode
Yes exactly. It will help him dodge, but it won't help him hit.

And seeing as the orbs are projectiles, Vergil would be capable of teleporting out of the way of harm.

How would Vergil would hit Julius who has precognition and can speed amp himself?

He will definitely hit Vergil with that EE especially the with his speed advantage via amp and precognition

How would Vergil would hit Julius who has precognition and can speed amp himself?
He will definitely hit Vergil with that EE especially the with his speed advantage via amp and precognition
Vergil has a speed amp as well as he can DT and become 10x faster.

Precognition doesn't give him a speed advantage it's only a reaction advantage. And if he uses his speed amp, Vergil as a far greater speed amp at his disposal.

Also Julius' combat applicable precognition isn't all powerful. It only allows him to see into the immediate future which his profile clearly states, he wouldn't be able to see every single move Vergil makes throughout the entirety of the fight.

Yeah, Julius' precog, though is incredible is not invincible. Patry was able to hit Julius despite that (though Julius was holding back)

When did DT become a 10x multiplier?

Precognition allows Julius to see Vergil's attack and Julius has a better speed in context because he accelerate time itself. Vergil doesnt resist precog which is the main point

Edit:

Also the summoned sword that Vergil throws at will get erased by Chrono Anastasis

When did DT become a 10x multiplier?
Precognition allows Julius to see Vergil's attack and Julius has a better speed in context because he accelerate time itself. Vergil doesnt resist precog which is the main point
Vergil's DT Scales to Dante's which Post DMC2 amps his Strength and Speed by 10x.

Vergil doesn't resist precog but as Spooky pointed out Julius can still be tagged by characters he can precog, and it states again on his profile that his precog isn't absolute it only shows him immediate futures not the entirety of Vergil's chain of actions.

Also Julius' time acceleration is an active ability not a passive, and if Vergil sees him amping himself he would immediately DT and Julius would be completely ******.

If DT is 10x amp then yeah Vergil blitz but he doesnt start with that. The only thing that matters is the first round which is Julius using his EE.

The reason why Patri was able to hit Julius is because Patri's attack was too fast and Julius body has a certain limit in dodging but he can read those attack.

https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-28856/chapter/mrs-chapter-100178789

Time Acceleration is a speed amp activation based on thought which doesnt require any channel

If DT is 10x amp then yeah Vergil blitz but he doesnt start with that. The only thing that matters is the first round which is Julius using his EE.
The reason why Patri was able to hit Julius is because Patri's attack was too fast and Julius body has a limit but he can read those attack.

https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-28856/chapter/mrs-chapter-100178789

Time Acceleration is a speed amp activation based on thought which doesnt require any channel
The amp is still an active ability that requires in battle activation, not something passive he just starts with.

And again, Vergil hard counters his projectile EE by just teleporting.

Which is one of Julius' early moves and he just thinks then blitz. Vergil's DT is something he will use when he's in a hard fight or if he's in trouble but Vergil will almost never use it here because this fight is hardly call a hard battle. It's a one-shot fight and there's no struggle here.

Vergil doesn't know how Julius' magic works and if Julius' missed, he can go for another one

You have to remember that speed is equal here including reaction speed so there will be a chance that Julius will land his attacks. With precog and amp he can hit him

I don't know anything about Julius but Vergil will almost not take the fight seriously due to his overconfidence

AogiriKira said:
The amp is still an active ability that requires in battle activation, not something passive he just starts with.

He still uses it as soon as the battle starts, it's not like Vergil has a passive to defeat Julius before he defeats him.

And again, Vergil hard counters his projectile EE by just teleporting.

1. He can spam them and even accelerate them with time acceleratio

2. Teleportation won't help Vergil since Julius can teleport too. Julius's precog allows him to know where Vergil will teleport so he will just teleport there before Vergil. On top of that, Julius is very skilled when it comes to put his opponent into checkmate situations.
Voting Julius btw

Back