• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Do Star Wars's high-tier characters actually move at lightspeed?

Profiles like Darth Vader and Darth Sidious show "hypersonic+ with lightspeed reactions" etc.

Doesn't that mean their running speed/movement and combat is at hypersonic+ and they can react to lightspeed reactions? (like swiftly dodge by moving their body)

I'm wondering this because recently Star Wars characters have been put against characters that actually move at high speeds, and have reactions.

Just need clarification. Thanks!

Probably all of those beams shot from the guns in that verse. So this means if something the size of a meteor is thrown at them at MHS+ speeds, they can dodge it?

Pretty much what SGM said. Someone like Vader may not move at Lightspeed, but he could have the speed to fight and react at that level however.

Zerzavyx98 said:
so how can Darth Vader dodge something the size of a meteor if he can't out run it? o_O
Oh taht? I have no idea. Maybe he could react to it and use the force or something to push it back??

IDK, i'm not much of a star wars expert when it comes to certain things like this.

Thanks guys, I was really curious as to why Darth Vader won against Naruto.

I know the punches thrown by Naruto will be dodged, but what bothered me is how Darth Vader, with the running speed of hypersonic+ won when Naruto's attack moves are HUGE and are mostly at MHS+.

The Everlasting said:
It's reacting to lasers.
But the lasers are not real lasers, they are just plasma bolts that even normal people could somewhat react to it

Yes, it was EU, hence why it's specified under the EU key on Darth Vader's profile.

Well, timing the movements of somebody that shoots lasers is not automatically equivalent to moving at lightspeed.

Vader defeats Naruto because of Force Hax. EU Vader got a serious improvement, despite being unable to use powers like lightning, Vader is still able to use some of the more primal Dark Side powers. There's a reason Sidious never really tried to replace Vader.

Even being a screwed up, destroyed, joke of a former self, Vader is still powerful.

True Sith Lord Vader, though... >.> that would have been a sight to see.

Darth Vader has my respect for force hax... I guess I was still stuck on him winning for lightspeed reflex, which is wrong X_X

Back