• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Does Large Size = Durability?

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
What the title says.

I'm just wondering if i was about twice size of a truck (Large Size Type 0) would I instantly get Wall level via sheer size?.

I don't think it will increase your durability, at least not by much, your bones will probably be broken by your weight.

Weight classes in ufc exist. So ppl like Brock lesnar don't fight small ppl like Connor mcgregor. Bigger ppl hit harder and can take more punishment. If I was twice the size of a truck, meaning I would also weigh a lot, more than animals that have wall level feats. So I would easily be able to perform wall level feats. A praying mantis my size would be like 10-B.

You would tecnically get only street level with that.

But for the larger sizes (say mountain level) the reason for it scaling is that if it wasn't comparable in dura people would break apart upon every attack

Being twice the size of a truck wouldn't be street level. When creatures much smaller gets 9-B feats.. I guess it depends on what truck? I'm thinking those ones you see on the highway.

Artemiisia-X said:
Being twice the size of a truck wouldn't be street level. When creatures much smaller gets 9-B feats..
A human scaled up to that would be 9-C in dura.

Other animals have different structure.

Yea no it won't lol. Upping my size that large would put you above said animals. We aren't insects, if they scaled that large than yea, it wouldn't probably be above street, but humans are pretty durable.

Your skin wouldn't become that durable.

Maybe your bones, but that doesn't realy help wit attacks to the stomach.

You would weigh more than majority of wall level animals. Weigh can increase your durability. Especially when you are that large. Wall level durability would be certain. Also bones help with your durability and muscles, and fat.

No.

A scaled up human would simply be nearly crushed because their bones aren't strong enough to hold them up.

And fat rarely increases dura. Its good with a tough skin, but still.

My guy, this is theoretical. If a person would to be. Ignore the science of "it's not possible." But a human big would be without a doubt 9-B.

Let's say you're ten times as tall, the strength of bones depends on unit cross sectional area. Which is why we have thicker bone in the lower limbs than in the upper, since they have to support more of the weight of the body. They would increase a 100 times in area while the load they have to support increases by a 1000 in our case. So unless they become 10 times stronger by a change in internal structure, they would fail.

I am ignoring the fact that they would have their bones broken, but a human bodyy, even if it were to magically not break apart, wouldn't gain that much Dura.

Hypotetical doesn't mean that we can throw logic out.

It can, because your ignoring fiction and that's what this is. Your argument is more for if I made stories about ppl being the size of 2x trucks exist. In order for you to be the size, your body would have to change in some way, making you far stronger than before, and thus easily wall level when smaller creatures are wall level for feats you would be able to easily perform

LordGriffin only asked if he would be Wall level for being about twice the size of a truck, he didn't say anything about changing the structure of his body or gaining superhuman strength by factors other than the size of his body.

If it's like you said, then I'm not sure why he would ask such a question, a human that is twice the size of a truck and that can withstand its own weight is already Wall level simply by walking.

@Therefir

Basically yes, I wanted to know if I would be Wall level if I was twice the size of a truck.

I asked this because there are creatures from a verse that are around this size and I wanted to know would they be Wall level due to being that size alone.

I see, then yeah they are Wall level via size alone, but they don't have any feats that could be calculated? It seems weird to me that those giants don't have any Wall level feats.

Not right now from how far I'm in the verse, said character has fire balls that could fragment large parts of a cave floor but I'm unsure if he would scale to his own fire balls. It's not that they state he can, it's just he never showed it. Another can lift large boulders but I'm not sure Lifting Strength can pass to Striking Strength or AP.

Back