• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dovahkiin VS Issei Hyoudou (red dragon puppy)

Geova2507 said:
ok just to understand here, do I keep speed equalized or not?
Is this a stomp fo DB even with speed unequal?

also in case its still equalized

DB - 6

Issei - 0
Dovahkiin can slow down time to a near standstill with the Slow Time shout. The speed wouldn't make too much difference.

No the difference between Mach 138 and someone who blitzes people faster then that is high.

Also he resists time stop.

div class="quote"> Newendigo wrote: I mean, Issei is not so helpless, he can still use his Blazing Schorching flames that burn to the soul, and he still has his wyverns to divide DB power. </div> It wouldn't work the DB's magic resistance is very high is unlikely that it would work, plus with all the summoned beast he has to deal with is highly unlikely that he would find the DB.

While the DB could basically just bomb bard him with Marked For Death or Drain Vitality (curse 1st absorbs life force and basically makes your body or whatever you have on weaker every second, scary part is that it can stack making the curse effect stronger, the other one would also suck his stamina or endurance as well as magic power.

That's quite scary, battling 2 people of your level plus a constantly spawning legion of unded while your constantly getting weaker than really sucks

And not to mention that the Dovahkiin can use the DragonBane, which deals extra damage to dragons. By verse equalization, I think it can be considered a dragonslaying weapon.

@New

Actually, I don't know where Scorching Flames burning the soul comes from. The DxD wiki says "probably" or something like that, but I've read Volume 21 where it debuted multiple times, and I never saw anything like that. If you see or have seen where it's stated to do so, please tell me on my wall. Thanks. :)

The wyverns are not good for this version, Issei's body can't handle his own boosts (which is why he doesn't spam it in this version like he does normally), so Divide would actually kill him faster. Maybe that's why he hasn't summoned them in DxD mode yet.

If we consider Eclar comment as a vote it is 7-0 to DB (I let the speed equalized)

soo

should this be added?

Well, I'm leaning towards the DB due to reasons above, so yeah, count that as my vote, although this match looks kinda stompish at first sight.

Shouldn't Ascalon and Penetrate + Flight make Issei win? Penetrate is already powerful enough to make Issei hurt Rizevim with his barehands, adding DxD mode power on top of that means even more power behind his melee, then Ascalon will hurt DB even more since he has a dragon soul. Or Issei can just use Infinity Blaster with Ascalon or Penetrate buff on it.

Holy attack only works if it makes contact with his flesh, otherwise it has to overcome the armor.

No. Dragonborn is more like someone blessed by a dragon god with a soul of a dragon, but the body of a man.

Penetrate just lets him go through attacks like sacred gear canceller.

Penetrate will work to penetrate through DB barries, but his durability does not depent of his armor, flight would be meangless because Issei need to make physical contact with his target to use ascalon, however it will be usefull with Infinity Blaster, though Issei will still struggle for the pain.

DB has dragon slaying, holy magic, time abilities and mind control, adding the fact that he can summon a beast that is also Island level, and then that he can summon a legion of undeads + Issei is getting weaker due to Market of Death from what I see = Armor is not a important factor here.

No, Penetrate has proved that it can go through pretty much any defense. It has gone through Gabriel's clothes and Diehouser's defense (he kept dodging instead of blocking it when Issei used Penetrate against him, proof that if Issei hit it would be devastated).

EDIT: Issei has mindcontrol resistance in one of the side story, devil also has mind barrier as default power. Legion of undead is useless since Ascalon is also a holy weapon.

Penetrate turns down durability as shown when he fought Rizevim with barehands, if it only goes through Sacred Gear Canceller then no way Issei could harm Rizevim barehands, seeing that he tanked Michael's light spear easily.

EDIT 2: If DB's first move is summoning then he's dead since Issei would shoot him dead with Infinity Blaster + Penetrate. Speed Equalized allows that.

Yeah, but does not mean that it would be devasted for DB, seeing that his durability does not relly on his armor.

I will not vote for now then, if Issei side has good looking reason that make him win then i will go with issei.

So you won't address my point, good to know. Before me nobody mentioned Penetrate when it's the greatest power against anyone in Issei's arsenal. Issei with Penetrate dealt the same amount of damage to Rizevim when he was in DxD mode so yes Penetrate does lower down durability, DB won't have island level durability if Issei uses Penetrate on him and considering both have the same speed if DB summons anything first then he's dead since Infinity Blaster + Longinus Smasher + Penetrate oneshot him. DB has no answer to this unless he has an overpower oneshot move but then it will be a drawn.

Despite Full's complete knowledge about it they still said that DB wins.

Either way I already submitted the fight.

Well if you're not going to refute my points then you could stop.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Actually, I don't know where Scorching Flames burning the soul comes from. The DxD wiki says "probably" or something like that, but I've read Volume 21 where it debuted multiple times, and I never saw anything like that. If you see or have seen where it's stated to do so, please tell me on my wall. Thanks. :)
That's the assumption comes from scaling. Since Ddraig and Albion have similar power level and Albion's poison can eat souls it's fair to assume that Ddraig's flame can burn souls too.

Remember how I said that Dovahkiin has defeated people who would easily defeat Issei?

Karstaag would beat him to death with just his bare hands by strength alone. Defeated by DB.

Miraak has literally the same powers and Soul Devour (where he devours a dragon's soul instantly kills them, which he demonstrates with Sahrotaar where he killed him easily with that one shout) which via verse equalization would mean bye bye Issei's soul. And Dovahkiin resisted that (He didn't exactly however Miraak would not use it against him in game or in the lore. Most likely he knows that it will not work). He was defeated by DB

Harkon has Vampiric Grip, Time Manipulation, Mist Form, and all his other hax, as well as Life Force Absorption. Could not kill Dragonborn even when Auri-El's Bow was in his hands.

oh and Alduin.. dont even get me started on him Alduin would ragdoll Issei. His godhood status and his Abstractism means Issei could not bring him down even on his first time. and Issei isn't getting into Sovngarde anytime soon. Even if he does Alduin just Low-Godly regens his way back into mundus (granted the other gods let him). And like i said, BRUTE FORCE ALONE.. Alduin would stomp Dragonborn and that's HEAVILY implied. Without Dragonrend and the Prophecy on his side Alduin is the cat and DB is the mouse. But due to prophecy power he was still defeated.

oh, and Penetrate has a limit to how strong it is. He wasn't able to use it on Trihexa's Core or Apophis, Rizevim was the only one affected by it as well as the champion guy.

Yeah, Issei isn't winning.

Mind telling me how Karstaag would fight a guy who can fly around and burn him to death when he needed to do melee attack?

Too bad Issei isn't some normal dragon like Sahrotaar, I doubt he can be oneshot like that. If he didn't use it on DB then no reason to assume why he would use it on Issei.

Issei has timestop resistance, flame and AoE attack to vaporize mist and Ascalon to oneshot Harkon, he's not going to beat Issei anytime.

Alduin was beaten due to plot like you already mentioned.

Rizevim was stronger than Issei in his Balance Breaker so your point is moot, Penetrate worked on him. The reason why it didn't work on Apophis was because he was at Heavenly Dragon tier. Issei in True Queen was much weaker than him, simply put Apophis tanked that attack and survived. Now if Issei used DxD mode with Penetrate then it would be different. Diehouser too was stronger than Issei by a large margin but he still avoided Penetrate.

Touhou ranfuku said:
Mind telling me how Karstaag would fight a guy who can fly around and burn him to death when he needed to do melee attack?
Too bad Issei isn't some normal dragon like Sahrotaar, I doubt he can be oneshot like that. If he didn't use it on DB then no reason to assume why he would use it on Issei.

Issei has timestop resistance, flame and AoE attack to vaporize mist and Ascalon to oneshot Harkon, he's not going to beat Issei anytime.

Alduin was beaten due to plot like you already mentioned.

Rizevim was stronger than Issei in his Balance Breaker so your point is moot, Penetrate worked on him. The reason why it didn't work on Apophis was because he was at Heavenly Dragon tier. Issei in True Queen was much weaker than him, simply put Apophis tanked that attack and survived. Now if Issei used DxD mode with Penetrate then it would be different. Diehouser too was stronger than Issei by a large margin but he still avoided Penetrate.
time stop is MUCH. MUCH DIFFERENT than time manipulation, Harkon slows time. DB slows time.

ok look. i have this added in and 7 votes is the winning number.

HARKON

ISNT A DRAGON

HES A VAMPIRE.

"plot" haha no a prophecy is much different from plot.

Sahrotaar is not just a "normal dragon" (dragons among the supernatural creatures of TES are incredibly strange and considered avatars of Aka in a sense, they're immortal as well, named Dragons are also more powerful than their other unnamed brethren) he contended with the dragonborn for a short period of time before he used bend will. and this is endgame dragonborn..

Miraak one shot a 6-C Dragon. End of story.

also, might I add that shouts are in a sense reality warping (ask multiple people on the site, I forget the correct words but)

ok you know what im done arguing, it was decided that DB won a long time ago. the site's DXD expert agreed he won with penetrate fully in mind.

Time slow is inferior to time stop, Issei resists to it so yeah.

Harkon's still weak to fire and Issei has access to it, even better as his flame will continue to burn until Harkon becomes ashes. I thought vampire is weak to holy but it's not the case here.

Can DB beat Alduin without the prophecy aka plot? You mentioned that Alduin stomped DB but it didn't happen because reasons aka plot.

Again Miraak didn't do it to DB and even if he did Issei has to be weakened first, noticed that Sahrotaar was weakened by DB, he's also a slave to Miraak so it's possible that Miraak ordered Sahrotaar to let him absorb his soul. Nowhere in the game that he actually oneshot a dragon. Miraak would lose to Issei because the other one can fly and bombard him from faraway.

Sure shout is reality warping, just like how demonic power is reality warping. Any magic is reality warping to be honest.

The debate just started 3 days ago, how is it "a long time ago"? No before me nobody ever mentioned Penetrate while it's the best buff Issei has.

EDIT: If you like to mention vote so much you can look again and see that one guy has removed his vote.

"time slow is infer-

I stopped reading right there. DB actually slows the space-time continuum and based on the description saying "Time" instead of "time" it refers to Akatosh himself. DB slows the fullbody concept of time. Gasper just stops the time on that one entity.

Demonic power is not reality warping. Unless you actually affect the working of reality and bend it in any sort of way it is not reality warping. Demonic Force Manipulation is something that was invented by superpower wiki and doesn't even exist on ours.

Either way, its added. May we close thi?

Back