• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 65: Because we still got the manga, the movie and the dub to discuss!

Yeah, that too lmao.

Btw, Hit working with Goku was a little out of character for him, and he jobbed even faster in the manga.

Both the anime and manga jobbed out hit pretty bad, which I hate. But the manga made it even worse, atleast in the anime jiren was shown struggling a little to get out of hit's trump card.Here? Just uppercut's him out like he's some jamoke...****** hell toyo, you couldn't have given hit a bit more than that? ****...

Lol. Jiren can effortlessly kai away CSSB Goku, Can effortlessly tank a kamehameha from CSSB Goku, effortlessly fight of TWO CSSB oppponents, and he was just playing around with hit's new technique... and beerus had to put some effort to one-shot CSSB Vegeta...

(BTW, goku went CSSB right off the bat, krillin asks whis, and whis comfirms he is in his "completed Super Saiyan Blue")

At first I was against how Hit was treated in the TOP, but if you think about it there was no other place where he could've been ringed out. He had to be ringed out right then and there for it to make sense in the story.

To be honest, who else besides a CSSB Goku, Vegeta and casual Jiren would have eliminated hit? He is actually stronger than a CSSB with his new technique

AKM sama said:
Btw, Hit working with Goku was a little out of character for him
And Frieza working with Goku isn't? OvO

Well, all I can say is this. I would've liked for hit to have lasted a lot longer in the tournament and have a much bigger role to play than what he was given. Like, say I don't know, eliminate a lot more people than he did in either version and have him fight other people we wanted to see him fight before going against jiren.

I always thought Hit's hax would be a great counter to Jirens power. This was kind of shown in the Anime (KIND OF) but meh, I expected more tbh.

I feel as though Hit could've lasted a bit past the halfway point. He didn't actually need to go out literally right beforehand. Not only that, plot wise he did not really do much either. He served no purpose other than to hype up Jiren. It makes perfect sense for Hit to lose to Jiren yes, but for someone who was one of the top fighters in the ToP especially one of Goku's rivals to fall so early really was a mistep. Him losing to Jiren before the others makes sense, however, the fact that this guy didn't even make it to the halfway point does not sit right.

Hit is much stronger now than before. Goku makes note of this, and hit explains that he cant just rely on his ability. Skirtless Hit (who is comparable to a CSSB) fights alongside CSSB Goku and they cant even manage to move jiren from his spot. Hit then unleashes a power that surprises jiren, and he seems to have an advantage, but as it turns out, jiren was faking it to lure him into the edge and one-shot him out of the arena.

@vegan gains Beerus actually had to go semi-serious to one-shot CSSB vegeta, before that, a easy going beerus was even with CSSB Vegeta. Beerus actually complements his strength as being enought to be a hakaishin candidate.

When everybody else decided to go shirtless, he decided to go skirtless. That's Hitto for ya.

I also don't like how the manga got rid of the Krillin and Tien without giving them any kind of shine. The anime was much better in that aspect. No love for ma boi Tien. Let's see how Toyo handles Gohan and Piccolo.

From what I've seen I'd argue Hit actually held up better in the manga, at least he got off a decent rush instead of 1 hit. Either interpretation you go with he still inevitably gets run over (as he should against Jiren) so pick your poison lol.

Manga hit did seem to do better, his skill allowed him to out strip CSSB Goku, but you cant deny the fact that it was part of jirens plan so he could one-shot him out the arena😂

So the manga has Jiren >>>> Fusion Zamasu, guess the anime has it the same way it dropped enough hints on its own anyway.

The manga even has Toppo and Fusion Zamasu around the same level.

I know, I am just posting them here for the lulz.

This may be an unpopular opinion but Jiren is the most boring character to me. He has Batman's backstory, which everyone and their dog has copied at this point, and his ability set is very small, smaller than post-Crisis Superman's. Most of his fighting is just straight up overpowering his opponent, which is just tiring compared to the improved skill and hax Hit provides.

Oh and his design is incredibly ugly. It's just a buffer and chiseled Majin Buu.

Natse said:
This may be an unpopular opinion but Jiren is the most boring character to me. He has Batman's backstory, which everyone and their dog has copied at this point, and his ability set is very small, smaller than post-Crisis Superman's. Most of his fighting is just straight up overpowering his opponent, which is just tiring compared to the improved skill and hax Hit provides.
Oh and his design is incredibly ugly. It's just a buffer and chiseled Majin Buu.
Truuuuuuu his backstory is very...ummm "Generic"

Truuuuu his fighting is just overpowering his opponent but in ALL arcs of DB, villains do this

His character design tbh is quite nice to me, they took the concept of the original Grey Alien concept and hence made Jiren the Gray

Frieza is pretty much the villain that started the trend of overpowering villains but he had a few tricks of his own aside from just plain brute force. His telekinesis for starters and his Death Saucers that he sliced himself in half with.

The Grey alien thing? Just give it the body of the Hulk but don't scale its head and you got Jiren.

DatBoyNorbit said:
Truuuuuuu his backstory is very...ummm "Generic"

Truuuuu his fighting is just overpowering his opponent but in ALL arcs of DB, villains do this

His character design tbh is quite nice to me, they took the concept of the original Grey Alien concept and hence made Jiren the Gray
Agreed. Visually, his design is awesome. But his backstory and his power set could have been a lot better than what they went with.

It's not unpopular. While people like Jiren's sheer badassery and strength, he is HEAVILY criticized for being far too simple, even for Dragonball standards.

He slightly got better in the last two episodes because he showed a personality. Not much of it, but it was one

Im ok with Jiren, at least with what we got of him in 130 and 131. But im digging manga jiren the most. He is definitely more developed in the manga

Isn't manga Jiren incredibly different from the anime one? He basically has Toppo's personality instead of the Batman one Toriyama came up with.

Natse said:
Isn't manga Jiren incredibly different from the anime one? He basically has Toppo's personality instead of the Batman one Toriyama came up with.
Not even close.

After the first chapter, Which had a more heroic behaviour (but still cold and distant to his companions) he is every bit as an obnoxious twat as he was in the anime, except even more arrogant

I would like if in some future conflict, Jiren would be used for his incredibly high raw strength like literally holding together a broken universe while Goku fights or something.

Back