• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 74: Broly Hype is unstoppable

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbh if DBS is coming back already that's a bit surprising how quick it came back which i'm not complaining. But i don't need a retelling unless they add more to the power and cosmology which is fine in some way

TISSG7Redgrave said:
tbh if DBS is coming back already that's a bit surprising how quick it came back which i'm not complaining. But i don't need a retelling unless they add more to the power and cosmology which is fine in some way
I think Toriyama should explain the DB cosmology a lot more, it would be very nice.

I'm gonna revert back to the Mario avatar soon don't worry.

MeleeniumRXJ said:
Dragomer said:
Also i wouldn't really call Goku stupid, he is more overly focused and has his own priotities that ignore social norms.
Goku isn't stupid. He's just not formally educated and a bit naive. He has a lot of smart moments, even outside of fighting.
This is basically what I am referring to when I call him 'stupid'. He wasn't educated due to the nature of his upbringing (Grandfather dying, nobody ever seriously teaching him outside of Roshi teaching him at an elementary-level and him often being ignorant of pretty basic or common sense things). I don't think Goku is cognitvely slow or anything. He likely would have been a pretty intelligent guy if he grew up with a parental figure.

Gohan himself proves this with how what little he could rear Goku on was enough to make him a generally kind boy that tries to think better of other people and how quickly he can learn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPaTlgP9SCU

One of my favorite scenes in the series. Goku's power increase between forms is shown by him doing less and less embarassingly pathetic against Jiren.

Base form: Jiren literally does nothing yet the attack can't even hit him.

SSJ1: Goku manages to actually hit Jiren, but he still isn't reacting at all.

SSJ2: Goku's hit makes Jiren's head tilt ever so slightly, but he's still not doing anything.

SSG: Jiren is finally compelled to start blocking Goku, but he's only using a single finger to do so.

Jiren may not have been the best written character but he managed to completely dominate his opponents in a way that was extremely entertaining. Same with DBZ Broly.

true it shows how much he's keeping up but...it still shows the gap between the two is tremendous and during the reveal of using kaioken x20 was like wait woa. This seems to be a throw back at that one scene where goku fought frieza on namek when king kai revealed that goku HAD been using kaioken against frieza when the others assumed he still had it as a trump

They probably don't wanna take the attention away from the movie by announcing a new series so soon.

It would be godlike but I don't think it will make much more than a Broly film. They would need to do some sort of really crazy film that appeals to fans internationally and is shilled on every medium for being the most gorgeous and spectacular animated film ever made.

The question is what could draw that crowd. From my biased point of a view a movie all about Frieza's race and Yamoshi along with a totally brand new form being introduced might draw in a large crowd but idk if it could even remotely rival a film with Bardock, Broly and Gogeta all in it.

For a DCU / MCU class DB movie ? you'd need a movie only trilogie or quadrilogie so you can build up the theater audience, shilling prospect and the normie fanbase.

But for a 100 million budget with no 'i want a 2 billion box office a la infinity wars' ? they already tried with that weird Saint Seiya movie, it didn't even make it's budget back (it only made like 7 million i think, for a 100 million budget) so i doubt they'd try anything like that anymore but with DB's success, you never know.

Honestly, if Toei had treated DBS Broly as a proper block buster rather than a niche event, it would have probably made like half a billion if not a billion proper.

They need to have SSB and SSJ4 Goku fight each other but for it to not suck this time

CryoTheMayo said:
It would be godlike but I don't think it will make much more than a Broly film. They would need to do some sort of really crazy film that appeals to fans internationally and is shilled on every medium for being the most gorgeous and spectacular animated film ever made.
The question is what could draw that crowd. From my biased point of a view a movie all about Frieza's race and Yamoshi along with a totally brand new form being introduced might draw in a large crowd but idk if it could even remotely rival a film with Bardock, Broly and Gogeta all in it.
It would have to appeal to non-fans of the series with a budget like that, similar to what MCU and DCEU do. Basically, such a movie would serve the purpose of drawing in new fans while also trying to raise the appeal of 2D animation.

Darkmon cns said:
Let's be real if God of war is upgraded to tier 2 would DB VS GoW spame come to be?
That would be the most nonsensical upgrade on the whole site to begin with.

and then it wouldn't be much of a match, GOW has no ability that would even give pause to Radditz so it could come to AP vs AP, which DB would easily win given how far into low 2-C they are.

Darkmon cns said:
It's not nonsensical it's being discussed right now, and the way things are going it seems it will ne accepted
It's not because it's being discussed that it's not nonsensical, lots of nonsense get discussed everyday. Even being accepted wouldn't change that it's nonsense.

and then it wouldn't be much of a match, GOW has no ability that would even give pause to Radditz so it could come to AP vs AP, which DB would easily win given how far into low 2-C they are.

2-C not low 2-C =P

Huesito88 said:
2-C not low 2-C =P
Then it answer itself, there won't be match if it come to pass, since low 2 C fight 2 C is a missmatch.

the more time pass, the more nonsensical things get on this site.

'It would be ridiculous if', as if it's not already ridiculous to call '2-C' a verse where mount olympus, a mountain, can't be one shotted from afar and is deadly to fall from.

Dragomer said:
DBS Broly reached 90+ million apparently, with a little luck, it will break the 100 million mark.
Don't think it requires luck. It most definitely will join the $100M club very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back