• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 74: Broly Hype is unstoppable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragomer said:
It's barely below the MCU and freaking Harry Potter.
MCU and Harry Potter are heavy hitters, so being barely below them is being among the highest. Especially when you consider the former iwas bought by Disney.

The real cal howard said:
I totally didn't expect Fist of the North Star to be higher than Toy Story and Lord of the Rings.
Apparently, it makes a ton of money through arcade machine sales soley in Japan.

MeleeniumRXJ said:
Dragomer said:
It's barely below the MCU and freaking Harry Potter.
MCU and Harry Potter are heavy hitters, so being barely below them is being among the highest. Especially when you consider the former iwas bought by Disney.
Yup, which is why i pointed it out, especialy since Harry Potter and the MCU have been going on non stop since their creations (even if Harry Potter kinda fell from the limelight of the wider audience until the fantastic beat movie) while DB pretty much only had reteling in the video games and stuff for a long time.

Also i'd say they are more than heavy hitters, they are amongst the most succesfull franchise in the history of mankind in term of money making.

Also i didn't know that Batman was so much bigger than Superman, same for Spiderman.

@Dragomer And it's above Lord of the Rings!

As for Batman and Spiderman being above Superman, that makes sense. The main seller for comic franchises (and things like it) are movies and merchandise, which mainly sell to the casual audience and kids. You compare Spiderman to Superman for example, and look at the breakdown of their source of revenue, their comic sales are roughly the same. Which means both of them seem to have the same amount of hardcore fans. However, Spiderman makes way more in movies and merchandise which means he also has far more casual fans. I think these days, Superman is just not that appealing to casual audience. It's a common viewpoint that he's too boring, unrelatable, idealistic, and old fashion. And his movies in recent years also really don't do him any justice (pun intended).

So same amount of hardcore fans, but far more casual fans for Spiderman and Batman.

That being said, back to Dragon Ball. It's huge that it's main canon makes as much as it does. In that respect, it's more comparable to the likes of Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Star Wars etc... which have a huge hardcore following.

Warren Valion said:
I'm kind of mad that Cars is that high on the list.
That's because car toys are very popular with very young children, most of those who buy cars related stuff probably didn't even hear of the movie and just see a pretty toy car.

The funniest is that i had people on reddit telling me how DB isn't all that popular and stuff like spongebob, GTA, fire emblem and Steven Universe were way more popular.

Dragomer said:
The funniest is that i had people on reddit telling me how DB isn't all that popular and stuff like spongebob, GTA, fire emblem and Steven Universe were way more popular.
Just share the link.

I mean the Pokemon Adventures/Special Manga is good even though it has been running for a long time. Though the constant hiatus for the B2W2 Arc is really annoying. It has been 1646 days since Black got sealed in the light stone.

Peter1129 said:
I mean the Pokemon Adventures/Special Manga is good even though it has been running for a long time. Though the constant hiatus for the B2W2 Arc is really annoying. It has been 1646 days since Black got sealed in the light stone.
I wasn't trying to say that Pokemon was bad, just that it's the ammount of money DB would have if it never stopped, i'm just talking money wise, not quality (cause let's be honest, good or bad, pokemon and DB stuff WILL sell)

Dragomer said:
Pokemon is basicaly what would have happened if DB litteraly never stopped since it's creation.
Could we argue that DB is what would have happened if Fist of the North Star never stopped since it's creation? xD

MeleeniumRXJ said:
Dragomer said:
Pokemon is basicaly what would have happened if DB litteraly never stopped since it's creation.
Could we argue that DB is what would have happened if Fist of the North Star never stopped since it's creation? xD
Pretty much, DB and Fist of the North Star were litteraly in competition to be the latest 'redefinition of manga' or the return of Tezuka, with Fist of The North Star already being in place due to being older with DB being the challenger IIRC, DB ended up winning but Fist of the north star still left it's mark.

There are profiles for characters with both old and prime versions if the power/tier is different. So I think waiting until we see what he's capable of it's the best option I guess.

Calaca Vs said:
So... what about Moro now? Is anybody working on his profile?
We should at least wait for the next chapter, because that's when he'll show his powers against Vegeta. No point in making an incomplete profile.

So after going to the previous thread and looking at the light novel scans I decided to google translate them. And there seems to be some important powerscaling stuff in it. So I'll just post two lines that I think are important to the scaling.

ÒüØÒéîÒéÆÒü¥ÒüƒÒâÖÒé©Òâ╝Òé┐ÒüîÒüïÒéÅÒüùÒÇüõ╗èÕ║ªÒü»Õ¥îÚá¡Úâ¿ÒéüÒüîÒüæÒüªÞ╣┤ÒéèÒéÆÕàÑÒéîÒéïÒÇéÒâûÒâ¡Òâ¬Òâ╝Òü«õ©èÕìèÞ║½ÒüîÒéÅÒüÜÒüïÒü½ÕëìÒü«ÒéüÒéèÒü½Òü¬ÒéïÒüîÒÇüÒüØÒéîÒüáÒüæÒüáÒüúÒüƒÒÇé

Vegeta again dodges it, this time kick in the back of the head. The upper body of the bowlies is slightly forward swaying, but that was it.

µ┐ÇÒüùÒüäµö╗Úÿ▓ÒüîÒüéÒüúÒüƒÒâÖÒé©Òâ╝Òé┐Òü¿Òü«µêªÒüäÒüºÒü»ÒÇüÒâûÒâ¡Òâ¬Òâ╝Òü»õ¢ôÕèøÒü½ÒééÒü«ÒéÆÞ¿ÇÒéÅÒüøÒÇüµö╗µÆâÒéÆÒüïÒéÅÒüòÒüÜÕ╝ÀÕ╝òÒü½ÕÅìµÆâÒüùÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒüîÒÇüµéƒþ®║Òü½Õ»¥ÒüùÒüªÒü»Òü╗Òü╝Õ»¥þ¡ëÒü«µëôÒüíÕÉêÒüäÒéÆÒüÅÒéèÒü▓ÒéìÒüÆÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒÇé

In the battle with Vegeta where there was a fierce battle, Brolly had been striking strongly instead of attacking, letting physical strength tell one thing, but he had been striking nearly equal battle against Goku.

So SSG Vegeta was only able to make Wrath Broly's body somewhat sway forward but that was it. While SS1 Goku was having a nearly equal match with Wrath Broly.

I mean it's consistent with what happened at the end of the ToP when a heavily weakened Post-UI Base Goku is stronger than Frieza and 17 a Pre-UIS SSB lvl and Pre-UIS SSBKK Lvl character respectively. So it makes sense for Post-UI SS1 Goku to be stronger than Post-Limit Break SSG Vegeta who is comparable to Post-2nd UIS SSG Goku. And the interview did say Vegeta was desperately trying to catch up to Goku who's current full power is near the Gods.

Lol so those zenkais from UI is the real key factor here. This actually shows proof in the novel as well + Toriyamas word

Power level were never bulshit and the promotion for the movie made clear that Vegeta is trying to CATCH UP to Goku, meaning that Goku once again took the lead on Vegeta.

Keeping Goku and Vegeta dead equal is clearly more Toei and Toyotaro's concern cause Toriyama doesn't give a ****, which is for the better cause they really had to jump through loops to keep Vegeta equal to Goku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back