• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon's true surprise: Alphamon vs Progenitus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragonmasterxyz said:
I still never got a counter to Clockmon level Time Stop.
Clockmon's time stop can affect things that are already resistant right? I guess it depends on how good Alphamons power null resistance is. Like does that apply to his attacks being negated as well? I'm currently looking through the 100+ spells that Progenitus has so you might have to give me a moment.

He resists getting his abilities nulled. To expand on time stop, Clockmon Time Stop worked on a Low 1-C Immeasurable. The scan is on the Clockmon file.

IIRC, Alphamon can resist Vanquish Claw, which hacks into a person's body and strips them of all of their abilities and characteristics. So pretty damn good.

Ok Progenitus has no answer to that then but unless the time stop is long enough to be considered an incapacitation it's only an inconclusive because paralysis isn't really going to make any difference.

Wait, Hackmon is the only user of Vanquish Claw? Could've sworn I saw it on Rebotmoon and Leviathan's profiles...

I know Appmon is a different continuity ovo

Because Progenitus is an abstract without a physical body. At best you can paralyse his avatar but even then his spells are done with a thought.

Alpha InForce makes it so Progenitus never had a chance to land his stuff to begin with.

Alphamon rewinds and hits instead, gaining intel on Progenitus as it goes along, before finally finishing him off.

To Progenitus, it will be like getting instakilled.

Being an abstract means nothing when Alphamon has shown to be able to target abstracts and hurt them. Also not having a physical body means nothing to a Digimon who can attack nonexistent beings on a daily basis. I also find it just flat out odd to day Alphamon can't kill abstracts but I digress.

Insta-killed with what? Hitting progenitus infinite times? Because that's doing nothing. His protection definitely extends to physical attacks.

EDIT: The abstract thing was just referring to the paralysis I know Alphamon can hurt abstracts since it was mentioned earlier.

We questioned his protection above and called it out as a NLF & you still haven't replied.

Also, Alphamon's Alpha Inforce manipulates causality and fate. It makes it so that he will replay the entire battle with Progenitus and land thousands of blows, but only the killing one will be seen.

Progenitus has never countered or shown the ability to protect himself against such an ability. It'd be a pretty huge NLF to say he could.

Kepekley23 said:
We questioned his protection above and called it out as a NLF & you still haven't replied.

That's funny because I remember directly replying to you specifically and in detail. Let's put it this way even if I had an infinite attack creature it still wouldn't hurt Progenitus. I'm not saying "protection from everything" actually protects from everything in all of fiction but it does protect him from effects in magic which includes physical damage that can be vastly higher than Progenitus's toughness.

I'm not saying Alpha inforce wouldn't work period but if it's just an infinite number of physical attacks (which sounds like the case from it's description). That's not going to be enough.

It replays the entire battle, meaning every single thing he accomplished in the entire fight will be unleashed at once, in the same instant. That's enough to bring Progenitus down.

You're still on about his protection nullifying "magic" that is vastly above anything he has ever seen in his verse. That still constitutes as a NLF.

No not "magic". Magic as in Magic the Gathering it's the name of his verse. And yes there absolutely are physical attacks greater than what Alphamon is dishing out here in his verse. Like Bolas and the Eldrazi.

So does he null attacks from them in canon? Or via game mechanics? There is a stark difference. Saying he can null attacks from beings beyond his normal paygrade via just the effects of cards is BS. Otherwise I can say Alphamon is resistant to Low 1-C Power Null because Lucemon's Power Null can't nullify his abilities per rules of the card game. Something that is outlandish.

First type moon now this....This magic resistance thing needs to be revised.

You shouldn't be able to null attacks unless you've been shown to null them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back