• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
I'm late, but IIRC it was said the value for Earth was calculated "with a more accurate formula" than GBE.
Yes, We settled this already, right now we are looking for that accurate formula to actually show the results of the higher level of AP for GBE of Earth. And DontTalk is said to have provided it

So I tried out reversing the equation to see what the constant is by 2.487e+32/2.24e+32/1=1.11026785714, and then 1.11026785714+5=6.11026785714, would this be right?

It is for Earth. But what if the planet's crust is far thicker or thinner? What if it's core is made of a different material? There's to many other factors that makes it impossible to get the true number.

Qawsedf234 said:
It is for Earth. But what if the planet's crust is far thicker or thinner? What if it's core is made of a different material? There's to many other factors that makes it impossible to get the true number.
I found this which talks about the Earth's density distribution http://www.typnet.net/Essays/EarthBind.htm

and to calculate the gravitational energy, I heard that I can do this with integrals on Mathematica

No like, the Earth stuff is 100% fine. It's just not transferable to other planetary calculations. Adding a 1.1x multiplier to GBE calcs just seems like a bad idea imo.

Back