• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Edens Zero: Dark Stars and Shining Stars Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Ok, so we've gotten plenty of new scaling for stuff in these recent EZ chapters, so let's go over everything

First thing's first, Sister takes a punch from Clown, and then also takes getting chomped on by a giant dog that is specifically created from Clown's Ether. Sister also destroys and kills this giant dog with Overheal destroy. So in general, Post-Timeskip Sister scales to Clown and she'll be upgraded to 5-B

Secondly, it's stated that Jaguar was the most powerful member of the Oarcion Seis Interstellar 3 years ago. As well, Brigandine states that in the past, he was weaker than Jaguar, but currently his strength now exceeds Jaguars. So current Brigandine scales above Jaguar and becomes 5-A.

Now as we know, Current Ziggy and Current Elsie are stronger than they were 3 years ago and obviously all scale above Brigandine as members of the Oracion Seis Galactica and being the known Top Tiers in the verse, so they get another Post-Timeskip key signifying they scale above Brigandine and what they previous were.

Now here's the thing, Chapter 197 makes it EVIDENTLY clear that Current Overdrive Homura is far weaker than Brigandine. Her blade shatters upon his attacks and she gets completely overwhelmed the entire fight, with her only managing to defeat him by discarding all defense and attacking with everything she had in the brief moment where his Durability was significantly lowered, so Current Overdrive Homura continues to just be 5-B via backscaling from Brigandine.

Now here's the really insane part... Brigandine and Homura both state and agree that Current Overdrive Homura is weaker than Valkyrie... Meaning Valkyrie would scale above Current Overdrive Homura and be 5-B... Now in the beginning of the series, Homura made two statements that Witch is in the same league as Valkyrie, and the Shining Stars are as strong as Valkyrie, but there's just no way in hell that's valid. Witch was shown as having an equal Attack Stat to Beginning of Series Base Shiki and Homura, who get clapped by Oracion Seis level people and overall are just not up to snuff with frickin Current Overdrive Homura, so my guess is that Homura just didn't fully grasp or understand Valkyrie's powers yet at this time. I mean for christ's sake, a child Elsie was capable of challenging Valkyrie too, so clearly this signifies that Homura and also Valkyrie are not the same level as Oracion Seis Galactica Members, so they should stay 5-B

That's everything off the top of my head

Everything should be fine except for the Valkyrie statement, which is really super open-ended in a way because you have to ask the question:

What makes the 5-B Valkyrie statement more valid than the Witch, Hermit, and Sister = Valkyrie statement? I just want to be sure this doesn’t boil down to picking and choosing what to use and what not to use.

What makes the 5-B Valkyrie statement more valid than the Witch, Hermit, and Sister = Valkyrie statement? I just want to be sure this doesn’t boil down to picking and choosing what to use and what not to use.
The earlier statements are based solely on Homura's opinion

The further statements are based on both Homura and Brigandine's opinion, with Brigandine being made by Ziggy, who has extensive knowledge and information about the Shining Stars and what their capabilities are. As well, current statements can override past statements due to retcons and such. What's clear is that Valkyrie is far weaker than Elsie and Homura does not scale to Brigandine fully.

Was there any statements of the Valkyrie clone that Homura fought being significantly weaker than the original? I don’t remember

Was there any statements of the Valkyrie clone that Homura fought being significantly weaker than the original? I don’t remember
Yes, it’s stated multiple times that the real Valkyrie is stronger than the replica, with Homura stating she never would have landed an attack on the real Valkyrie

This is in Chapters 47-48

Are we sure Witch can't scale to Valkyrie? I mean is that attack stat thing reliable?

Also, I think we should back scale Overdrive Homura to 5-B+ (1.38 yottatons) since Brigandine is equal or above the 5-A Jaguar.

She can be "5-B+, 5-A with that attack that killed Brigandine"

Are we sure Witch can't scale to Valkyrie? I mean is that attack stat thing reliable?

Also, I think we should back scale Overdrive Homura to 5-B+ (1.38 yottatons) since Brigandine is equal or above the 5-A Jaguar.

No

No

Ha ha but srsly.

Jaguar was a 5-A.

Brigandine is above Jaguar.

Homura somewhat held her own against Brigandine but still is weaker.

Thus, Overdrive Homura should backscale to 5-B+, just like how we back scaled the 5-B+ people in Fairy Tail from 5-A

Also, I don't think we can use a questionable attack stat thing for Witch without better proof that Witch was only on BoS Shiki's level

Ha ha but srsly.

Jaguar was a 5-A.

Brigandine is above Jaguar.

Homura somewhat held her own against Brigandine but still is weaker.

Thus, Overdrive Homura should backscale to 5-B+, just like how we back scaled the 5-B+ people in Fairy Tail from 5-A
Overdrive Homura was being completely overwhelmed and couldn't even damage Brigandine at all without waiting for the moment where his defenses dropped. At least people in Fairy Tail could somewhat damage and match the 5-A's

Not a good comparison

Witch got bullied by Shura in the Aoi War arc
See THAT is a good argument.

Overdrive Homura was being completely overwhelmed and couldn't even damage Brigandine at all without waiting for the moment where his defenses dropped. At least people in Fairy Tail could somewhat damage and match the 5-A's

Not a good comparison
He was only impenetrable due to his armor. Homura blocked and parried his attacks multiple times and took a lot of hits from him.

She still managed to kill someone who even with lowered defenses should still have comparable durability to Jaguar.

IMO she should still downscale to 5-B+.

Also, Laxus in base was stomped by Kirin and CHC Erza was one shot by Suzaku yet the two of them still downscale.

I agree with Valkyrie not being 5-A FRA but still believe Overdrive Homura (and thus Valkyrie as well) should be 5-B+.

See THAT is a good argument.

He was only impenetrable due to his armor. Homura blocked and parried his attacks multiple times and took a lot of hits from him.

She still managed to kill someone who even with lowered defenses should still have comparable durability to Jaguar.

IMO she should still downscale to 5-B+.

Also, Laxus in base was stomped by Kirin and CHC Erza was one shot by Suzaku yet the two of them still downscale.
FT is literally irrelevant to the debate here

But technically since you can’t backscale from 5-A to 5-B, Homura by default has to backscale to 5-B+ sadly

1. What is Base Homura gonna be?

2. Shouldn't Overdrive Homura be "5-B+, 5-A with [move that killed Brigandine]"?

1. What is Base Homura gonna be?
Baseline 5-B off of scaling above Base Weisz

Base Weisz was KO'd and took far more damage from Killer than Base Homura did from Brigandine

Brigandine is stronger than Killer

So Base Homura has better durability than Base Weisz and should overall scale above him
2. Shouldn't Overdrive Homura be "5-B+, 5-A with [move that killed Brigandine]"?
No, it's made evidently clear that she only won because he lowered his Durability greatly for a fraction of a second

Not sure about "Possibly 5-B", cause Valkyrie is flat our said to be stronger than Homura by both Homura and Brigandine

She's also flat-out said to be equal to the other members of the Shining Stars
5-B, possibly Low 7-C (Was stated to be superior to Overdrive Homura, yet was also stated to be comparable to the other members of the Shining Stars)

5-B, possibly Low 7-C (Was stated to be superior to Overdrive Homura, yet was also stated to be comparable to the other members of the Shining Stars)
It'd be the other way around, you don't go from higher to lower with possibly ratings I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back