• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
So uh...when do they do these things that give them infinite speed? The whole "planned to move after erasing worlds" isn't good enough, as Super Dimentio got downgraded for similar reasons. I guess moving in a rift might be good, but it doesn't sound like it qualifies as a true void. Given that Super Sonic and Burning Blaze vary in speed, they can't scale to their peaks either.

It is probably good if you ask Dark649 and Sera Loveheart to comment here.

Well Alf Layla wa-Layla was downgraded for this reason if i recall corretly.

The Massively FTL+ is for 4-A. The 2-C super forms are infinite.

Egg Salamander and Egg Wizard scale to the 2-C super forms as well as having their own 2-C feats of merging two dimensions.

The problem isn't the AP, it's the speed. Given it's a variable, the two don't necessarily coincide. Just because it's 2-C doesn't mean it's infinite.

Wouldn't AP and speed just scale up together? It seems silly to think that Super Sonic would become stronger or slower than usual in certain circumstances.

Because the only reason Sonic's feats aren't outliers are because the Chaos Emeralds are said to give Sonic exactly how much power he needs. It's not exactly proportional.

Granted, I don't think Sonic should be infinite at all because Time Eater's feat isn't infinite (Tails outright says that they're traveling in a wormhole, not a void), and Solaris should be immeasurable but it was anchored down to this dimension.

Well, power needed. I doubt it would separate speed and AP like that.

Do this and do both of us the favor of knowing that Mario at his best beats Sonic at his best.

I have some things to say and some questions.

- Why is Sonic Shuffle non canon on this site?

- Is the lost hex really that big? I mean seriously, it's outright said to be a continent and it below earth's atmosphere and hidden between clouds. You could even see mountains and trees visible from the far view. So would that be 6-A?

- Why does Super Sonic even scale to tier 2 beings? I know this may be stretching it, but really think about this. Metal Overlord, Dark Gaia and the Bio Lizard, who are all tier 4 pushed the super forms to their limit or needed more than one super form to defeat them. If these super forms were pushed to their very limits (and there is no way that they weren't using full power) why are Solaris, Egg Wizard and Time Eater considered legit feats? They are treated as outliers and should not be taken to account. Also what statement says that the chaos emeralds always matches their opponents? I've never heard such thing.

- Now for the main topic, since void feats like Dimentio were downgraded why are the tier 2 level beings in the sonic universe still infinite in speed?

-Because that's one of the few games outright said to be non-canon iirc.

-What's that?

-Because variable power. While you may be able to possibly argue that Egg Salamander and Egg Wizard are glass canons, you can't do the same for Time Eater and especially Solaris. It's not similar to say, the Magolor/Kirby situation. While I personally think they're still outliers and that beating Solaris was PIS, I completely see the reasoning behind them not being and won't argue against it.

-Frankly, imo, they shouldn't be. Time Eater shouldn't be infinite while Solaris is actually a higher dimensional being beyond time and should be immeasurable, but was anchored down to this dimension and therefore no one scales to it in speed.

Another reason why the bots can't be infinite in speed is because they're both piloted by Eggman, who's very much not infinite in speed.

1) I have to agree there, I saw nothing that states it isn't canon.

2) Attack potency =/= Area of effect.

3) No they aren't. This isn't 2015. Already established that the power the Emeralds grant the users varies.

4) Solaris and Time Eater completely destroyed space-time. To move where space-time does not exist = infinite speed.

Tier 2 Sonic is extremely sketchy,but more on that later. Now the speed department needs to be fixed. And to clear things up, does moving in a void give you infinite speed? And wasn't that the reason Dimentio was downgraded?

The Super trio is immeasurable for pursuing Solaris to different eras via movement alone,Time Eater does the same for traveling to different eras.

I was actually discussing that with Maverick. In order for them to beat Solaris, each hedgehog had to attack Solaris in 1/3 of time as a whole as Solaris was omnipresent through time.

Agreed. The past,present,& future are all relative,Shadow would have to attack Solaris in every point in time up until the present where Sonic is etc. That would make them immeasurable,not infinite.

>Immeasurable Sonic

No. There's literally no signs of time travel in that entire fight. Solaris got hit with the PIS stick.

They were in a timespace rift. Silver has Chrono Control. Either of those work better than pure speed alone.

Heck, I'm not even sure if they were in three different time periods. Solaris shared the same health bar between all three hedgehogs and Eggman and Elise could be heard no matter what Hedgehog is in the fray.

Chrono Control is Archie Exclusive & Eggman stated that defeating Solaris then & there would do nothing,there was still different points in time otherwise the trio's efforts would have done squat to it's temporal omnipresence.

Keep in mind that the same temporal omnipresence should also make him very acausal, but it was completely wiped out of existence from Elise blowing out the flame. Again, Solaris got hit with the PIS stick. I don't mind believing that the three hedgehogs were in the past, present, and future, but not only to they treat it as a matter of threes rather than infinite points in time, they have never shown the ability to just time travel.

It was in a void. The rift was where the cast along with the remains of the Earth got trapped in after Solaris immediately collapsed space-time with its rebirth.

05C0F136-7297-4903-AA32-EB6853FAD4B9
I don't know how the hedgehogs not being in different time periods is even arguable as it's specifically stated that defeating it in the present would do nothing. They had to attack Solaris in every point in time to beat him.

Blowing out the flame erased Solaris from existence because he was already destroyed all across time. Otherwise that would imply they could've just gone back and blow out the flame from the start without having to fight him.

You said the fight was in a time-space rift so I posted the guidebook page that indeed says it was in a void.

It is accepted as a true void though.

Prior to our void standards. As of now, until more evidence shows, DBS's World of Void has more evidence of being a true void.

Well, we preferably need more staff input.

Dark649 and Sera Loveheart might also be able to help.

I've asked Sera (or at least alluded to the existence of this thread to her). Dark's already following this thread.

"World of Void has more evidence of being a true void."

The World of Void being a true void is blatantly contradicted as being such, for example Hit being able to use time skip.

By saying it's type 3, you're saying that has more evidence than the Distortion World and as much as the Dark Area and whatever FFXIII calls theres, which, and no offense at all, is inane.

IDK, You've been kinda condescending since I joined this community. Solaris also used the Chaos Emeralds to reach a new level,one that previously didn't exist since it was just a sentiant flame beforehand, therefore the Super States scale to it's immeasurable.

The real cal howard said:
By saying it's type 3, you're saying that has more evidence than the Distortion World and as much as the Dark Area and whatever FFXIII calls theres, which, and no offense at all, is inane.
I mean, you would have to explain how the Solaris void isn't type 3. Can't just say "franchises x, y, and z do this and that."

Agree with Shadow, also Super Sonic was able to restore all the space-time that was stolen/erased by the Time Eater at the end of Generation.

Back