• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speed is equalized
Both High-8-C forms are used
Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Woman!: 8
Gwa ha haaaaa!:
If this is a stomp, please let me know as soon as possible
Gwen_atsv.png

bowser_the_super_mario_bros_movie_png_render_by_gruydruamarillo_dfmd0be-400t.png

Last edited:
Might as well do this myself

Gwen and Bowser both scale a stomp above their AP values

That being said, she's far more agile, acrobatic, and shows superior cqc skills

Also hurr durr Spider-Verse LS

Gwen wins no diff

This Bowser is far too durable for her to hurt, but Gwen should be able to restrain him in such a way he can't even open his mouth and burn the webs.

So voting for Gwen, she is way too agile and her webbing is too strong for Bowser to break out with strength alone.

This Bowser is far too durable for her to hurt, but Gwen should be able to restrain him in such a way he can't even open his mouth and burn the webs.

So voting for Gwen, she is way too agile and her webbing is too strong for Bowser to break out with strength alone.
Oh right he's a stonewall.

Gwen has my vote

Didn't see at first, so I didn't count it.
Counted.

Aside from Gwen having a huge LS advantage? She has some other noteworthy stuff going for her

While she can't harm Bowser (due to 8-B durability), Gwen's actually stronger in AP, given she respectably upscales a feat above Bowser's AP. Spider-Woman's also a far more clever combat, skillfully utilizing her agility to her advantage and being far more analytical (ex. her fight against Vulture) than Bowser's ever been. Additionally, she'd have another wincon in being able to BFR Bowser, something she actually did to Scarlet Spider, and leading the King of the Koopas into her trap wouldn't be at all an issue for her. Then there's her Spider-Sense, which is going to make avoiding attacks easier

Voting Spider-Woman

Aside from Gwen having a huge LS advantage? She has some other noteworthy stuff going for her

While she can't harm Bowser (due to 8-B durability), Gwen's actually stronger in AP, given she respectably upscales a feat above Bowser's AP. Spider-Woman's also a far more clever combat, skillfully utilizing her agility to her advantage and being far more analytical (ex. her fight against Vulture) than Bowser's ever been. Additionally, she'd have another wincon in being able to BFR Bowser, something she actually did to Scarlet Spider, and leading the King of the Koopas into her trap wouldn't be at all an issue for her. Then there's her Spider-Sense, which is going to make avoiding attacks easier

Voting Spider-Woman
Counted

The scan of him surviving being frozen seems to imply he heated it given he only broke out his head and as soon as it is free he releases a stream of fire so he might still be able to burn free

The scan of him surviving being frozen seems to imply he heated it given he only broke out his head and as soon as it is free he releases a stream of fire so he might still be able to burn free
There's three problems with that

A) The way its shown in the scene implies that Bowser had enough space to actually open his mouth by force. Not to mention, he only had his head break free
B) Even if Bowser could escape via burning, he can only project fire from his mouth. The areas he can't aim that at are gonna be an issue to deal with. Not to mention, Gwen could easily web up his mouth, which he can't open given the LS difference
C) Gwen could very easily restrain him through webbing and BFR him

The way its shown in the scene implies that Bowser escaped the ice via sheer force.
Why because the ice cracked? Ice cracks when heated.
Not to mention, he only had his head break free
the part of his body the flames come from.
I find it unlikely he would be able to break his head out with brute force before any of his limbs for example. It isn’t implied to otherwise his head is any stronger then the rest of him

Why because the ice cracked? Ice cracks when heated.
I edited that part. Take another look

Basically, when he opens his eyes, you can tell he still had enough space to open his mouth
the part of his body the flames come from.
I find it unlikely he would be able to break his head out with brute force before any of his limbs for example. It isn’t implied to otherwise his head is any stronger then the rest of him
I think you're missing the point. I'm not saying his head is stronger. I'm saying that because his mouth is where his flames come from, he's not really gonna have a ton of chances to free himself. Especially since Gwen's most likely gonna be restraining his mouth as well as the rest of his body

Basically, when he opens his eyes, you can tell he still had enough space to open his mouth
Maybe it's hard to tell

I think you're missing the point. I'm not saying his head is stronger. I'm saying that because his mouth is where his flames come from, he's not really gonna have a ton of chances to free himself. Especially since Gwen's most likely gonna be restraining his mouth as well as the rest of his body
my bad but would she actually force it closed or would she have to web it when he closes it

Maybe it's hard to tell
No, it really isn’t. Look at the scene and you’ll see his mouth had plenty of space
my bad but would she actually force it closed or would she have to web it when he closes it
She would web it up. She wouldn’t even have to wait for his mouth to close. And it wouldn’t be hard at all given herself and her webbing are high into Class M, bordering on reaching Class G

Seriously, it would be ridiculously easy for Gwne to avoid the fire here

Plus, there’s still the very viable and in-character BFR option she has

I think I can see him open his a little bit along with his cheeks puffing but I can't see empty space in a clear object
There’s like so much room for his mouth in the scene lol
if it is not closed what stops him from burning it like he broke the ice
I don’t think you’re following

Gwen is far more agile. She can easily outmaneuver and web up Bowser’s mouth. Gwen’s a much smarter fighter, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out how to restrain Bowser’s mouth with her webbing

Seriously, have you seen Gwen fight? She’s easily got the mobility advantage and would exploit the hell out of it in tandem with her webbing against Bowser. His fire wouldn’t be an issue to deal with

Last edited:
Bowser is a character that puts Unga and Bunga together while being a solid stonewall, unfortunately Gwen has LITERALLY every single other advantage that matters

She's more mobile and hard to hit, way more skilled, has way higher LS, better AP, better Hax, and has a solid counter to Bowser's Wincon of solidly hitting her with a flame breath, is more intelligent over all

The works.

I don’t think you’re following

Gwen is far more agile. She can easily outmaneuver and web up Bowser’s mouth. Gwen’s a much smarter fighter, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out how to restrain Bowser’s mouth with her webbing

Seriously, have you seen Gwen fight? She’s easily got the mobility advantage and would exploit the hell out of it in tandem with her webbing against Bowser. His fire wouldn’t be an issue to deal with
He deals with people more mobile then him in every fight he is in. And what stops he from burning the web it is shown the ice initially stopped him from breathing fire here but in the end it didn’t stop him from doing it long enough to count as incap even if his mouth has to be open for him to produce heat webbing it shut shouldn’t be much more effective then freezing it shut unless he himself closes before she webs it. She can’t really hurt him so she has 2 wincons trapping him with webs which I already shown my argument against and bfr a technique she use once with a portal created prior to the encounter against an off guard opponent

He deals with people more mobile then him in every fight he is in. And what stops he from burning the web it is shown the ice initially stopped him from breathing fire here but in the end it didn’t stop him from doing it long enough to count as incap even if his mouth has to be open for him to produce heat webbing it shut shouldn’t be much more effective then freezing it shut unless he himself closes before she webs it. She can’t really hurt him so she has 2 wincons trapping him with webs which I already shown my argument against and bfr a technique she use once with a portal created prior to the encounter against an off guard opponent
Not THAT much more agile lmfao

He deals with people more mobile then him in every fight he is in.
He curbstomped a clumsy Mario that only to get stomped by him and Luigi shortly afterwards, who were outmaneuvering him to hell and back. That’s not what I would call “all the time”. Plus you’re straight up ignoring how Gwen is FAAAAAAR more mobile than anyone he’s ever faced. Again, have you seen Gwen fight? She makes Mario and Peach looks like sacks of potatoes in comparison
And what stops he from burning the web it is shown the ice initially stopped him from breathing fire here but in the end it didn’t stop him from doing it long enough to count as incap even if his mouth has to be open for him to produce heat webbing it shut shouldn’t be much more effective then freezing it shut unless he himself closes before she webs it.
Are you just ignoring everything we’ve been saying?

That ice wasn’t At least Class M. Gwen’s webbing is. Once she webs his mouth, he isn’t gonna open it and he can’t use his heat against it. And once he’s wrapped up in webbing, it’s not like he can just aim his head towards the rest of his body when the webbing is wrapping every single joint

Why are you comparing the ice like it’s the webbing? These are completely different. I don’t think you understand how heat operates here…..

She can’t really hurt him so she has 2 wincons trapping him with webs which I already shown my argument against and bfr a technique she use once with a portal created prior to the encounter against an off guard opponent
Your argument is incredibly weak. It’s comparing webbing that would leave Bowser helpless to escape, since she would DEFINITELY get around him and easily web up his mouth at the rest of his body parts

That “off guard opponent” literally had precognition. Bowser is a far less intelligent being than Gwen and Ben. She could either restrain Bowser and punt him into the portal, or EASILY outsmart him heading into it

Idk why you’re acting like Gwen can’t easily get around Bowser and exploit her webbing, agility, overall strength, and BFR here. Additionally, the Spider-Sense is gonna make it so his attacks are easy to dodge

Gwen’s easily much more skilled and well equipped than Bowser’s prepared for.

Last edited:
One more thing. The scan you showed actually makes Bowser’s case for winning weaker. He started off with fire, only to get easily overwhelmed by ranged attacks that restrained him. Given Gwen has far stronger means of restraining him as well as a way of BFRing him to boot, Bowser’s in trouble here

Literally, At least Class M webbing’s gonna close that mouth all the way lmao

He curbstomped a clumsy Mario that only to get stomped by him and Luigi shortly afterwards, who were outmaneuvering him to hell and back. That’s not what I would call “all the time”. Plus you’re straight up ignoring how Gwen is FAAAAAAR more mobile than anyone he’s ever faced. Again, have you seen Gwen fight? She makes Mario and Peach looks like sacks of potatoes in comparison
He also fights both peach and donkey Kong but it is annoyingly ended off screen and Mario and Luigi amped are both significant stronger and much faster than normal he is fighting someone at equal speed and yes I seen it but the primary difference seems to be web swinging which requires things to actually swing off of which don't consistently exist across the SBA starting location
Literally, At least Class M webbing’s gonna close that mouth all the way lmao
from my understanding webs don't zip things shut so why does it close the mouth all the way? because it puts a cover on top?

He also fights both peach and donkey Kong but it is annoyingly ended off screen and Mario and Luigi amped are both significant stronger and much faster than normal he is fighting someone at equal speed and yes I seen it but the primary difference seems to be web swinging which requires things to actually swing off of which don't consistently exist across the SBA starting location
Again….none of those opponents are nearly as agile and mobile as Gwen. You’re just bringing up these much less skilled, less acrobatic fighters that don’t strengthen your argument

Mario and Luigi were amped, yes, but the point stands that they were far more mobile than him and Bowser couldn’t dodge them at all

from my understanding webs don't zip things shut so why does it close the mouth all the way? because it puts a cover on top?
You do know Gwen can use different types of webbing, right? And she can use more of it in succession, right? Not all of her webs operate the same way. Yes, she can absolutely shut his mouth for good, and she’s not just gonna be using one web. She’s gonna be using multiple. Bowser’s not gonna be able to deal with that. Especially when his entire body is wrapped up like a present

Bowser is getting humiliated by blonde women consistently
Time to throw him against a blonde he can fight... let's see I'm sure I had one...

Here we go! Just have to bloodlust her because she is the poster-woman for world peace lol

Again….none of those opponents are nearly as agile and mobile as Gwen. You’re just bringing up these much less skilled, less acrobatic fighters that don’t strengthen your argument
peach who on her first try years ago completed a parkcore course that took Mario while amped hours of non stop attempts to basically succeed at and before did this non amped at the same time as donkey Kong
Mario and Luigi were amped, yes, but the point stands that they were far more mobile than him and Bowser couldn’t dodge them at all
he didn't even make an effort to
You do know Gwen can use different types of webbing, right?
That doesn't seem to be anywhere on here profile you mean the strain and net like versions why would one work if the out doesn't
And she can use more of it in succession, right?
Fire breath can be used continuously and given what it did to the koopa and the fact she doesn't even have heat resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back