• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ERROR!Sans VS Flandre Scarlet

RinneItachi said:
Is any of that in the original Error comic? If not, it can't be applied. Error should just be Low 2-C at best for vague universal destruction, which is the most consistent thing for him when it comes to tier 2 stuff, including in his original comic.
Like I said before, limitating Error to only his original comic makes no sense with the "cosmology" of AUs. The works I said are the main ones, and most if not all of the others are based around them.

Unless this conglomerate of different authors can be proven to actually collaborate or share views when making these characters (Cthulhu Mythos for example) then it's literally just a composite profile with no internal consistency at all. Maybe if you isolate the authors with the most authority and consistency and establish that as a canon but otherwise, it won't work.

i deleted over half my posts in UT amino, i decided only to return to delatrune and some rare comics, but i keep finding this stuff.

Ah goodness the powerscaling in fan comics is about as confusing as the whole darned fandom.

Planck69 said:
Maybe if you isolate the authors with the most authority and consistency and establish that as a canon but otherwise, it won't work.
That's basically what I was saying when I listed the AUs with most authority/consistency.

Underverse is also something agreed by the authors of basically all characters in it, which are basically the ones I said before.

If we're wanting to go that route, then let's try to do that, and see how it goes. It's better than limiting it to individual authors, I guess.

I think it's a good in-between yeah.

Tho I understand why SCP is also so debattable now.

YuriAkuto said:
I think it's a good in-between yeah.
Tho I understand why SCP is also so debattable now.
despite different canons it seems SCP is more consistent. UT aus are just fanmade and for fun while SCP tries to have actual legitamete canons.

When I was in both fanbase, and AUs were more consistent because of having actual connections (for the main works I mean).

SCP "canons" are basically just everyone being able to do fanfic when they want to.

Arceus0x said:
despite different canons it seems SCP is more consistent. UT aus are just fanmade and for fun while SCP tries to have actual legitamete canons.
The fact that we need different keys for different canons says otherwise. Seriously, SCP is basically Underverse if the characters were original.

YuriAkuto said:
SCP "canons" are basically just everyone being able to do fanfic when they want to.
Thats kinda ignoring the extremely strict guidelines, extensive vetting process, constant state of editing and revising pages go through before theyre even allowed to be posted, and regular deletion of low-quality content

SCP has more than its fair share of quality control, its not just something someone can add to on a whim and have it stay, try to do that and its guaranteed to be deleted

WeeklyBattles said:
Thats kinda ignoring the extremely strict guidelines, extensive vetting process, constant state of editing and revising pages go through before theyre even allowed to be posted, and regular deletion of low-quality content
There's this yeah. However the whole thing being under CC and regular changes are part of why it's not very consistent.

Some SCP were entirely deleted or replaced years later for example.

HyperSsonic said:
I mean Error in the basics could have been without any effort to destroy a Alternate universe. Before underestimating this feat, the Alternate universe in Undertale au was not a universe It is even closer to a alternative multiverse. And in the reverse vacuum the error is able to erase all the parallel universes, which makes it somewhere in the 6D or at least 5D.
What I mean is that each Undertale AU has a multiverse of it's own, for example Underswap and Underfell, they both have a crap tone of different versions of them, so basically each AU has a multiverse of it's own, and when Error destroys the original one the other ones go as well, so Error destroys Multiverses on a daily basis. Even Error has said in a comic (I forgot which one) if he killed Classic Sans they would die too.

Once again, you're trying to mix it all into a composite version of the Undertale AU verse, which doesn't work because of the inconsistencies. That's like trying to say Post-Crisis Superman is 2-C because of Pre-Crisis Superman feats. Not all authors share the same views, so not all comics have the same ways of how the multiverse works, and how strong certain characters are. Also, even if we use the "each AU has a multiverse" explanation, it's never stated that Error can destroy an entire AU multiverse, it's only implied that he destroys singular timelines. The only exception to this is in Underverse, but that series is full of inconsistencies, and clearly doesn't care much for power levels. Edit: And furthermore, you say he can destroy every timeline, when inside the Anti-Void, what is that based on? I'm going to need solid evidence for that claim.

True but like I said before he stated that if he killed Classic Sans they would all meaning that if he killed so and so AU that one and it's multiverse would go down with it

That's a random claim from a comic you've yet to specify. That also isn't a point to support the argument that Error can destroy a multiverse, at all. It makes no sense, and also, if destroying canon Sans destroys every AU version of Sans, which I'm guessing the claim is supposed to mean, that doesn't mean destroying canon Sans will destroy every AU in existence. Considering the fact that AU literally means alternate universe. And in this case, your definition of the multiverse has every AU with countless timelines, which are entire universes. Are you also saying Sans is a universal constant? Even if we said that was somehow the case, he would only be causing a chain reaction, via killing a fodder 9-A.

Being called "universe" doesn't really prevent something from being a multiverse. Billious Slick is constantly called "universe" but is actually an infinite multiverse.

Also Underverse, Xtale and "_____tale (Ink original world) are kinda in this sense about this (also Underverse is one of the main works, and I don't really see inconsistencies which haven't been explained).

The Truce also shows that Error can just destroy AUs however he want, like when he do it for "fakes" ones, believing he destroyed the true ones.

I think that agreeing/listing the "main" works would be a good thing to start with.

I never said it does. And that wasn't my point.

I know, it was directly explained that way in Underverse, which I mentioned earlier in the thread.

The Truce was still made by Jael, though, I think it should only apply to that author's view of Error. Error should probably have a page or key specifically for Underverse, if Underverse Error is shown with better feats or statements than the original Error.

Okay.

Well, Jael asked the authors and they all agree with Underverse from what I know about it. It's not like 2-B/2-A Out-Code characters would be an outlier for any of them too.

Agreeing doesn't mean that literally everything is accurate, for every author involved, and that doesn't dispel the inconsistencies, either. I don't see why we're continuing this, though. It doesn't change what's been decided on.

Fanfiction characters are just powercreep/fantasy most of the time. Not official, so it's invalid.

I can make one right now and call it "Supremetale" where everyone is a supreme being of fiction that stomps everything.

See how stupid it sounds to use stuff like that in debates here?

SchroKatze said:
Fanfiction characters are just powercreep/fantasy most of the time. Not official, so it's invalid.

I can make one right now and call it "Supremetale" where everyone is a supreme being of fiction that stomps everything.

I mean...

You could just filter out the absurd stuff and focus on the well written and coherent works. Not to different from what we do here.

That doesn't mean OC's can't have specific levels of power, or unique abilities. OC's aren't just automatically invalid and unusuable because an OC can just be poorly written as an unbeatable god, which isn't the case with most of these OC's, anyways. It's still possible to determine how strong an OC is, the only issue here is that so many Undertale fan authors have different views of the characters, and the UT fanon multiverse as a whole.

Edit: And in cases where an OC is blatantly written to be unbeatable, such as the original version of Omnipotent Sans (name speaks for itself), Infinity Sans (again the name speaks for itself), the fanon version of Error 404, etc., they can just be ignored.

Still, fanfics are just that,fanfictions. They should not be taken seriously or we will end up with the same stuff that scp that enters stories got. "Muh enter the verse, copies weakness and win"

I don't really see what inconsistencies Underverse have (which haven't been explained).

What was agreed is basically that "main works should be used" isn't it?

I just don't want to bother going and rewatching it to point out a good few of them, but one is Ink's explanation of the multiverse, which is different from what is explained in many of the authors own stories. If they agree with the Underverse version of the multiverse, then it could possibly be considered a retcon, but there's no way to confirm that, let alone any evidence suggesting it, so it can only be considered an inconsistency. Also, to clarify, I'm not saying every author involved had different views in their own stories, just that some of them did.

Yes.

I don't remember the explanation changing tbh. Xtale and ____tale are special cases, but the rest is pretty conform to most AUs I read.

You're trying to apply every time an author uses poor writing to every OC in fiction. That doesn't work. OC's with even remotely decent writing can have established, non-ridiculous powers. Evaluating their strength is usually not that different from evaluating the strength of official characters. And using SCP's as an example doesn't automatically prove the argument that OC's are always ridiculous, and unusuable.

SchroKatze said:

Fanfiction is just like regular fiction when it comes to indexing. Filter out the shit, rate the stats. Not sure where you get the idea that all fics are Suggsverse Lite.

Back