• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eternal Champion vs. Quan Chi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Time to get some matches under the Eternal Champion's belt, and 8-B screams Mortal Kombat to me.

This is Early-Midgame ET and Current Timeline Quan Chi. Speed is equalized, battle takes place in the Netherrealm.

Quan Chi -

Eternal Champion - 7 (Keeweed, Pancakes, Phoenix, Zach, StarSlayer, KongKing, Xtas)

Incon -

The Eternal Champion
Mortal-kombat-x-quan-chi-kuan-1011

Huh

The Eternal Champion looks like he's in an elder scrolls game my PC can actually handle

I think Quan Chi mind hax's but I don't know if the eternal champion can resist Mind Hax or not

If the mindhax is done through magic is probably gets auto-reflected by the Eternal Champion's butload of equipment that have a passive Shalidor's Mirror.

Spell Breaker auto reflects and powernulls in an area around it. Quan Chi's best bet is abusing range but I'm not sure if that can even work for him.

There both just as skilled and intelligent both being smarter than 99% of empires. Quan Chi has the ap advantage and his mindhax can have you kill yourself, but the Eternal Champion can curse him to be stupid , lose his will to fight, and become less lucky over time. It depends on how fast Quan Chi pulls out Mind Hax since the eternal champion has force fields and resist his magic (and mindhax may get reflected). Ok now that I fixed the last post and mindhax gets reflected voting Eternal Champion for versatility, resistance to magic, magic reflect, and curses

ET - 2 (Keeweed, Pancakes)

Ironically Quan Chi's best bet is to use portals and spam melee attacks from different angles instead of opening with magic/hax.

I mean Quan Chi likely will start with melee attacks, but those curses are going to cripple him when they kick in. And forcefields help keep the Eternal Champion stay alive long enough for them to make Quan Chi to stupid and unwilling to fight

It'd be like a boss fight in og elder scrolls, slashing and shootin magic for what seems like forever till chi is dead since quan doesn't have a for sure way of winning the champion can't counter

the only thing new to the champ is h2h and I don't recall quan chi getting stronger in the netherrealm so it ain't like sending him there would help

I also almost forgot they could paralyze and powernull Quin Chi on top of reflecting their spells, cursing them, and ignoring their magic due to resistances.

Part of me wants to at least make an attempt to argue in favor of Quan Chi, but considering this version of him is an utter shadow of his Old Timeline self and largely exists to job worse than Deathstroke, I'm not gonna bother. lol

^ Yeah that's one thing that annoyed me with Mortal Kombat X and 9 if your not playing the character literally everyone jobs. 7 v 1 let's all attack them one at a time and get one shot despite having someone who can teleport them and freeze them. Kotal Kahn loses to Jin but then immediately one shots him only to lose to Jaqcui who is equal to Jin... If this was old timeline Quan Chi I would probably have voted for him, but this version pretty much did nothing through the entire story. All he did was release Shinnok and he died in the process.

StarSlayer666 said:
Doesn't he need to touch his foe to use it?
Nah, he doesn't have to. Like all soul stealers in the verse, they need a hand gesture to draw out souls like Shang Tsung who is on Quan Chi's level so he should scale.

Eh, **** it. Voting Eternal Champion by passively GERing everything Quan Chi does to him.

ET - 7 (Keeweed, Pancakes, Phoenix, Zach, StarSlayer, KongKing, Xtas)

Grace began 8 hrs ago.

Grace is when we wait so if anyone has any last arguments to make or another opinion has time to say it before the match is closed and added

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back