• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Expanding the References for Common Feats page

Atually I tried calculating it and it's way easier than I expected.

So drag force formula is F = 1/2*ρv^2*C*A. If we multiplity it by velocity we'll get power. W = 1/2ρ*v^3*C*A. Let's assume that only 50% of that is being converted to heat: W = ρ*v^3*C*A.

Heat transfer rate formula is W = dm/dt*ΔT*H, where H is specific heat capacity of air. And we know that dm/dt = ρ*v*A.

Now power loss due to drag force has to be higher than heat exchange rate at 120 degree tempetarute otherwise he'll eventually start losing more heat than he gererates due to friction making his temperature stop increasing. So we can set up the following equasion:

ρv^3*C*A = ρ*v*AΔT*H

Now just solve for v which is trivial since almost everything cancels out:

v^2*C = ΔT*H -> v^2 = ΔT*H/C -> v = sqrt(ΔT*H/C)
  • ΔT = 120 °C - 20 °C = 100 K
  • H = 1007 J/(kg*K)
  • C ~ 1 for upright position
V = sqrt(100*1007/1) = 317 m/s.

Atually I tried calculation it and it's way easier than I expected. So the drag force formula is F = 1/2*ρv^2*C*A. If we multiplity it by velocity we'll get power. W = 1/2ρ*v^3*C*A. Let's assume that only 50% of that is being transferred to heat so W = ρ*v^3*C*A.

Heat transfer rate formula is W = dm/dt*ΔT*H, where H is specific heat capacity of air. And we know that dm/dt = ρ*v*A.

Now power loss due to drag force has to be higher than heat exchange rate at 120 degree tempetarute otherwise he'll start losing heat faster than he gererates due to friction. So we can set up the following equasion:

ρv^3*C*A = ρ*v*AΔT*H

Now just solve for v which is trivial since almost everything cancels out:

v^2*C = ΔT*H -> v^2 = ΔT*H/C -> v = sqrt(ΔT*H/C)
  • ΔT = 120 °C - 20 °C = 100 K
  • H = 1007 J/(kg*K)
  • C ~ 1 for upright position
V = sqrt(100*1007/1) = 317 m/s.
Um...that looks a little lower than the one I got. You sure that's right?

So do any of the explanation pages in our wiki need to be updated, and if so, which ones and in what manner?

This is the appearance the page will take once sections have been transformed into collapsible content. My goal was to make individual feats collapsible to avoid excessive page length.

However, I have a concern about the level 2 heading section named "Attacking a Person such that The Person Flew across a Distance before falling onto the Ground." It looks really weird as a collapsible content. Perhaps it would fit better as a level 3 heading and, if that's the case, under which level 2 heading should it be categorized under, perhaps "Miscellaneous Feats"?

Sure, be my guest. I have made some modifications to the page's formatting due to its disorganization, but I was wary of making additional changes due to the substantial length of the page.

However, I have a concern about the level 2 heading section named "Attacking a Person such that The Person Flew across a Distance before falling onto the Ground." It looks really weird as a collapsible content. Perhaps it would fit better as a level 3 heading and, if that's the case, under which level 2 heading should it be categorized under, perhaps "Miscellaneous Feats"?
And also, this.

The draft has been completed for the most part, so all I need to do now is wait for Dread's expected minor styling tweaks, and also await the feedback of others.

This is the appearance the page will take once sections have been transformed into collapsible content. My goal was to make individual feats collapsible to avoid excessive page length.
Thank you extremely much for the help. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

However, wouldn't it be much better if all of the sections are automatically collapsed until somebody clicks on them?
That seems like a very badly worded and overly long title. Does anybody here have better suggestions to replace it with please?

Last edited:
And also, this.

The draft has been completed for the most part, so all I need to do now is wait for Dread's expected minor styling tweaks, and also await the feedback of others.
Will work on it heavily at weekend, currently I am not at my main PC.

I got ideas on how to improve the page in terms of styling, readability and accessibility.

The project is quite sizable, but I plan to tackle it in sections and make progress gradually. I hope that you all can be patient with me as I work on it.

Thank you for helping out. It seems best if you collaborate with Just a Random Butler with his draft page though.

Sure thing, Ant!

@Just_a_Random_Butler

I hold myself to high standards when it comes to styling and I am very precise in my execution. Given the substantial nature of the project, I would greatly appreciate your assistance if you could adhere to these styling guidelines:
  • Translate all formulas into mathematical formulas
    • Which can be found under insert --> Math formula
  • Multiple instances can be summarized using with Bullet style. Like this.
  • The results will be not bolded, and only underlined, the tier will be bolded. (Look here; green is tier styling, blue is results)
  • The result will be in the next line of the formula, to make it look more decipherable. Like this.
The standard of each section should look like this
  • Title
  • Description
  • Requirements
  • Calculation or a mathematical rule
  • Results

This is only some standards, but it is going to be a big support at least.

Last edited:
Oh. I thought that you were going to modify the code so all of the feats sections start out in a collapsed state, but can easily be shown/expanded by clicking on individual buttons.

Or is that a bad idea?

That is much better, yes. Feel free to change it accordingly.

Oh. I thought that you were going to modify the code so all of the feats sections start out in a collapsed state, but can easily be shown/expanded by clicking on individual buttons.
This does not work in the fandom, if I am not wrong.
Or is that a bad idea?
I assume the current sandbox from @Just_a_Random_Butler is fine for now, excluding the styling that I am working on it.

This sounds extremely vague
The old title is extremely long and specific, this can be added in the description.
But here are my alternatives:
  • Knocking a person back a distance before they fall to the ground.
  • Hurling a person through the air before they hit the ground.
  • Propelling a person across a distance before they land on the ground.
  • Launching a person into the air before they crash to the ground.
  • Throwing a person some distance before they drop to the ground.
  • Catapulting a person before they plummet to the ground.

This does not work in the fandom, if I am not wrong.
It seems to be possible:

I assume the current sandbox from @Just_a_Random_Butler is fine for now, excluding the styling that I am working on it.
Thank you for helping out. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

The old title is extremely long and specific, this can be added in the description.
But here are my alternatives:
  • Knocking a person back a distance before they fall to the ground.
  • Hurling a person through the air before they hit the ground.
  • Propelling a person across a distance before they land on the ground.
  • Launching a person into the air before they crash to the ground.
  • Throwing a person some distance before they drop to the ground.
  • Catapulting a person before they plummet to the ground.
Either the first line or the 4th one works

It seems to be possible:

You need to add in every section which are… over 30-50 if I am not mistaken :(
Thank you for helping out. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
No problems!

I need to attend to something else at the moment, so I will catch up to the discussion that took place and provide a response when I become available

Sorry for the intrusion, but would it be possible for someone to calculate and add the LS/AP needed to rip out a humans heart? I think it's pretty common, especially in the horror genre to be considered.

Sorry for the intrusion, but would it be possible for someone to calculate and add the LS/AP needed to rip out a humans heart? I think it's pretty common, especially in the horror genre to be considered.
Hello, I've been following this thread cuz I was bored.

You can calc the AP using bones's compressive strength or using the sources that state that you need 3300 N/742 lbf to fracture a rib. N*displacement in m = J.

It's also safe to assume that the person who would rip a person's heart out would be stronger than regular people, who can break ribs in a rapid chest compression, benchpress 90% of their weight in their prime years & may struggle to do 1-3 proper pull-ups under their 54-83 kg weight. Adrenaline can factor in making people stronger in the former due to the intensity of saving someone, in which average people would be up to at least 50% stronger than usual.

I think it's more of an AP thing since it's usually done with a more punchlike movement.

It needs to be evaluated and accepted by our calc group first.

Made some tweaks to the common feat of vaporizing a person: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Flashlight237/Common_Feat:_Vaporizing_a_Human

Despite the newly-discovered values I found doing a deeper search than the last guy, the resulting changes were so small I put it under Priority 2 in the Calculations Evaluations board.
@Therefir @DMUA @Jasonsith @Migue79 @Psychomaster35 @M3X_2.0 @KLOL506

Would any of you be willing to confirm if these calculations seem more reliable to use than what we used previously for this type of feat please?

Back