• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail vs Digimon Round 2: Lightning Dragon Slayer vs Lightning Bug

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Well, Wendy made it out alive, what about Laxus. Fairy Tail vs Digimon

-Speed Equal
-Kabuterimon has all skills

FIGHT!!!

Laxus Dreyar: 0

Kabuterimon: 4 (Saman, Anon, Drago, Delta)

Inconclusive: 0

X791_Laxus_Render.png
Kabuterimon_newcentury.png

Last edited:
In that case, we should specifically use 100 Years Quest Laxus, as his base form is 42.4 gigatons and his Red Lightning Dragon Mode is unquantifiably higher.

No surprise but lightning attacks are obviously useless on Laxus and just boost his own stats

Laxus typically starts with intang movement to close the distance combined with ranged lightning attacks.

Also how incharacter are Kabuterimon's inherited skills?

After Electro Shocker, Kabuterimon will likely notice Lightning won't work and will use literally anything in its arsenal at that point.

I vote Kabuterimon because it actually is my favorite Digimon.

Jokes aside, I'll check its inherited skills and see more arguments.

Btw, this isn't Adventure Kabuterimon, but a general member of the species, right?

Ok so, I've seen a lot of broken stuff withint the Digimon Physiology and the Holy and Dark powers. Does stuff related to data, other Digimon, wireframes and such work on humans like Laxus? How much in-character would it be for Kabuterimon to use them? As a generic Kabuterimon it may be, as by itself is a fairly intelligent Digimon, but all that soul and mind hax, EE and so on is really broken.

His other inherent skills are also tough, with duplication, empathic, poison, hypnosis, stats amp and so on.

Laxus would have arguably more experience and intelligence (possibly), but he seems to be outhaxed, and it gets worse if Kabuterimon can evolve and adapt, like, to resist electricity.

Don't expect Kabuterimon to go all Star Wars on Laxus. Only Mind hax he'd use are the skills that have mind hax as an effect. And most of those are projectiles. Same for Soul hax.

EE comes from Darkness based skills. If he has a Darkness skills, he could choose to go "lolerase" among other things. But those are all projectiles as well.

Anything a Digimon can do to a Digimon they can do to a non-Digital being as to a Digimon, literally everything is data.

Power Mimicry is a valid option and Reactive Evo is always a possibility, but not 100% successful and can even be harmful if Kabuterimon is too emotional. Don't expect him to use his Law hax or Pocket Dimension hax for BFR. Basically, if it ain't listed as a form of attack in their techniques section, 9 times outta 10 they ain't gonna use it.

Ok, let's see.

Right off the bat, from what I've read so far on this thread I guess Laxus would take the first hit, as he will likely charge towards Kabuterimon and just tank or absorb its Electro Shocker. If the latter happens, Laxus would also get a power increase.

After that, I think Kabuterimon would try to fly or make some distance, as it doesn't seem to be a melee fighter (although it has several physical attacks) and it being that big is a disadvantage.

Realizing electricity is useless, it would then start firing some projectile. Laxus either tries to follow him or releases a Thunder Roar or some other ranged attack.

From here on, Kabuterimon has a pletora of choices and haxes, including willpower reducing powder, poison attacks, stats debuff, controlling gears, confusion, duplication, hypnosis, some weird whisper and laugh-based stuff and the durability negation Dark Crusher that seems the most dangerous.

I don't know how these attacks are performed, although they apparently are projectiles, right? (I remember the dark gears from Adventure 2).

Laxus isn't new to projectiles, and him sensing Kabuterimon's magic should give him some hint, possibly, and his ranged attacks tend to have some big AoE, either the nuclear-like explosion or the large stream of electricity that is the roar, which could engulf and go past the projectiles, out of sheer mass against comparable AP (at least I think they are).

From now on I don't know how the battle would continue, but Laxus isn't going to dodge everything forever, while Kabuterimon has a lot of useful stuff even when it comes to a few or single hits.

Yeah, most of these are indeed projectiles. One is just spreading a bunch of pollen everywhere which will likely be hard to dodge. There are moves like Demi-Darts which would drain Laxus' life force a bit if hit among other things. Dark Crusher would be extremely deadly considering whatever it hits, is instantly destroyed, and this isn't a very taxing move at that considering it is actually a common Darkside attack.

This from how this has played in my mind.

Laxus
  • He is without a doubt, going to start off this fight with an advantage as there is an extremely small chance Kabuterimon would start of with anything other than Electro Shocker or one of its other lightning based skill.
  • The longer this fight goes on, the more danger Laxus will be in. The more time he gives Kabuterimon to use its Inherited Skill arsenal, the more likely he's gonna get hit by say, Allergy Shower or Akuma no Sasayaki which would be hard to dodge. This not mentioning Kabuterimon having access to moves that will allow him to restore his health, debuff Laxus (the debuffs are thought based) or try and spam some of his deadlier moves like Dark Crusher which despite how deadly it is for Laxus, is not a taxing move for Kabuterimon considering this is a move that can be easily used by Rookie Digimon. (Sucks that Laxus lacks the benefits of being a Digimon)
  • Also, the longer the fight goes, the more time he gives Kabuterimon to adapt and eventually resist Lightning attacks. Not to mention, the Reactive Evolution, a.k.a Overwrite can also lead to a massive boost in power so there can be a chance that Kabuterimon can just suddenly overpower him.
  • Finally, Laxus will have to worry about Kabuterimon copying his skills, especially that Red Lightning Mode. Considering it is Lightning magic, which Kabuterimon as a Digimon who focuses on Lightning skills and Lightning Magic (two different things in Digimon), it would easily be able to understand what the Red Lightning Mode is and copy it. Remember, if they can understand what it is, a Digimon can copy a skill with just simply observation.
Kabuterimon
  • Will start off the battle with a disadvantage as explained above.
  • Laxus will force Kabuterimon to use moves outside the norm in order to win and the worst part is that it doesn't know what will and won't work on Laxus as it will probably be shook that its bread and butter Electro Shocker was just eaten and his opponent just got stronger.
  • Due to this, Kabuterimon needs to use its skills wisely to prolong this fight or use the right skills off the bat, otherwise Laxus could just end up overwhelming it, especially seeing as Laxus will have a speed advantage (which Kabuterimon could lower).
Basically, Laxus' goal will be to end the fight as fast as possible, meanwhile Kabuterimon's goal will be to prolong it in order to utilize the right move to take out Laxus, and basically both have the arsenal to complete each of their goals. (Basically making this much closer than Wendy vs Airdramon)

If Laxus is looking to end the fight fast, then he can use Fairy Law to KO. Opponent also seems to be of darkness attribute.

The problem is that Laxus doesn't know how many deadly attacks Kabuterimon possesses.

For I see the fight, Laxus' mobility, experience and AoE would be pretty useful to land hits, dodge and maybe counter some projectiles, but he isn't going to avoid everything nor will take out Kabuterimon that fast, I believe.

On the other side, Kabuterimon can end the fight rather quickly depending on what it lands, and poison, mind, empathic, status and some other stuff combined with stats amps, debuff and duplication would allow it to overcome Laxus, even if it tries to throw random shit at him.

Fairy Law would probably deal immense damage, as it is an AoE that is extremely more powerful than Laxus' normal attacks, but it's pretty OoC form him to use it.

I vote Kabuterimon, who I believes has more chances than Laxus to win.

I'm voting Kabuterimon. After reading all this, I think he beats Laxus more times than not. Sure, Laxus can use Fairy Law, but it's not really in character for him to use it post-X784. Out of, say, 10 fights, Laxus could end the fight quickly about 3 times, but those other 7 times, Kabuterimon's going to prolong the fight and win in my opinion.

Kabuterimon doesn't seem to have any NPI to tag Laxus while he is in his lightning form and considering his size, any lightning Laxus chooses to rain down would have an easier time hitting him. Issue is that Laxus goes for cqc in this key which makes it easy af for him to get hit by status effects, EE etc and his own paralysis gets resisted.

Voting for the coolest Adventure Champion.

You don't really need NPI to hit Laxus, he has been hurt dozens of times by characters who don't have it. It's not like Juvia'a water body, which is passive.

Just noting that all Digimon have NPI. It is listed in Digimon Physiology.

Back