• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Enies lobby versions of both characters
Starting Distance: 20 Meters

gCZXuap.jpg

Wolf: ZKillerz, Kachon123, Da3ggman, Kazuma_kuwabara, Lynieryz, Ryuga21, The_man_with_the_Midas_touch, XDragnoir, LordGinSama
Giraffe: That_moron2, Eseseso, Darkvie123, RoronoaxRobin, Nierre, Eminiteable
Sanji slams both:

Last edited:
Kaku is going to have a hard time needing to constantly break through Jabra's tenkai.

Jabra's tenkai should be AT LEAST comparable to Kaku's own, which has already shown to no-sell his own attacks. Meaning Kaku would be forced to use his stronger moves to damage him to any significant extent.

Not voting rn, but that seems like a pretty good advantage, all things considered.

Yeah what I'm thinking is that Jabra would have the edge in cqc as his iron body will allow him to fight more aggressively.
His aerial movement makes him hard to pin down so I have a hard time believing kaku can tag him with moves such as sky slicer
While jabra will probably have a much easier time tagging him with moves such as wolf hunt which allows him to attack from multiple angles at once.
Also its fair to consider that the amp Jabra gets from his df will be superior at this point in time as he trained it for longer.

Lets analyse.

Kaku can enhance his physical abilities with his Giraffe Zoan DF making him stronger and giving him a long-reaching neck for attacks.

Rokushiki Mastery: Kaku's a highly skilled Rokushiki user excelling in techniques like Soru and Rankyaku which can give him a speed and ranged attack advantage

He can adapt with his Giraffe form to various combat situations allowing for versatile tactics.

His speed and Soru could allow him to land swift and unpredictable attacks on Jabra overwhelming him. His proficiency with Rankyaku enables him to unleash powerful projectile attacks which can keep Jabra at bay and deal significant damage. He has Tekkai, Geppo, Tekkai Kenpo

So Kaku could start by using his Giraffe Zoan Form which grants him an extended neck. Which would enable him to attack from a distance, making it difficult for Jabra to close in for melee combat. He would use Rankyaku, this would force Jabra to constantly defend and evade. By keeping his distance and using the terrain, Kaku can wear down Jabra's stamina and create opportunities for precise and devastating strikes. Kaku's adaptable nature being able to switch between Zoan and Rokushiki techniques could lead to unpredictable tactics that keep Jabra on the defensive.

Kaku wins with moderate difficulty. His advantages such as his Zoan Form and Versatility in using both Rokushiki and Zoan abilities, could give him an edge. His Rankyaku air slashes could keep Jabra on the defensive and wear him down over time. Jabra is a skilled fighter but Kaku takes this imo.

Voting Jabra. Adding onto the advantages Midas and Zikillerz already said, Jabra in his Zoan forms should have equal, if not outright superior AP for the following reasons:

Jabra's Zoan is a Carnivorous type similar to Lucci which is more powerful than other types. Lucci also states that the longer the user has had their fruit, the more potent the amp it gives are. This is important because Jabra has had his fruit several years longer than Kaku has had his. On top of that, Jabra's fruit has been stated to boost his AP and Durability 'dramatically' while in that same databook in a mere 1 page later, that was not included Kaku. This implies that the boost from Jabra's fruit is superior to the boost given by Kaku's fruit. All of this added onto the fact that their base values are only 1.009x apart, Jabra should have the starting AP and Durability advantage.

With this starting AP advantage, Jabra would be able to outmanuever Kaku, tank his attacks with Tekkai Kenpo, and even harm him with his strongest attacks like Okami Hajiki, Don Poro, and Gecko Jusshigan.

If Jabra does get hit with one of Kaku's strongest attacks like Amane Dachi however, that might take him out, or at least close to that. The issue with that is that Amane Dachi has a huge wind-up time, and Jabra can simpy dodge my using Geppou.

My vote goes to Jabra

Lets analyse.

Kaku can enhance his physical abilities with his Giraffe Zoan DF making him stronger and giving him a long-reaching neck for attacks.
Kaku does have reach but jabra has omni directional movement so he can dodge better.
Rokushiki Mastery: Kaku's a highly skilled Rokushiki user excelling in techniques like Soru and Rankyaku which can give him a speed and ranged attack advantage
I dont see why his soru will be superior to jabra's if anything jabra is shown to utilize his soru more while transformed.
He can adapt with his Giraffe form to various combat situations allowing for versatile tactics.
How does he adapt to Jabra's mobility and fighting style?
His speed and Soru could allow him to land swift and unpredictable attacks on Jabra overwhelming him. His proficiency with Rankyaku enables him to unleash powerful projectile attacks which can keep Jabra at bay and deal significant damage. He has Tekkai, Geppo, Tekkai Kenpo
Again no reason to assume he can tag Jabra, he's consistently shown to be a someone hard to pin down. Even if he does kaku only has 1 technique that can arguably break Jabra's tekkai which is sky slicer, and Jabra has already been shown to dodge that with ease.

Also Kaku's projectile attacks are shown to casually bounce off his tekkai so I doubt its gonna deal significant damage to Jabra's tekkai.
So Kaku could start by using his Giraffe Zoan Form which grants him an extended neck. Which would enable him to attack from a distance, making it difficult for Jabra to close in for melee combat. He would use Rankyaku, this would force Jabra to constantly defend and evade. By keeping his distance and using the terrain, Kaku can wear down Jabra's stamina and create opportunities for precise and devastating strikes. Kaku's adaptable nature being able to switch between Zoan and Rokushiki techniques could lead to unpredictable tactics that keep Jabra on the defensive.
Jabra dashes into the air constantly switching positions while looking for the most optimal point of weakness, this allows him to close the gap without much trouble. If kaku manages to land an attack despite Jabra's wild movements the chance of it breaking his tekkai is low. He can adapt his zoan form true but I dont see any adaptation he can make to counter Jabra's fighting style.

Jabra had his zoan for multiple years, to say kaku is going to out-stamina him when he's only had his zoan for a day at this point is ridiculous and unfounded.
Kaku wins with moderate difficulty. His advantages such as his Zoan Form and Versatility in using both Rokushiki and Zoan abilities, could give him an edge. His Rankyaku air slashes could keep Jabra on the defensive and wear him down over time. Jabra is a skilled fighter but Kaku takes this imo.
Moderate difficulty is craazy. Even I think Jabra wins with high diff.

Last edited:
Voting Jabra. Adding onto the advantages Midas and Zikillerz already said, Jabra in his Zoan forms should have equal, if not outright superior AP for the following reasons:

Jabra's Zoan is a Carnivorous type similar to Lucci which is more powerful than other types. Lucci also states that the longer the user has had their fruit, the more potent the amp it gives are. This is important because Jabra has had his fruit several years longer than Kaku has had his. On top of that, Jabra's fruit has been stated to boost his AP and Durability 'dramatically' while in that same databook in a mere 1 page later, that was not included Kaku. This implies that the boost from Jabra's fruit is superior to the boost given by Kaku's fruit. All of this added onto the fact that their base values are only 1.009x apart, Jabra should have the starting AP and Durability advantage.

With this starting AP advantage, Jabra would be able to outmanuever Kaku, tank his attacks with Tekkai Kenpo, and even harm him with his strongest attacks like Okami Hajiki, Don Poro, and Gecko Jusshigan.

If Jabra does get hit with one of Kaku's strongest attacks like Amane Dachi however, that might take him out, or at least close to that. The issue with that is that Amane Dachi has a huge wind-up time, and Jabra can simpy dodge my using Geppou.

My vote goes to Jabra
While Jabra's Zoan may provide a significant boost in AP and Dura, Kaku's Zoan form offers him unique advantages including an extended neck for long reaching attacks and adaptability. His Zoan form can allow him maintain a distance and control the battlefield. His mastery of Rokushiki, especially his Rankyaku, could be a key factor. By creating air slashes he can maintain pressure on Jabra, making it difficult for him to approach or counter attack effectively. His versatility could compensate for an AP disadvantage. Kaku's Tekkai Kenpo provides him a strong defense. If Jabra relies on his Zoan's Dura to tank attacks, Kaku's precise Rokushiki might exploit this, aiming for weaknesses or unguarded areas. His Tekkai Kenpo could make it challenging for Jabra to land decisive blows. Also Kaku's Unpredictability and Creativity with his ability to switch between Zoan and Rokushiki forms could lead to unexpected attacks and counters, surprising Jabra during the fight. While Jabra MIGHT have the advantage in AP and Dura, Kaku's adaptability and versatility could help him compensate for this deficit.

Jabra per Kachon's reasoning has higher Zoan-to-Zoan AP/durability, and a better close range fighter.

Kaku is more serious, has arguably a better Tekkai (literally let him no-sell his own Rokushiki attacks), has a stronger Rokushiki plus Yontoryu, with Yontoryu evening the odds at close range (as seen with Zoro, since Zoro matched Hybrid Kaku but was badly overpowered by Hybrid Yontoryu).

Voting Kaku high-diff.

He's more serious, much better at thinking on the fly, has better Tekkai and overall Rokushiki, can fight up-close with Yontoryu, is more versatile, and dominates the range game.

While Jabra's Zoan may provide a significant boost in AP and Dura, Kaku's Zoan form offers him unique advantages including an extended neck for long reaching attacks and adaptability. His Zoan form can allow him maintain a distance and control the battlefield.
This is the main reason I think its a hard fight, Kaku having long range and higher dc will make it hard for Jabra to close the gap. However I still think he can since he'll be moving with tekkai so anything that tags him he should be capable of withstanding (outside of kaku's strongest attacks which he will probably dodge)
His mastery of Rokushiki, especially his Rankyaku, could be a key factor. By creating air slashes he can maintain pressure on Jabra, making it difficult for him to approach or counter attack effectively.
The reason why I think his tempest kicks post little threat to Jabra is because Kaku is shown to be capable of tanking multiple of his own tempest kicks with his iron body with legit zero damage. Due to this I don't imagine the ap of this attack is enough to damage Jabra who should be constantly using tekkai. Making it practically useless.

TFYkQIX.png

His versatility could compensate for an AP disadvantage.
True
Kaku's Tekkai Kenpo provides him a strong defense.
True but he cant use it while in combat
If Jabra relies on his Zoan's Dura to tank attacks, Kaku's precise Rokushiki might exploit this, aiming for weaknesses or unguarded areas.
Jabra can apply his Tekkai to his entire body, There is barely any weak points.
His Tekkai Kenpo could make it challenging for Jabra to land decisive blows. Also Kaku's Unpredictability and Creativity with his ability to switch between Zoan and Rokushiki forms could lead to unexpected attacks and counters, surprising Jabra during the fight. While Jabra MIGHT have the advantage in AP and Dura, Kaku's adaptability and versatility could help him compensate for this deficit.
Valid points I already said how I think the matchup will play out so it just comes down to what you think is better, versatility and range vs stats and mobility

His speed and Soru could allow him to land swift and unpredictable attacks on Jabra overwhelming him
Jabra is more mobile and is likely faster than Kaku when they're both in their Zoan forms.
His proficiency with Rankyaku enables him to unleash powerful projectile attacks which can keep Jabra at bay and deal significant damage
The same goes for Jabra, who also often uses Rankyaku.
He has Tekkai, Geppo, Tekkai Kenpo
Kaku does not have Tekkai Kenpo.
His speed and Soru could allow him to land swift and unpredictable attacks on Jabra overwhelming him
Kaku rarely does this in his Zoan form. He usually just uses his long neck to try to catch his enemies off-guard or use his neck to lunge at his opponents more times than not. Even when he uses his blades, he rarely goes for for Soru. He's only done this once, and it was a frontal attack that got blocked by Zoro, not proving that they're unpredictable in the slightest.

Jabra on the other hand uses his Soru several times in his fights to either catch his enemies by surprise or to up the pressure. Jabra also uses Soru in conjuncture with Rankyaku to avoid enemy attacks and blindsight them to set up for an even stronger attack. Jabra also rarely lets up after doing an attack, and often uses one attack to set up the next, which sets up the next, and so on and so forth, barely giving the enemy a chance to breath as shown here where he chased Sanji down after already hitting him with a Don Poro and hit him with Lupus Fall.
By keeping his distance and using the terrain, Kaku can wear down Jabra's stamina and create opportunities for precise and devastating strikes
Unless Kaku uses his strongest attacks, nothing will damage Jabra while he's using Tekkai Kenpo, let alone eat away at his stamina. Attacks like these just aren't going to cut it (pun intended).

Kaku does have reach but jabra has omni directional movement so he can dodge better.

I dont see why his soru will be superior to jabra's if anything jabra is shown to utilize his soru more while transformed.

How does he adapt to Jabra's mobility and fighting style?

Again no reason to assume he can tag Jabra, he's consistently shown to be a someone hard to pin down. Even if he does kaku only has 1 technique that can arguably break Jabra's tekkai which is sky slicer, and Jabra has already been shown to dodge that with ease.

Also Kaku's projectile attacks are shown to casually bounce off his tekkai so I doubt its gonna deal significant damage to Jabra's tekkai.

Jabra dashes into the air constantly switching positions while looking for the most optimal point of weakness, this allows him to close the gap without much trouble. If kaku manages to land an attack despite Jabra's wild movements the chance of it breaking his tekkai is low. He can adapt his zoan form true but I dont see any adaptation he can make to counter Jabra's fighting style.

Jabra had his zoan for multiple years, to say kaku is going to out-stamina him when he's only had his zoan for a day at this point is ridiculous and unfounded.

Moderate difficulty is craazy. Even I think Jabra wins with high diff.
While Jabra might use Soru more frequently in his Zoan form, Kaku's adaptability in switching between Zoan and Rokushiki forms provides an element of surprise. Kaku can catch Jabra off guard by alternating between Zoan and Soru enhanced Rokushiki movements, making it difficult for Jabra to predict his actions.

You mentioned that Kaku's projectile attacks may bounce off Jabra's Tekkai. While this is a good point, Kaku can still use these attacks strategically to disrupt Jabra's movements and create opprtunities for more focused attacks. The bouncing projectiles could serve as a distraction, allowing Kaku to capitalize on Jabra's momentary lapses in defense.

Jabra's experience with his Zoan is indeed an advantage ofc. But still Kaku's adaptability can come into play not just for countering Jabra's fighting style but for enduring a prolonged battle. While Jabra maybe has the initial AP advantage. Kaku's Dura and defense coupled with his adaptability, could allow him to maintain a prplonged fight aiming to outlast Jabra.

Even tho Jabra's mobility and experience are clear. Kaku's adaptability and versatility could make the difference and Kaku's capacity to switch between forms and techniques would help Kaku come out victorious

The reason why I think his tempest kicks post little threat to Jabra is because Kaku is shown to be capable of tanking multiple of his own tempest kicks with his iron body with legit zero damage. Due to this I don't imagine the ap of this attack is enough to damage Jabra who should be constantly using tekkai. Making it practically useless.

TFYkQIX.png
That's more of a durability feat for Kaku's own Tekkai, especially since we see it badly hurt Zoro.

That's more of a durability feat for Kaku's own Tekkai, especially since we see it badly hurt Zoro.
They badly hurt Zoro because:

A. They're slicing attacks and Zoro has human physiology
B. There are possibly hundreds of attacks, so a multitude minor injuries would look like several major injuries

We see Zoro easily being able to deflect the attack itself until it overwhelmed him from sheer numbers.

Still a better showing than Jabra's Tekkai.

Defensively, that is.

I will say that Jabra can activate his instantly, Kaku can't.

Even with Tekkai, Jabra was still getting hurt by Sanji IIRC, albeit not as much as before.
Jabra using Tekkai could tank several kicks from Sanji while only feeling it a little bit. That same Sanji could clash with one of Jabra's strongest attacks with a regular kick.

Using Tekkai Kenpo to block, Jabra completely no-sold a Veau Vegeance, which was one of Sanji's stronger attacks at the time.

Jabra per Kachon's reasoning has higher Zoan-to-Zoan AP/durability, and a better close range fighter.

Kaku is more serious, has arguably a better Tekkai (literally let him no-sell his own Rokushiki attacks), has a stronger Rokushiki plus Yontoryu, with Yontoryu evening the odds at close range (as seen with Zoro, since Zoro matched Hybrid Kaku but was badly overpowered by Hybrid Yontoryu).
I dont think Jabra actually lacks seriousness, people call him goofy for that stunt he tried to play but that was genuinely a tactic that worked on usopp XD. Even if Kaku can close the gap between the stats with his abilities Jabra can still amp himself further with his techniques.

Sanji was also shown matching Jabra's Hybrid but was also badly overpowered by his kung fu.

Sanji matching Jabra's regular cqc:

Uy7NKKa.png

Sanji trying to do the same to Jabra when he uses his kung fu:

jVnOMZE.png

He's more serious, much better at thinking on the fly, has better Tekkai and overall Rokushiki, can fight up-close with Yontoryu, is more versatile, and dominates the range game.
I dont see why him tanking his own tempest kicks equate to him having better tekai but cool. Jabra doesn't really lack seriousness in combat at least it doesn't hinder him.

Still a better showing than Jabra's Tekkai.

Defensively, that is.

I will say that Jabra can activate his instantly, Kaku can't.
Read my latest post. It's nowhere near a better showing.

Saying that Kaku's Tekkai is better than Jabra's based on him tanking one of his own Rokushiki attacks without looking at the context is coming off as a bit disingenuous to me.

Zoro could harm Kaku through his Tekkai with a Tatsumaki. That same Zoro was able to clash with Kaku's Rokushiki attacks on several occasions.

Zoro >~ Kaku's Rokushiki attacks ~ Kaku's Tekkai > Giraffe Shower.

We know Giraffe Shower is nowhere close Kaku's regular Rokushiki attacks based on how easily Zoro swatted them away compared to the genuine clashes he had with Kaku earlier and later on.

I just see it as Jabra and Kaku's dura with tekkai >>> Zoro's dura
I dont think that Kaku would have better tekkai doesn't make sense to me tbh.

Jabra is more mobile and is likely faster than Kaku when they're both in their Zoan forms.

The same goes for Jabra, who also often uses Rankyaku.

Kaku does not have Tekkai Kenpo.

Kaku rarely does this in his Zoan form. He usually just uses his long neck to try to catch his enemies off-guard or use his neck to lunge at his opponents more times than not. Even when he uses his blades, he rarely goes for for Soru. He's only done this once, and it was a frontal attack that got blocked by Zoro, not proving that they're unpredictable in the slightest.

Jabra on the other hand uses his Soru several times in his fights to either catch his enemies by surprise or to up the pressure. Jabra also uses Soru in conjuncture with Rankyaku to avoid enemy attacks and blindsight them to set up for an even stronger attack. Jabra also rarely lets up after doing an attack, and often uses one attack to set up the next, which sets up the next, and so on and so forth, barely giving the enemy a chance to breath as shown here where he chased Sanji down after already hitting him with a Don Poro and hit him with Lupus Fall.

Unless Kaku uses his strongest attacks, nothing will damage Jabra while he's using Tekkai Kenpo, let alone eat away at his stamina. Attacks like these just aren't going to cut it (pun intended).
Jabra's mobility and speed in his Zoan are indeed strong points in his favor like i adressed above. However, Kaku's adaptability and versatility are key assets that he can use. While Jabra may be faster, Kaku's ability to switch between forms can provide him with the opportunity to create a situation in which he can land significant blows.

Yes Jabra's Soru is an advantage, no doubt. But Kaku which is also proficient in Soru, could capitalize on its unpredictability by incorporating it more effectively into his tactics. Using Soru in combination with his Zoan Form could give Kaku an edge in controlling the battle and surprising Jabra.

Nvm my bad i rechecked. Even tho Kaku doesn't have Tekkai Kenpo his proficiency in Tekkai, combined with his Rokushiki abilities could still offer him defensive capabilities. Those techniques can be used to withstand Jabra's attacks and find ways for counterattacks.

You highlighted that Kaku's attacks might not damage effectively while he's using Tekkai Kenpo. Still his versatility could allow him to create situations where Jabra is temporarily caught off guard or pressured, enabling Kaku to land stronger and more precise attacks.

As Kachon pointed out both zoro and sanji can slightly damage kaku and jabra with their tekkai so its not particularly an anti feat for either
Also him tanking his giraffe shower can simply be an anti feat for that move rather than suggest he has better tekkai than Jabra.

Yeah true
Both have hybrid amps and both can amp them further with techniques.
Their uses of Rankyaku are similar and both have their own style of attack

Jabra still has a huge advantage by using tekkai during combat which why I think he edges out.

Jabra's mobility and speed in his Zoan are indeed strong points in his favor like i adressed above. However, Kaku's adaptability and versatility are key assets that he can use. While Jabra may be faster, Kaku's ability to switch between forms can provide him with the opportunity to create a situation in which he can land significant blows.
I completely disagree with this. Without using his strongest attacks, which all have significant windup time, he would not be able to break through Jabra's Tekkai Kenpo. No matter if he manages to catch Jabra off-guard or not with his attacks, he'd just be able to tank Kaku's attacks unless he uses the stronger ones.
Yes Jabra's Soru is an advantage, no doubt. But Kaku which is also proficient in Soru, could capitalize on its unpredictability by incorporating it more effectively into his tactics
Kaku has never done this once, while Jabra has. Stop giving Kaku abilities or tactics that he hasn't shown while not acknowledging that Jabra has done the exact same thing that you're claiming that Kaku does.
proficiency in Tekkai, combined with his Rokushiki abilities could still offer him defensive capabilities. Those techniques can be used to withstand Jabra's attacks and find ways for counterattacks.
I don't doubt that he could, but the fact that Kaku needs to stand still in order to do this while Jabra doesn't and can also use it to amp both his offense and defense at the same time means that Kaku would just be putting himself in a worse position trying to use Tekkai in this fight up close.
You highlighted that Kaku's attacks might not damage effectively while he's using Tekkai Kenpo. Still his versatility could allow him to create situations where Jabra is temporarily caught off guard or pressured, enabling Kaku to land stronger and more precise attacks.
His versatility including what exactly? You're claiming that Kaku is versatile to the point where he can do all of these things but you're not elaborating on what Kaku's versatility entails and how he would catch Jabra off-guard.

I've mentioned how Jabra can do that to Kaku here...
Jabra on the other hand uses his Soru several times in his fights to either catch his enemies by surprise or to up the pressure. Jabra also uses Soru in conjuncture with Rankyaku to avoid enemy attacks and blindsight them to set up for an even stronger attack.
but I'm yet to see you do the same.

Jabra's Zoan is a Carnivorous type similar to Lucci which is more powerful than other types.
Neutral on this.
Just from the first scan, Chopper mentions that Carnivorous types are "ferocious", Lucci says that Zoan-types are the strongest types, not "Carnivorous type Zoans".
Lucci also states that the longer the user has had their fruit, the more potent the amp it gives are. This is important because Jabra has had his fruit several years longer than Kaku has had his.
I agree. Though I think if anything, that'd mean he has more experience not so much that his Zoan amp is "much" stronger than Kaku's. While I do think it's possible (see above), if anything, I think it's more impressive that Kaku with his fruit, with less training, and less experience, was able to match Zoro, who's comparable to Base Sanji, who is comparable to Hybrid Jabra.

So that's why I think this point isn't really that important towards AP, but definitely towards experience. Kaku's is FAR more impressive due to the amount of time he actually had the fruit, the fact that he was able to incorporate Rokushiki and 4ss with his fruit and his showings against Zoro.
On top of that, Jabra's fruit has been stated to boost his AP and Durability 'dramatically' while in that same databook in a mere 1 page later, that was not included Kaku. This implies that the boost from Jabra's fruit is superior to the boost given by Kaku's fruit.
As I said above, I don't think this specific comparison holds, since Kaku was able to tangle with Zoro, who's comparable to Sanji, who's comparable to Jabra. So even though yes, the databook does specify the "dramatics" of Jabra's fruit amp, I think Kaku's showings are definitely more impressive.
All of this added onto the fact that their base values are only 1.009x apart, Jabra should have the starting AP and Durability advantage.
Wait does he?? Did you mean Kaku? I thought Kaku was stronger? Regardless, the advantage is so minor, they're as good as equals here afaik lol
With this starting AP advantage, Jabra would be able to outmanuever Kaku
not with that meaningless advantage lol, also he's perfectly able to dodge attacks just like he's done against Zoro
tank his attacks with Tekkai Kenpo, and even harm him with his strongest attacks like Okami Hajiki, Don Poro, and Gecko Jusshigan.
Agreed.

I'll send my reasoning for who wins and why in a bit.

I completely disagree with this. Without using his strongest attacks, which all have significant windup time, he would not be able to break through Jabra's Tekkai Kenpo. No matter if he manages to catch Jabra off-guard or not with his attacks, he'd just be able to tank Kaku's attacks unless he uses the stronger ones.

Kaku has never done this once, while Jabra has. Stop giving Kaku abilities or tactics that he hasn't shown while not acknowledging that Jabra has done the exact same thing that you're claiming that Kaku does.

I don't doubt that he could, but the fact that Kaku needs to stand still in order to do this while Jabra doesn't and can also use it to amp both his offense and defense at the same time means that Kaku would just be putting himself in a worse position trying to use Tekkai in this fight up close.

His versatility including what exactly? You're claiming that Kaku is versatile to the point where he can do all of these things but you're not elaborating on what Kaku's versatility entails and how he would catch Jabra off-guard.

I've mentioned how Jabra can do that to Kaku here...

but I'm yet to see you do the same.
Sigh, it's true that Kaku's stronger attacks would be needed to make an impact on Jabra. But the wind-up time for Kaku's powerful techniques might indeed pose a vulnerability, as you have mentioned. In this regard, Jabra's ability to maintain mobility and exploit this wind up time becomes an advantage.

Fair enough ig Jabra has displayed the use of Soru more frequently than Kaku.

Ye thats kinda fair Kaku's usage of Tekkai in an up-close battle might not be the best option, especially if it leaves him vulnerable. Jabra's ability utilizing his Tekkai withot compromising his mobility and offensive capabilities is an advantage

Kaku's versatility mainly refers to his ability to switch between form (Zoan/Rokushiki) potentially making his attacks less predictable to Jabra.

Neutral on this.
Just from the first scan, Chopper mentions that Carnivorous types are "ferocious", Lucci says that Zoan-types are the strongest types, not "Carnivorous type Zoans".
Lucci implies that they have better aggressive attacks so ig maybe a slight ap advantage idk.
I agree. Though I think if anything, that'd mean he has more experience not so much that his Zoan amp is "much" stronger than Kaku's. While I do think it's possible (see above), if anything, I think it's more impressive that Kaku with his fruit, with less training, and less experience, was able to match Zoro, who's comparable to Base Sanji, who is comparable to Hybrid Jabra.
Idk about much stronger either. But I do still think there's a difference. Also a little off topic but who cares, I just wanna point out that if zoro is truly comparable to Sanji during enies lobby why is it that they performed similarly even though sanji took a ridiculous beating beforehand?
So that's why I think this point isn't really that important towards AP, but definitely towards experience. Kaku's is FAR more impressive due to the amount of time he actually had the fruit, the fact that he was able to incorporate Rokushiki and 4ss with his fruit and his showings against Zoro.
Yeah Jabra better experience for sure. Kaku is more impressive due to his prodigy like nature in being capable of effectively utilizing his df in mere hours of having it, however I dont think that will make up for the experience gap although that's kind of arbitrary.
As I said above, I don't think this specific comparison holds, since Kaku was able to tangle with Zoro, who's comparable to Sanji, who's comparable to Jabra. So even though yes, the databook does specify the "dramatics" of Jabra's fruit amp, I think Kaku's showings are definitely more impressive.
The only attack I agree kaku has above Jabra is sky slicer, I don't think it'll one shot jabra or that he couldn't potentially clash with it but I do think that its probably stronger than what he can comfortably tank due to his reaction. However I dont think its enough to say he's "definitely more impressive" but idk.
Wait does he?? Did you mean Kaku? I thought Kaku was stronger? Regardless, the advantage is so minor, they're as good as equals here afaik lol
agree
not with that meaningless advantage lol, also he's perfectly able to dodge attacks just like he's done against Zoro
Jabra better at dodging due to omni directional movement doe.
Agreed.

I'll send my reasoning for who wins and why in a bit.
Looking forward to it

I agree. Though I think if anything, that'd mean he has more experience not so much that his Zoan amp is "much" stronger than Kaku's
Nah. Devil Fruits are explicitly stated to become more potent the longer the user has had with it and the more they've trained with it. This is not simply an experience or proficiency difference.

Kaku being able to quickly incorporate his Rokushiki with his new Zoan body is a skill and adaptability feat rather than a devil fruit potency feat. Since Jabra has had his fruit for far longer than Kaku, seemingly having it since he was training to master Rokushiki, his amp should be far superior, or at the very least superior to a noticeable degree, to Kaku's.
This isn't entirely true.

Being comparable doesn't mean that one isn't superior to the other. We know for a fact that Jabra's gives a greater boost than Kaku's. My point was never than they weren't comparable, only that Jabra has the advantage here.
Wait does he?? Did you mean Kaku? I thought Kaku was stronger?
Their base values are only 1.009x apart. To clarify what I meant here is that because Jabra has a greater amp with his fruit, in their Zoan forms, Jabra should have greater AP and Durability to Kaku.
I never said once that Kaku wouldn't be able to dodge Jabra's attacks. All I said was that Jabra would be able to outmaneuver Kaku, which isn't wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back