• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fantastic Touhou Discussion Thread

huh, I thought the new game announcement was the 30th?

Wait, a game revolving around Renko's likely grandma/mom/aunt?! Hype has been found, more lore and theories can likely be crafted!

... and its in the style of Shoot the Bullet... dammit...

>Stage featuring Clownpiece

How to give veterans of LOLK PTSD

New game~

And Sumireko being Aya it seems.

@Witch Shion for 4-A via messing with the Dream World. Legit though, it seems related to Dreams and stuff, which may help give some degree of upgrade if done right, given that Doremy's 4-A is some degree of lowball.

Well, a single Dream = 4-A in size. The Dream World contains the dreams of everyone who can dream (Said dreams also seems to exist even when the person is awake, so it's not like they only exist temporarily. "Everyone who can dream" also includes youkai btw). Which means that the Dream World is [The number of people in the verse] times 4-A. Certainly somewhere into Tier 3 (The gap between baseline 4-A and baseline 3-C is "just" around 500 million, certainly smaller than the number of dreams.

While we know Doremy rules over the Dream World as its true ruler and overseer (And not just a random youkai who showed up to eat dreams) and that her job includes managing the entire Drem World (on her own, given that she is knowledgeable over every dreams in history, having witnessed them), we don't know if she is capable of manipulating every dreams at once nor if she can affect the Dream World itself.

It is also within the realm of possibilities that the Dream World is similar in size to the main universe, as it is seen as an antithesis to "reality", having its own versions of pretty much anyone in the real world and stuff (wouldn't be the first time we have an Otherworld as big if not bigger than the main universe). But right now we just don't know enough about how Doremy rules the Dream World (other than the fact she can create and nuke dreams at will) nor the true characteristics of it.

this thread exists.

now to claim more territory for best girl - because we need more Satori in our lives.

Also dat new Touhou game and i may or may not be hyped

also ZUN's on a roll.

Any good introduction games to the series? I like shmups with health bars, if that narrows it down, but I'm ok otherwise as long as all the attacks aren't super-fast and untelegraphed.

On top of my head, EoSD is always a good start. Like any shooter of the series though, you get one-shot. Don't think there is any shooter with a health bar (Outside of PoFV).

Ye Imperishable NIght is definitively the easiest regular Windows shooter. So if you don't want to suffer, this might be a good choice too.

I actually think he should start with EoSD too. Its a pretty simple game that give him the needed feel for the series.

Thanks fo r the advice! I'll get to work on that once I'm done making a review for Leiria 2: Stargazer, which seems to be an ideal entry point into the genre, especially since it's freeware. But I've always been big into the aesthetic of and music of Touhou so I have that on my to-do list.

This game is also inspired by Yume Nikki too, I guess, judging from the Dream Diary thing he have going for. I guess we have Touhou Horror game now (or at least as horror as Touhou could be. This is more like telling horror story )

Okay so I have this music playing while watching this gif and it just feels like Yukari has finally decided to destroy Gensokyo but with trains.

Final Bowser Battle - Super Mario Galaxy 2-0
Final Bowser Battle - Super Mario Galaxy 2-0

Considering I spent a week playing DmC Devil May Cry and one level involved dodging trains, I can't help but think Yukari was toying around with Dante

Bad Apple!!Òü«PVÒéÆÕà¿ÒüªÒâ¬Òâ│Òé┤ÒüºÒéäÒüúÒüƒÒéôÒüÜÒÇé Bad Apple!! PV With Apple
Bad Apple!!Òü«PVÒéÆÕà¿ÒüªÒâ¬Òâ│Òé┤ÒüºÒéäÒüúÒüƒÒéôÒüÜÒÇé Bad Apple!! PV With Apple

Does this count a shitpost

lets talk about optimising combos starting with this
TH15.5 ~ AOCF 1
TH15.5 ~ AOCF 1.01 Jo'on Combo Collection ÒÇɵØ▒µû╣µåæõ¥ØÞÅ» ~ Antinomy of Common FlowersÒÇæ

i totally did not pick this because it's Joon btw

Back