• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Threatening to end all of time”
Yeah, during his fight time still existed, which is stilm true with all other time lines destroyed

“From the corners of the shattered spacetime” (likely referring to the pocket intersection here)
This matters very little

“as Solaris destroys all of spacetime” (present tense, meaning it wasn’t done yet and the final stage was acting concurrently)
And with all of that he still didn't reached blaze, so Moot point

In order for it to be 2-A BFR Solaris would need to have actually reached the totality of infinite universes before he was defeated, which isn’t specified.

In order for it to be 2-A BFR Solaris would need to have actually reached the totality of infinite universes before he was defeated, which isn’t specified.
"As he destroys all of space time" he is an iminatr threat, all of it is already ending, it is very much clear that he did do that

Okay sure, I still don’t see what makes CC 2-A BFR if we don’t even know if Solaris finished what he was trying to do.

Because I think there’s a fine line between support and overhype and I feel like Sonic gets that status a lot, what am I supposed to feel when he racks up draws or wins against Wally West; Odin, Twilight, and Doom

what am I supposed to feel when he racks up draws or wins against Wally West; Odin, Twilight, and Doom
Nothing? The fact that you feel some type of way about it says a lot about YOU. Argue in those threads when they happen or stop complaining. Like I don't wanna be a dick here but you legit just admitted to the philosophy of "Sonic has a lot of wins I don't like him having so I don't really want to argue for him". That's beyond ridiculous. That's petty, and just you coping.

Nothing? The fact that you feel some type of way about it says a lot about YOU. Argue in those threads when they happen or stop complaining. Like I don't wanna be a dick here but you legit just admitted to the philosophy of "Sonic has a lot of wins I don't like him having so I don't really want to argue for him". That's beyond ridiculous. That's petty, and just you coping.
Look I’m sorry but there is no way in a million years Sonic beats Wally West and Doctor Doom, it’s total wank and it’s this kind of thing that is the reason why I argue against Sonic getting all these arguments that boost him, some of them are just taking vague story elements and twisting them in a positive way (like this 2-A BFR thing or arguing he has antimatter resistance off a boss hitbox lack of recognition)

Look I’m sorry but there is no way in a million years Sonic beats Wally West and Doctor Doom, it’s total wank and it’s this kind of thing that is the reason why I argue against Sonic getting all these arguments that boost him
............you know how vs threads work right? you know that you can just go there and argue for the character right? even so, you know that people may just disagree with you right? as shake said, i don't want to be rude, but it sounds like a problem of you more than sonic here

Look I’m sorry but there is no way in a million years Sonic beats Wally West and Doctor Doom, it’s total wank
Your logic of it being wank is idiotic for the simple reason of a Versus Match relying on BOTH profiles being up to date, which... Wouldn't be our fault? Do you know how out-there you sound right now? I mean I'm glad for the confession, I didn't wanna point fingers and accuse you of being biased against Sonic. You did all the work for me in your last few responses.
and it’s this kind of thing that is the reason why I argue against Sonic getting all these arguments that boost him, some of them are just taking vague story elements and twisting them in a positive way
Uh... Sonic is a momentum-platforming character that has not only video games; but a comic series, written short stories, animated shorts, YT videos, and now a TV show. This argument can be said for any character with a multi-media continuity. Are you so blinded by this "Sonic is overhyped" mentality that you're forgetting this?

And I would recommend you watch the finger-pointing, because now I have a reasonable basis to accuse you of being a hypocrite when arguing stuff in favor of Mario that "are just taking vague story elements and twisting them in a positive way". Don't have your cake and eat it too.

And I would recommend you watch the finger-pointing, because now I have a reasonable basis to accuse you of being a hypocrite when arguing stuff in favor of Mario that "are just taking vague story elements and twisting them in a positive way". Don't have your cake and eat it too.
You mean like 1-ups, those things that have actual story basis? Okay.

everytime a sonic argument boils up Mario is mentioned its just written in the law at this point
the-circle.gif

Voting Sonic for Shake's reasoning. Also...
Look I’m sorry but there is no way in a million years Sonic beats Wally West and Doctor Doom, it’s total wank and it’s this kind of thing that is the reason why I argue against Sonic getting all these arguments that boost him, some of them are just taking vague story elements and twisting them in a positive way (like this 2-A BFR thing or arguing he has antimatter resistance off a boss hitbox lack of recognition)
Not only is this kinda admitting to a bias, but like... It's really not getting this worked up about. It's fiction.

And for the record I do like Sonic, I just don’t want to mindlessly agree to things as they come along just to prop him up. Everytime I argue against something it’s not to just be a contrarian, it’s because I see things that I think are vague or misconstrued and either want a more concrete answer or just don’t agree. I’m not out to get Sonic and I’m tired of being referred to as such

While this is unrelated to the discussion, I do agree with the verdict regarding Wally West Vs Hyper Sonic was correct. Hyper Sonic just outclasses him overall.

The beauty of power scaling is that a lot of it is interpretive, so there's really no point in getting worked up when someone has a different interpretation than you. It only makes things worse for the debate as a whole if you do

I think are vague or misconstrued and either want a more concrete answer or just don’t agree.
Couldnt have said it better on how I feel about sonic profiles. I still think the current profiles are great with some things Im not finding myself to agree with. But if you really think theyre that bad I recommend you make a crt then.

everytime a sonic argument boils up Mario is mentioned its just written in the law at this point
I did NOT wanna be the guy to do it, but I just gotta call out hypocrisy. Nothing against Big M, I promise, this is not Mario shade 😭
I’m not out to get Sonic and I’m tired of being referred to as such
Then for future reference, don't say anything that ***** on your credibility this bad again. How are people supposed to take your word as genuine when you JUST admitted otherwise?

I like you, JJ, and I've already stated in previous Sonic threads that I appreciate what you do. But shifting the blame solely onto Sonic/his profile/his fans rather than the two-way street it really is, that's incredibly short-sighted.

Lowkey respect just you outright admitting you’re biased against the character lol

Just go redo the Wally/Doom matches (or try to update Wally/Doctor Doom ’cause lord knows comic book profiles are under-researched). Regardless, I don’t get the point of complaining about it on an unrelated thread.

I like you, JJ, and I've already stated in previous Sonic threads that I appreciate what you do. But shifting the blame solely onto Sonic/his profile/his fans rather than the two-way street it really is, that's incredibly short-sighted.
It’s not biased to say Dr. Doom, the guy who repels physics and has magic that even Scarlet Witch admits is above her own in his base form, and Wally West, the guy who outran the source of speed as a concept, can beat Sonic.

It’s not biased to say Dr. Doom, the guy who repels physics and has magic that even Scarlet Witch admits is above her own in his base form, and Wally West, the guy who outran the source of speed as a concept, can beat Sonic.
You're right, that's not bias. Nor did I ever claim it was. Do you want to see what biased looks like?
Because I think there’s a fine line between support and overhype and I feel like Sonic gets that status a lot, what am I supposed to feel when he racks up draws or wins against Wally West; Odin, Twilight, and Doom

Ok can we talk about the match and save sonic having questionable stuff or whatever be saved for another thread? Thanks.

With Super Forms powering up Sonic to Multiverse+ levels of power (at the bear minimum) with Immeasurable Speed on top of that along with the Hyper Form upscaling higher on both ends, it's clear that Speed would be a non-factor in the fight. Coupling with Sonic having higher AP and haxes, he should win against Wally West.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back