• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And also, isn't every character given mystery so they can harm servants with verse Equalization?

Like...Isn't that why Zoro vs Saber wasn't a stomp?

Would Astolfo be able to tank a punch from a completely biological, not mystic or old entity with little to no renown but said punch carried 3-A power.

I mean don't get me wrong, I'd understand Servants having heavy resistance to these kinds of things but that they nope attacks around their own tier based on Mistery is news to me.

Hence why I'm confused and more asking than claiming anything.

Mystery only goes so far, Lugh is untouchable to modern magi because of his mystery but gets holes punched in him by Soujuurou.

One of the protagonists of Mahoutsukai no Yoru. He lived in the mountains and is extremely strong for no discernible reason (he's described as the strongest TYPE-MOON protagonist when he first shows up).

@J-Man

The planet would get busted and the Holy Grail destroyed, so yes on that technicality.

But your comparison is flawed. Astolfo is a Spiritual Being. He's not going to be hit by something normal.

@Fate

It's been part of the lore since the beginning. It's just never been applied in fights here since 99% of fights have some sort of supernatural element (i.e. Akame's swords are made from Danger Beasts which are analogous to Monstrous Beasts, Zoro's swords are quite old and were made by renowned swordsmiths, Jax lives in a world filled with magic e.t.c.).

"Zoro's swords are quite old and we made by renowned swordsmiths"

So 2B DOES have a lot of mystery then....Most of the weapons you get in Nier were made centuries ago.

I mean.

No one outside Bleach has Reiatsu so they would be Reiatsu crushed.

No one outside HxH has Nen so they would receive Nen Baptism.

Isn't this the same case with mistery? "This character has no mistery so he/she's never hurting servants."

@Gargoyle

According to Ever, none of the weapons' ages were ever confirmed aside from 2B's standard equipment, which is around 10 years old.

Why the hell has everyone turned on me again?

Gargoyle One said:
"Zoro's swords are quite old and we made by renowned swordsmiths"

So 2B DOES have a lot of mystery then....Most of the weapons you get in Nier were made centuries ago.
No not really. It's ever said that any of her weapons are particularly old.

@Fate

If they are supernatural due to some non man-made element, then they have Mystery. Some humans have Mystery too, but they're exceedingly rare.

Hell, prehistoric bacteria have Mystery for christ's sake. They became freaking Divine Spirits.

Becaue you're one of the guys who knows about Fate (Aside from Prom, who is not responding a lot).

This is how I feel when I argue in most matches /:

I mean....YoRHa forges the Type 40 sword and the electric broadsword and that's it, Every other weapon is a weapon is a weapon you find from the old world which is centuries ago.

Because no one agrees with you

I'm not turning on you, Repp. If Lugh has a physical body then it's different. I'm the one who started adding Immunity to conventional weapons to all the Servant pages, anyways.

This is the same as saying, only Stand can see and harm Stands, which is supported in manga, ghosts, supernatural beings, humans, animals, none can see or touch stands with out a Stand but we equalize that here.

This should be equalized automatically.

Regardless, if Astolfo literally can't be hurt by 99% of 2Bs arsenal, then this is a stomp and should be closed.

@Gar

Citation?

And your evidence against my argument is?

My Citation:

Rin Tohsaka: Of course it's amazing. Not just Saber, but all the Servants are heroic spirits. There's the fact that they're spirits, but they can't be hurt by normal means. That's because Servants themselves are divine mysteries.

The only ones that can physically hurt the Servants are other Servants, heroic spirits like them. So in other words, if a Servant was using it, even a paper knife could hurt Saber.

You need some kind of supernatural magical power to hurt a Servant. Science can't cut it.

It's kind of a given.

By the same logic that someone without mistery should be unable to harm a servant I could re-use my argument above and say that someone without Reiatsu gets oneshotted via Reiatsu Crush in a Bleach thread.

First of all we have the weapons manufacturer in chapter 1, who states that weapons have to be found from the old world or forged, and the fact that most of the weapons in Automata are from the original Nier, which is again, centiries ago.

The comments above.

@Gargoyle

Citation. I provided mine. You give yours.

Honestly, I'm sick of arguing against literally everyone at once.

@J-Man

The Stands can only hurt Stands thing is a NLF.

The fact that Servants are spiritual beings makes it equivalent to them being intangible and it can be bypassed on a much wider scale than Stands.

It's not nearly as equivalent as you're making it out to be.

Verse equalization wouldn't do anything.

The Nasuverse makes a clear distinction between magical and conventional weaponary. The Servants just happen to be immune to non-magical weapons/damage.

Not to mention, that there things in fiction that are immune in ficiton. Kharn's immune to 99% percent of hax. Galactus doesn't possess a soul, so soul manipulation and the like don't really effect him. There are characters who are immune to poison, etc.

Reppuzan said:
@Gargoyle

Citation. I provided mine. You give yours.

Honestly, I'm sick of arguing against literally everyone at once.

@J-Man

The Stands can only hurt Stands thing is a NLF.

The fact that Servants are spiritual beings makes it equivalent to them being intangible and it can be bypassed on a much wider scale than Stands.

I just mentioned what I mentioned did I not?

>The Stands can only hurt Stands thing is a NLF.

It's litterally identical.

Stands are intangible and spiritual beings too dude.

Reppuzan said:
@Fate
There's an entire verse full of an entire race of characters who do this other than the Nasuverse.

I don't see why we'd verse equalize this out when it's not something like Reiatsu Crush.
Not familiar with that verse, so I don't have the context of that. The problem here is not them noping whatever, tho.

It's because by the same reasoning behind it, literally no one in VS Threads should have mistery because it's a mechanic exclusive to the Nasuverse and then everyone would be noped. No, they wouldn't gain mistery overtime because that doesn't happen in other verses - they would be noped regardless of age, power, or whatever.

So that gets equalized like Reiatsu, Nen, interacting with Stands, etc.

We should probably keep on track and discuss Verse Equalization on a different thread, since it honestly is an issue (Bleach characters are invisible to people without Reiatsu / whatever spiritual equivalent but everyone just disregards that for some reason, for example).

So let's see.....

Either Mystery is Equalized, and 2B wins with massive versatility.

Or it isn't and 99.5% of 2Bs arsenal is useless.

Why is this thread still open?

@Gargoyle

From the game itself. Not a paraphrased snippet.

@J-Man

But the rule that Stands can only be hurt by Stands isn't nearly as widespread as magic is.

It's like saying that everyone can hit intangible characters by default because lol Verse Equalization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back