• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy 16 discussion thread

I can't believe you forgot to mention Exdeath showing up, and Sora from Kingdom Hearts being the secret, secret final boss, making everyone Low 1-C and Infinite Speed.
Live reaction of when I saw the scene where Ultima revealed to Exdeath and Sora that Enuo and Xehanort were actually two of his many avatars

974e19416242ccb6755ce5e4878d4988.jpg

Alright, he's my blog for the Lucis kingdom. It's my very first civilization page so it's very likely clumsy and not that great so advices are more than welcome. Also, yeah I known this isn't a FFXV thread but I wanted to begin with this one, I feel like it's easier than say Sanbreque, plus I love FFXV

Late reply, but pretty solid work so far, dude. I'm using this as reference when I tackle a civilization myself.

Not yet, still at work and can't remember who's dealing with him (I think it's Dust but I'm not sure, at least he's dealing with Ultima and Dion)
I would do it but I have no idea how to, we also haven’t finalized on the size of the ff16 planet (which is very crucial to bahamut and pre-endgame ifrit risen) as well as the speed stuff. Which I’ll try and do before bed today

I would do it but I have no idea how to, we also haven’t finalized on the size of the ff16 planet (which is very crucial to bahamut and pre-endgame ifrit risen) as well as the speed stuff. Which I’ll try and do before bed today
Yeah but we at least got the Valisthia size figured out, we can't really see the rest of the planet but its big

Working on my Ultima profile and since he absorbs the other hims during the boss fight I gave him soul absorption because Ultima(s) are just spirits at this point.

Then it dawned on me that Clive completely absorbs Ultima at the end of their fight so he should also get soul absorption. Granted it's not like a instant soul steal like, I dunno, someone like Dracula can pull off, but it's pretty neat that besides aether he can also absorb souls.

Working on my Ultima profile and since he absorbs the other hims during the boss fight I gave him soul absorption because Ultima(s) are just spirits at this point.

Then it dawned on me that Clive completely absorbs Ultima at the end of their fight so he should also get soul absorption. Granted it's not like a instant soul steal like, I dunno, someone like Dracula can pull off, but it's pretty neat that besides aether he can also absorb souls.
Maybe on weakened opponents, dunno.

Yeah would likely only apply to weakened opponents, also would have the additional weakness of potentially being too taxing if the soul he absorbs is about as powerful as he is. Even Clive admitted that Ultima's plan on using him as a vessel was in vain since it couldn't handle channeling all of Ultima's power on top of his own (Although this probably wouldn't be an issue if the opponents power has nothing to do with their soul).

The limit's on Ultima's soul absorption are harder to define, while he does absorb the other Ultima's without needing them to be weakened first they also let themselves be absorbed willingly so they could become Ultimalius so I dunno if they just, weakened their own spirits or something to let that happen or something.

Yeah would likely only apply to weakened opponents, also would have the additional weakness of potentially being too taxing if the soul he absorbs is about as powerful as he is. Even Clive admitted that Ultima's plan on using him as a vessel was in vain since it couldn't handle channeling all of Ultima's power on top of his own (Although this probably wouldn't be an issue if the opponents power has nothing to do with their soul).

The limit's on Ultima's soul absorption are harder to define, while he does absorb the other Ultima's without needing them to be weakened first they also let themselves be absorbed willingly so they could become Ultimalius so I dunno if they just, weakened their own spirits or something to let that happen or something.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it something Clive can only use on Dominants/Eikons? The whole purpose of Mythos was so he could absorb the Eikons to become strong enough to have Ultima use his body as a vessel and Ultima stated Eikons are basically fragments of himself. The way I understand it, Clive's absorption would only work on Eikons and Ultima himself, not on any random opponent he can face in battle. Put him against, say, a random Sanbreque soldier and he can't do that.

I don't think it's ever implied it's just the Eikons, he doesn't absorb a portion of anyone else's essence since for the most part he's dealing with either really strong normal guys or dudes with magic that pale in comparison to the Eikons. Especially since his Absorption only kicks in when his opponents extremely weakened and he hangs around them for a while (Barnabas had to actively grab and force Odin into him despite laying there practically dead)

I don't think it's ever implied it's just the Eikons, he doesn't absorb a portion of anyone else's essence since for the most part he's dealing with either really strong normal guys or dudes with magic that pale in comparison to the Eikons. Especially since his Absorption only kicks in when his opponents extremely weakened and he hangs around them for a while (Barnabas had to actively grab and force Odin into him despite laying there practically dead)
Except Jill gaves him Shiva's power without being particulary weakened. Honestly, I don't think he needs his opponents to be particulary weakened, it just happens they almost all are his enemies so naturally he has to beat them up first

For the absorption, the story clearly states this power is specifically given to Mythos so he can absorb the other Eikons. At no point Ultima states he wants Clive to absorb souls, only the Eikons specifically because they're part of himself, so he would have no use for non-Eikon people. Plus, remember with Garuda, the absorption happened on accident, meaning this power can work regardless if Clive wants it or not (Cid, Joshua and Barnabas were also in that category) and it only happens in the story with Dominants. So to me, Clive's power is definitely not applicable against non-Eikon opponents

Don't think Jill means much since she willingly gave him a portion of Shivas essence, everyone else was heavily Weakened (Like Benidikta having just taken a thrashing, Hugo was tired to the point of being unable to semi prime and just had his arms cut off, Dion got beaten to the point where he was barely conscious, and Barnabas was lying on the floor dying, and he only absorbs Ulitmas soul after blasting a hole throughout torso and beating him to near death.

Pheonix, Jill, Cid, & Ultima were them bestowing their powers so they didn't need to be weakened. Reason Ultimas plan revolved solely around the Eikons is because what use would there be if Clive took the essence of some fodder Knight who can only use magic through crystals?

Don't think it's really combat applicable anyway, but in the event it does happen I think it's fine to say it works on non eikons.

Then it dawned on me that Clive completely absorbs Ultima at the end of their fight so he should also get soul absorption. Granted it's not like an instant soul steal like, I dunno, someone like Dracula can pull off, but it's pretty neat that besides aether he can also absorb souls.
Umm lemme help u with the scaling
In base: Country Level
Ifrit armour
(first fight in the rift): higher
Ultima prime
: x3 times amp, he tanked the tri-disaster from ifrit, Phoenix and bahamut.

Multi-solar system, likely/possibly Uni+ with true power
Higher with flare: combines 6 giant orbs into one.
Ultima Risen: higher
Ultimalius: 16x stronger (fused with 15 other versions of himself)
6x stronger with flare again

Back