• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy 16 discussion thread

Yeah I don't recall a single instance of anyone using time stop in the game.

Unless you count that whited out filter that happens and everyone stops moving while Ultima speaks to Clive (Like right after he absorbed Garudas powers from Benedikas for example), but I'm not sure if that should be time stop or if it's just a cool little effect the developers did.
So this doesnt count right?

So this doesnt count right?
Maybe?

It's hard to tell since Ultima uses a lot of illusions and mind manipulation with people. And after this Clive just kinda snaps back standing in the exact same spot he was when everything seemed to freeze. So not clear if Ultima actually just stopped time or if he just starting messing with Clives mind like he tends to do.

He uses mind manipulation at the end of one of his fights but besides that he doesn't use illusions / mind manipulation in his boss battles.

He uses mind manipulation at the end of one of his fights but besides that he doesn't use illusions / mind manipulation in his boss battles.
Likely tho cause Clive is actually just a ******* chad by the end of the game and lik mega major resist Ultima's calling and his supernatural will and other resistances are at their peak.

I mean Joshua even notes at that Stage, Clive will NEVER become Ultima's vessel

Yeah I think at that point he's not using because it can't work on Clive anymore, rest of the game has him using illusions / mind fuckery a lot so him not using during his only serious fight is just because he can't overcome Clives will.

His barrier of darkness makes anything that comes into it just poof once they make contact with it, but I don't recall anything about his Zantetsuken straight up erasing matter from existence

His barrier of darkness makes anything that comes into it just poof once they make contact with it, but I don't recall anything about his Zantetsuken straight up erasing matter from existence
Could be possibly since we know it has NPI and can apparently sever "will" itself according to ultima

Don't think having a different physiology is enough for a new key, they can probably have different tabbers in the P&A section due to gaining some abilities not available to their human forms (Like Regeneration) but I think we can just do their ratings in one key.

If anyone's making profiles for a Dominant, it would be best to add a justification/feat for their "higher when transformed". Like "Ifrit can overpower this meteor Clive and Joshua struggled to fight against in base". It would make things easier to quantify in VS Threads

If anyone's making profiles for a Dominant, it would be best to add a justification/feat for their "higher when transformed". Like "Ifrit can overpower this meteor Clive and Joshua struggled to fight against in base". It would make things easier to quantify in VS Threads
Definitely

So all Dom are "High 6-C, higher as" normally right?

Definitely

The way I see it, since early game Ifrit is Island level+ the weaker Dominants won't get High 6-C. Since pre-timeskip Clive can fight Garuda who in turn can hold her own against Ifrit then they should be 6-C+, higher as <insert Eikon here>.

Given how high into Island level+ Ifrit is (90.97 gigatons) and the stronger Eikons scale way above pre-timeskip Ifrit (Easy example being Ramuh one shotting him) then they'd be 6-C+, High 6-C as <insert Eikon here> due to upscaling, with I think Barnabas and late game Clive being the only Dominant to be High 6-C without their Eikons due to how cracked they are.

Definitely

We've already had this figured out for a couple of months now see

Given that we're getting High 6-C characters, I kinda want some FFXVI vs Nasuverse matches now, same for Injustice

Back