• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy 16 discussion thread

I'm talking about the visuals, it doesn't show a universe being destroyed. A black void like that is too vague
Not at all not really considering the statement
That's all of them, that's how different the original script is from the English version
Meh I rewatched it is just the one line actually its Clive who has 2 lines but regardless you also forgot to check the in game lore which also says the exact same thing

Meh I rewatched it is just the one line actually its Clive who has 2 lines but regardless you also forgot to check the in game lore which also says the exact same thing

Warping space also counts as warping the geometries of the world, and we don't grant all space manip users tier 2 AP, so I think this is unquantifiable too

Warping space also counts as warping the geometries of the world, and we don't grant all space manip users tier 2 AP, so I think this is unquantifiable too
False we in fact do give tier 2 AP for doing so on a universal scale, hence our requirements for "significantly affecting" a universe sized structure and I'd say constricting "everything" leaving it as a black void is easily a low 2-C feat

Again, the "constricting all of creation" statement is only in the dub
And again its also backed by the in game lore which also confirms its validity, I'm not sure why you're trying to act like the two are just completely seperate things

And again its also backed by the in game lore which also confirms its validity, I'm not sure why you're trying to act like the two are just completely seperate things
You mean the lore which I already addressed by saying its not on a universal scale? Warping the "geometries that define the world" does not mean its on a universal scale

You mean the lore which I already addressed by saying its not on a universal scale? Warping the "geometries that define the world" does not mean its on a universal scale
Buddy the cutscenes statement says he's warping all creation. You're just talking in circles atp

Buddy the cutscenes statement says he's warping all creation. You're just talking in circles atp
... how many times have I mentioned that this is only said in the dub?

You said Omega was constricting all of creation, and I responded by saying the statement was only in the dub. Then you said its backed by the lore which I addressed by saying it doesn't actually prove it was on a universal scale. Then you went back to mentioning the dub only "constricting all of creation" statement, something that you accepted to being a dub only thing. Its very clear you are the one arguing in circles and I am 100% sure you are going to respond with "the lore backs it up" again

... how many times have I mentioned that this is only said in the dub?

You said Omega was constricting all of creation, and I responded by saying the statement was only in the dub. Then you said its backed by the lore which I addressed by saying it doesn't actually prove it was on a universal scale. Then you went back to mentioning the dub only "constricting all of creation" statement, something that you accepted to being a dub only thing. Its very clear you are the one arguing in circles and I am 100% sure you are going to respond with "the lore backs it up" again
You're saying this as if both are completely disconnected statements which they aren't, it being dub only doesn't matter when the character lore affirms it and when you ask for the range it comes from the statement you're just writing off.

Gonna just agree to disagree with ya on this one because its non sense

I still have my Barnabas blog but I lack calcs and it would still need some help (I believe other blogs including with calcs were made to). If I had enough, maybe I could post the profile and help get things started (maybe, don't know if that would work)

Blog is here

The ratings are all mostly correct, well he'd actually be sub-rel tho

And AP should be like this too:

Island level+, Large Island level with Semi-Priming, higher as Odin

Last edited:
I still have my Barnabas blog but I lack calcs and it would still need some help (I believe other blogs including with calcs were made to). If I had enough, maybe I could post the profile and help get things started (maybe, don't know if that would work)

Blog is here

Anywho use this for hax because there's some that they all share for reasons

These should be the same and the scans are on the Bahamut profile

Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic & Subjective Reality (Can channel aether to manifest his imagination in the form of spells[2])

Supernatural Willpower (As a Dominant he possesses a tolerance to large amounts of Aether and Aetherfloods that turn most people Akashic[6], which strips people of their very will to make him thralls of Ultima or frenzied monsters[7], Dion himself possesses even greater will than other Dominants such as Benedikda and Hugo

Transformation & Large Size (Type 1) (Dominants can perform Semi-priming and Priming, which allows them to partially transform and use some of their Eikons power and fully transform into their Eikon respectively[10], with Dions Eikon, Bahamut, being this large), Absorption & Statistics Amplification (Dominants and[11] their Eikons can absorb aether to increase their power[12], he can create light orbs that were drawing in more Aether than Joshua had ever seen and absorbed the heart of a Mothercrystal which greatly increased his strength[13]), Power Bestowal (Dominants can grant their[14] powers[15], unto[16] others[17]

Resistance to Corruption (Type 2), Mind Manipulation, & Madness Manipulation (As a Dominant he has a resistance to large amounts of Aether and Aetherfloods that turn most people Akashic[6], Akashics being people that have turned into frenzied monsters[19] devoid of any intelligence and sense of self they previously had[20], or thralls that are completely under Ultimas control[21]) Fire Manipulation (Can withstand numerous attacks from Ifrit and Pheonix without being burned[13])

Calcs here I suppose

Alright, I'll try at least get the calcs and stats done by tonight and try to get stuff for the notable attacks and intelligence as soon as possible (currently busy with FFVII Rebirth and wow there's a LOT to process)

Alright, I'll try at least get the calcs and stats done by tonight and try to get stuff for the notable attacks and intelligence as soon as possible (currently busy with FFVII Rebirth and wow there's a LOT to process)
Same Rebirth is a lot lol, I'm on chapter 13 rn

I got the raw scan of the Omega bestiary description and it doesn't mention anything about warping the geometries of the world, or anything similar
Western translations should likely take priority or be equally as valid bare minimum here since that's squares main audience for this release and was specifically the central point of its development.

Very big focus on being developed for our audiences rather than Japan's

There's like dozens of interviews and articles about thst specifically so here's a couple

Also

We got a new look at rising tide

Western translations should likely take priority or be equally as valid bare minimum here since that's squares main audience for this release and was specifically the central point of its development.

Very big focus on being developed for our audiences rather than Japan's

There's like dozens of interviews and articles about thst specifically so here's a couple

Catering to the west doesn't mean the dub is more canon at all, this is fairly common in japanese video games that aren't weeb shit

Catering to the west doesn't mean the dub is more canon at all, this is fairly common in japanese video games that aren't weeb shit
It's less about catering and more being sure than the two versions don't go in opposite directions and make the lore too confusing. Translations should be handled so that all versions of a fictional work say the same thing, or at least close enough that it doesn't seem two versions of the same story say something different

It's less about catering and more being sure than the two versions don't go in opposite directions and make the lore too confusing. Translations should be handled so that all versions of a fictional work say the same thing, or at least close enough that it doesn't seem two versions of the same story say something different
The dub says different things though

The dub says different things though
Doesn't really matter as square especially noted for this one to put a precedent over it even moreso than they would usually, and that's at the core of this games development from the start

Again, why does that make it more canon than the original script?
You're asking why the version and core of the game they put more focus into is more or equally as relevant as the japanese version which came secondary to the core they were establishing

Just got out of the Garuda fight. Pretty awesome.

Benedikta/Garuda has a pretty impressive arsenal. Even aside from the obvious (air and weather manip and flight), she can create minions that have a degree of her powers, manifest claws and wings, regeneration (Low-Mid) and perhaps some form of earth manip (since she can merge rocks and stone constructs to create large boulders). I'd say she also has a form of energy manipulation, as in air-based energy projectiles, slashes and even explosions but that could also simply fall under air

Last edited:
since she can merge rocks and stone constructs to create large boulders
I think this is telekinesis, not earth manipulation. If she could only use the power on stone and earth then it would though

I'd say she also has a form of energy manipulation, as in air-based energy projectiles, slashes and even explosions but that could also simply fall under air
Iirc she's also able to form an energy weapon that can pull people towards her, that's also useful

Back