• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

For the FOURTH time, Problem Sleuth Downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArbitraryNumbers

VS Battles
Retired
This is the fourth time I've tried making this thread.

Most of the verse is scaled to Mobster Kingpin who punches with a brass knuckle that weighs one megaton, thus putting them at Low 7-B. This scaling is incredibly faulty, as one megaton in weight/mass obviously does not mean one megaton of TNT's worth of energy. Even then, just because it has the word "megaton" in it doesn't mean that it weighs exactly one megaton, it could just mean that it's so heavy that no normal person could pick it up.

I have not read Problem Sleuth in years, so I cannot recall any good feats to replace it. I would like to know if there are any other good feats to replace this scaling. Until we do, all of the Low 7-B rankings must be replaced with "Unknown".

Don't remember anything to replace it; and Pickle Inspector's below average human physically so it likely was with Imagination stuff.

According to sleuth's page, he dealt damage to fthulu, who's the size of a skyscrapper,and i think they fought other building sized monsters.

While we are on it, is flipping the universe 3-A? And is the laser they reactes to, actual lasers?

Now, I'm not a calculation group member, but having some interest in MSP Adventures I thought I should try to lend a hand here.

Most of the verse is scaled to Mobster Kingpin who punches with a brass knuckle that weighs one megaton, thus putting them at Low 7-B. This scaling is incredibly faulty, as one megaton in weight/mass obviously does not mean one megaton of TNT's worth of energy. Even then, just because it has the word "megaton" in it doesn't mean that it weighs exactly one megaton, it could just mean that it's so heavy that no normal person could pick it up.
Obviously this makes sense both from a logical standpoint and a mathematical standpoint, weight doesn't equate into destructive capacity unless we calculate the kinetic energy involved in such a punch, and a megaton of weight =/= megaton of TNT, simple as that.

However, seeing as we have the weight of the object in question and we know its use, I thought I'd take a shot at calculating said kinetic energy.

The equation would go as follows (Remember, M = mass, V= velocity):

"KE = 0.5m x v^2"

We already have the weight, 1 megaton (mt), using the metric system this equates to 1,000,000,000 kilograms (kg).

This is our first and only roadblock, being that we simply don't know the speed at which one punches. However, if we are to be generous, we can equate Kingpin's punch to that of an average Olympic boxer, which I had pulled from here, for reference.

Taking this value (20.4 mph) and converting it into meters per second yields 9.119 or 9.12 m/s.

KE = 0.5(1,000,000,000) x 9.12^2
= 41,587,200,000j

Converting this into tons of TNT now gives us a result of 9.9395 tons, High 8-C+ or Large Building level+.

I'm also assuming this can also be used for Lifting Strength, 1mt to my knowledge is about 10^9 kg so you're looking at upper-end Class M or Class G, depending on where you want to take it.

If I am wrong anywhere here, please feel free to correct me. Thank you.

Last edited:
I know nothing about this verse, but pro boxers can actually reach 15 m/s with their punches (at least that's what pages about boxers on our wiki say, like little mac), which would lead to 112500000000 J of force, which would be 8-B. Again I don't know the verse, but you'd probably need more proof about the object's weight than just its name, stuff like this tends to be hyperbolic in fiction.

I know nothing about this verse, but pro boxers can actually reach 15 m/s with their punches (at least that's what pages about boxers on our wiki say, like little mac), which would lead to 112500000000 J of force, which would be 8-B. Again I don't know the verse, but you'd probably need more proof about the object's weight than just its name, stuff like this tends to be hyperbolic in fiction.
The problem is I didn't want to directly assume Kingpin punched at the highest level possible, the value provided was supposed to be generous, but I'll leave that to the knowledgeable people.

Fair point on the weight, but I think that depends on context within the verse itself and how literal it is or is not.

Problem is, we don't have the weight of the key, i tried searching it but the history never says "it weights one megaton", it is just called that and is heavy.

Problem is, we don't have the weight of the key, i tried searching it but the history never says "it weights one megaton", it is just called that and is heavy.
Again, I'm only going off what is presented. As stated above, I think it relies on context within the verse itself and how literal it takes things, which is up to the experts to interpret.

So i'm TRYING to pixel scale fluthlu's size, but nothing there seemed good for scaling him since the city is so shitty drawed, i ended up using the street width, what's the average width for a street across the city?

From what i searched, 28 feet is the minmun and 39 is good, so the average is 33.5 feet or 10.2 meters , which makes fluthlu about 586 meters tall.

He LOOKS like he reaches the clouds, which would make him 2 Km tall, but perspective is a bitch there.

Fluthlu was only defeated because Sleuth closed a portal on its head. He didn't actually overpower it through sheer strength, so whatever Fluthlu's doing that you're calculating, he doesn't scale to.

Laser stuff comes from reacting from Fluthu laser with a shard of glass now that I think of it.

Also his size is weird, since he could somehow fit in a small room.

Laser stuff comes from reacting from Fluthu laser with a shard of glass now that I think of it.

Also his size is weird, since he could somehow fit in a small room.
He is inconsistent yes, i mean ace dick or porblem sleuth idk, where normal sized next to a his small face despite it being the size of a building.

But i'm scaling it because the grimmore showing the smaller gods shows fluthlu towering buildings so i assume that's the intended size, ignoring future inconsistences at the time.

Also found the laser feat, while it does seem like a laser (move in straight line and reflects off glass), it seemed to have brought mural people into life, so it feels sus to assume is a real laser.

Last edited:
Arbitrary and Abstractions make sense to me.

Abstractions:

Would you be willing to place your calculations in a blog post and ask to get it evaluated?

Thank you. Please remember to ask for a calc group evaluation.

The problem with that calculation is that it assumes the weight of the object is exactly one megaton just because it's named "megaton key". We don't actually know if it canonically weighs one megaton, like Thelastmlg said, it's just called "megaton" key and is very heavy to the point where only the "strongest man alive" can use it.

However, it'd still be more accurate than our current ranking, so I'm down to have the rankings as "Unknown, possibly High 8-C".

So should we use unknown statistics instead, or use some other feat to scale from?

Okay. I suppose that might be fine to applý in lack of better options.

Okay. Tell us here when you are done and we should close this thread.

Thank you. Is there anything left to do here, or should I close this thread?

It should be fine if you close this thread now. Nothing much left to do, unless someone can find some better feats to scale to, which I don't think will be happening anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back