• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frieren: Beyond Journey's End Discussion Thread

I kinda disagree with the calc
First off we could change it slightly using my version of Lawine's height (163cm).
Second off, ice equilibrium seems to be related specifically to the sea being frozen for prolonged periods of time and not lakes being frozen. You only need 4 inches of thickness to actually walk on ice and most lakes freeze around that much.

I have some thoughts but its late for me and I'll still be busy tomorrow so I'll provide input on tuesday since we aren't in any rush if everyone can wait just a bit for me

Regarding the radius of the lake, I made my own measurements, the results ≈ 250m

J5aU5e8.jpeg

I'mma get my calc accepted to so it can actually hold
Yeah I dunno how you docked the radius by over two times off a height change but that's not the version I'd go with

Once the original is edited to have 4 images (and with the improved pixel scaling, gets around 250 meters for the radius) I think that'd be the version to go to

Yeah I dunno how you docked the radius by over two times off a height change but that's not the version I'd go with

Once the original is edited to have 4 images (and with the improved pixel scaling, gets around 250 meters for the radius) I think that'd be the version to go to
I think the issue here is image quality. My image was way smaller and thus the pixels blurred out and made Lawine look bigger.

Anyways, height change would still be preferable though ig it wouldn't change that much. The issue here is more so the fact that the ice is 1-2 meters for some reason when the article talks about the sea freezing, while the minimum required to walk on ice is 4 inches and that's more common with actual lakes.

I think the issue here is image quality. My image was way smaller and thus the pixels blurred out and made Lawine look bigger.

Anyways, height change would still be preferable though ig it wouldn't change that much. The issue here is more so the fact that the ice is 1-2 meters for some reason when the article talks about the sea freezing, while the minimum required to walk on ice is 4 inches and that's more common with actual lakes.
I think all you need to fix is the radius of the lake. I agree the ice thickness is 4 inches.

Nice to have a proper calc for Attack & Reaction Speeds.
There's also Soltäre (or whatever her name was) blocking 4 lightning bolts frok Frieren with shields. Idk how it'll be in the anime but the bolts weren't predictable when it comes to trajectory (curved and they were zig zagging so unless you're some prediction god you aren't gonna block them preemptively) so they'd scale

There's also Soltäre (or whatever her name was) blocking 4 lightning bolts frok Frieren with shields. Idk how it'll be in the anime but the bolts weren't predictable when it comes to trajectory (curved and they were zig zagging so unless you're some prediction god you aren't gonna block them preemptively) so they'd scale
I doubt this meets enough requirements to be lightning speed, right?

I have some thoughts but its late for me and I'll still be busy tomorrow so I'll provide input on tuesday since we aren't in any rush if everyone can wait just a bit for me

I have added the New version of the calc. This now has Manhattan's pixel scaling (super accurate cause of quality) and calculates using the 4 inch thickness since the 1 meter thickness is related to the freezing of a sea rather than a lake.

Uh the freezing of the entire lake is not instantaneous even in the manga let alone the anime so the feat should be divided by the timeframe which is 9 seconds

Also reviewing the episode again it does appear she only froze the surface of the lake and not the entire thing

I have added the New version of the calc. This now has Manhattan's pixel scaling (super accurate cause of quality) and calculates using the 4 inch thickness since the 1 meter thickness is related to the freezing of a sea rather than a lake.
I'd correct that on the last ones and then the partial freeze should work

It'd be 190.7 tons (8-A)

Additionally in the manga it took her 1 panel to go from freezing her immediate surrounding area to the entirety of the lake

Uhhh when did we have that kind of rule? At least for freezing feats?
Always...

Also nah same deal we see the big blast then we have a panel where its half frozen then a panel where its completely frozen so it'd still be around 3 seconds at least even in the manga

3 seconds is better than 9 lmao
I mean higher results ain't the end goal, this is an indexing wiki first and foremost so accuate indexing is the primary goal and 9 seconds is the better option as we get a clear view of how long its supposed to be in adaptation. Heck no point in uses the scans from the anime then for the lake measurements if you aren't willing to use the timeframe either

Why, in the calculation the result is L7C
For Arceus's version dividing by 9 seconds would make it drop to 8-A, I personally don't accept the other calc as its doing a full freeze when she only forze the surface going by what we see in the episode

For Arceus's version dividing by 9 seconds would make it drop to 8-A, I personally don't accept the other calc as its doing a full freeze when she only forze the surface going by what we see in the episode
Why must it be divided by 9 second?

The same calculation is not divided by the time frame at all.

The calculation page is not specified as well.

cFbgWuT.png

Why must it be divided by 9 second?

The same calculation is not divided by the time frame at all.

The calculation page is not specified as well.

cFbgWuT.png
Buddy if they happen instantly they don't need a timeframe if they take time thrn you need to divide by the timeframe both of those were instant, go take a look at ATLA you'll see the same thing.

No point in trying to argue if ya don't know shit about calcs brother cause I'm not going to nor do I have the time to

Thing is most temp change feats in fiction happen instantly or near instantly so you usually don't have to divide by the time it took to perform the feat however when its overtime and that's for a lot of feats when its done overtime we ALWAYS divide by the time it took.

If the feat take 9 seconds then you divide by 9, if it takes 2 minutes then divide by 120 seconds if it takes 100 years then you divide by 100 years worth of seconds this is quite literally nothing new

Heck any joule value listed on person is the joules/sec. Hence the value

Yea but we've been discussing that the 1m thickness is too big (also I am still confused how you got 415 meters, like there's no pixel scaling shown here)
It's in a seperate link
I did as you said by dividing by 9 seconds, we still got the same result as 7-C.
As said here tho 1m thickness is way too thick from what we've seen part from the fact she also literally has 0 reason to freeze the entire thing down to its depths and also the fact that other teams are trying to melt the ice in surface not the entire lake so like nah this doesn't work

It's legit not much thicker than the pebbles on the ground

Well then, ig the only potentially decent feat remaining is Denken's tornado which was big enough to hit the ceiling of the barrier

I think this feat is an outlier since nobody could melt it back. In fact they didn't even need to melt the whole thing

I think this feat is an outlier since nobody could melt it back. In fact they didn't even need to melt the whole thing
How the heck does this make it an outlier?
Lower tier mages couldn't melt it back, the higher tiers didn't even bother as they found it to be a waste of time, not to mention most of them specialized in a specific type of element. Additionally it's a question of range. If their flame magic can't stretch out across the whole thing then it's useless.

It's in a seperate link
As said here tho 1m thickness is way too thick from what we've seen part from the fact she also literally has 0 reason to freeze the entire thing down to its depths and also the fact that other teams are trying to melt the ice in surface not the entire lake so like nah this doesn't work

It's legit not much thicker than the pebbles on the ground

Can we use 10 cm in terms of ice thickness? In this link it is stated "New ice is less than 10 centimeters thick".

Nah not at all for one yeah what Arceus0x said is the case but also the verse has casual feats in this range already, most feats are only just being calculated so I expect things to get changed a few times tbh
Can we use 10 cm in terms of ice thickness? In this link it is stated "New ice is less than 10 centimeters thick".
Nah bro this isn't sea ice, I think Arceus0x's corrected version with the timeframe is the best to go with personally

Another thing I'd like to say is that I think the current 8-A feat we are using is kinda lowballed maybe a bit too much. Heck, I think it's outright wrong now that I think about it.

Pixel scaling looks fancy and all but do y'all see the issue? Himmel is used as a point of measure but he is dozens of meters closer to the camera than the diameter of the crater, not to mention that the hole is looked at from an angle.
I think it could possibly use a re-calc.

Back